IGNORED

West Bromwich Albion away match thread

7 minutes ago, gl2 said:

Will be an interesting starting line up, not least with the goalie, then the forwards maybe Martin/Wells to start in place of Conway/AS; then JD or Cam; got to be a few changes surely?

As much as i think Bents is the far better keeper, I will be amazed if he doesn't start MOL tonight.

3 minutes ago, Super said:

As much as i think Bents is the far better keeper, I will be amazed if he doesn't start MOL tonight.

I wonder if he was referring to Max when he talked about players needing to make the most of the opportunity if they get a chance in the starting eleven and implying Max hadn't been able to do that v Millwall?

7 minutes ago, Superjack said:

He will start O'Leary. Was quite protective of him in the interview after Millwall.

I don't think he should. But I think he will.

Nor me. Bentley was dropped for having one pretty horrendous game, in a game where pretty much nobody came out with any credit.

Bentley has been pretty good this season, saved us on quite a few occasions (I beieve he is the best one on one keeper in the league, when they get in on us) and let's face it, teams do often.

Bentley is the better keeper, I'd like to see him back.

Sorry, Max.

PS going on Nigel's logic, how is Jay Dasilva still in the team? when players lose form, they get replaced?

Edited by AppyDAZE
9 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

Nor me. Bentley was dropped for having one pretty horrendous game, in a game where pretty much nobody came out with any credit.

Bentley has been pretty good this season, saved us on quite a few occasions (I beieve he is the best one on one keeper in the league, when they get in on us) and let's face it, teams do often.

Bentley is the better keeper, I'd like to see him back.

Sorry, Max.

PS going on Nigel's logic, how is Jay Dasilva still in the team? when players lose form, they get replaced?

I'm actually quite looking forward to the Lincoln cup game, because I think he might put Bajic into that one if he is fit.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, pongo88 said:

The only match I really enjoyed away to West Brom was in the promotion season of 75-76. I great 1-0 win. Most of it since has been a bit of a disappointment 

To be fair it was like the Alamo. God knows how we managed to hold on for the win. That season we often found a way to win whatever the performance. 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Swede said:

Although its a lovely ground to visit, many a time I've come away disappointed. Without wanting to put a downer on tonight but whenever I think of the Hawthorns a flashback [or is it a shudder] of the "Welchy bobble" comes to mind   

Game had a 0-0 written all over it until Stuart Monroe (I think) passed back to Welchie. We all watched in horror as the ball bobbled over his foot and trickled into the net. 

2 hours ago, Slippin cider said:

I always enjoy the Hawthorns, nice ground and easy access from the motorway. Here’s hoping for a win …enjoy your trip ..COYR! 

Cheers. Currently stuck on a frustrating call so going to have no time to explore the area.

Hoping this bloody call wraps soon!

Edited by ExiledAjax
  • Like 1
28 minutes ago, Rocking Red Cyril said:

Paid my tenner to avoid wrong commentary 

Plus you'll get to West Brom's goals from a few different angles. And inane replays of nothing whilst there's goal mouth action. And, of course, our commentator saying "Neil*, if city can get the next goal, then it's game on isn't it?", when we're 3 down with 5 minutes to play.

(*Neil Swift - one of the professional development coaches.)

• Confused 1