IGNORED

West Bromwich Albion away match thread

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Until recent weeks, he’s been playing pretty well…bar his final ball. Imho 

Usually rushes his crosses resulting in a crap one, or makes the wrong decision in good positions, like not taking the ball further and into the box.

Such a frustrating player, because he does have something.

Answers on a post card   :laugh:

Edited by AppyDAZE

Hmmm…….given that the front line has dried up I’m surprised that Nige hasn’t returned to Wells/Conway partnership who were scoring regularly.

No doubt that Semenyo is a tremendous talent who can cause panic in the opposition defence but hasn’t forged a partnership with anyone as yet.

Be interesting to see how it goes tonight.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, AppyDAZE said:

Usually rushes his crosses resulting in a crap one, or makes the wrong decision in good positions, like not taking the ball further and into the box.

Such a frustrating player, because he does have something.

Answers on a post card   :laugh:

My Postcard says.........."HiJay...Weather Lovely, Wish you weren't  here"

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
20 minutes ago, gl2 said:

Dodgey keeper and waste of space JD starts again seems he can keep playing some who arent performing/a liability so long as he likes them. Still we have a rusty Wells and AS to strike fear into WBA......seems like we are trying to park the bus.

Weren't you complaining about it being Weimann and Conway who needed dropping the other day? Now they are, as you wanted, you've just moved on to two others. Almost like you'll just whine wherever Pearson does.

In fact that literally only leaves Martin from our entire strike force (2nd best in the division isn't it?) so presumably you wanted him starting up front on his own tonight...?

Edited by IAmNick
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Flames 2
1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

Until recent weeks, he’s been playing pretty well…bar his final ball. Imho 

Not sure I agree with that, he is a poor defender who lets the attacker win the ball first and tries to nick back off him. Would have said he was better going forward, but has lost pace / confidence to beat a man, hence why he cuts back onto the foot which is only good for standing on and delivers terrible crosses that either fail to beat the fist man or just clear everyone.

Occasionally when he goes in field on a run with the ball he does have good close control, but never seems to amount to anything shame he does not attack the box and try to win a penalty

Pring offer so much more in defence and attack, sorry just don't get it

18 minutes ago, gl2 said:

Dodgey keeper and waste of space JD starts again seems he can keep playing some who arent performing/a liability so long as he likes them. Still we have a rusty Wells and AS to strike fear into WBA......seems like we are trying to park the bus.

You mean the keeper who’s been out for most of his time under Nige & a LB that was recently  displaced by someone who hasn’t even been making our bench?

3 minutes ago, Super said:

He came on against Wall and not even in the squad tonight.

4 minutes ago, maxjak said:

It's the very first question i would ask NP. at the Fan's  Forum.............what have you got against Cameron Pring?  And are you sleeping with Jay?

Maybe his name just reminds Nige of a certain crap Prime Minister  and no, not Liz.

Can't think of anything else, because he did ok when he came on,

Edited by AppyDAZE
2 minutes ago, maxjak said:

It's the very first question i would ask NP. at the Fan's  Forum.............what have you got against Cameron Pring?  And are you sleeping with Jay?

Maybe he's just not good enough currently, or fit enough? He has played him a few times and we know he's more than happy to use young and/or inexperienced players.

Don't buy into the conspiracy theories myself. This time last year it was Jay who he supposedly hated and everyone was confused why he wasn't starting remember...

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Hmmm…….given that the front line has dried up I’m surprised that Nige hasn’t returned to Wells/Conway partnership who were scoring regularly.

No doubt that Semenyo is a tremendous talent who can cause panic in the opposition defence but hasn’t forged a partnership with anyone as yet.

Be interesting to see how it goes tonight.

That partnership relied on Weimann playing well imo. At least Semenyo can create chances for himself.

Just seen another embarrassing start to add to the NP role of honor here... 

We have lost more away game in 2022 (12) than any other team in the division. 

Dont worry though, because we scored quite a few goals for a few games, several games ago (yes, we've since got back to normality and don't look like a threat atall - whilst still shipping goals for fun) 

I don't know if you can guess - but I'm not feeling particularly optimistic about our chances of getting anything against the side currently in 20th place in the division - indeed, I'm expecting us to get soundly beaten - & that really isn't good enough - it's just realisation that NP's little mini revival has now returned back to the utterly woeful form that's more on par with his atrocious 20 months in charge here. 

I hope i'm proved utterly wrong this evening & all the NP lovers are shoving these words back in my face, after we've played really well & got some sort of result from tonight..! 

• Haha 2