IGNORED

Middlesborough away match thread

4 minutes ago, bexhill reds said:

obviously you weren’t watching James throughout the match, he was exceptional as the holding midfielder plus Scott and Williams battled throughout.

Williams did okay at covering for the non exsistent RWB and Scott did a lot of running about but nowhere near his Sheffield Utd performance which don't get me wrong he can't do every game but to be so far off.  James did okay maybe I was harsh on him.

what I had meant was our 3 cm's set back most of the game and invited them to play through balls between our cb's and 80% of the time get a one on one with Max which  obviously the defenders have to be held accountable for too.

Bell did have a good Cameo though and as I said before Max was great too. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, daored said:

Agreed, is Pearson without criticism of course he isn’t but the problems at the club last  longer than Pearson’s time here 

The problems at the club are Steve's, no doubt about that. He's the guy who condoned the Mark Ashton financial policy and told the fans they didn't know what the **** they were talking about. The good thing though is he does stick his hand in his pocket and pay to rectify the problems he's created.

• Like 1
  • Flames 2

Good point gained.

Defended ok apart from Vyner giving them the freedom of the pitch. He's been playing well this season, but today he was brain dead. Yeah, Semenyo didn't help but Vyners positioning was awful.

Great games from Max (MoM), Pring, and Conway and Klose had a good game.

Watford up next in the league, it doesn't get any easier.

9 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Are Middlesbrough in a relegation scrap,notice you haven’t answered so will ask again 

I would say so, yes. They are 1 point above the relegation zone. 

What they have done is make a managerial change to address that. 

Their choice is a risky one, but a very astute one, I'd say. 

I'd replace NP with Michael Carrick in heartbeat. 

• Haha 6
  • Confused 1

Today was a good example of what Nige meant when he said "we've lost games that we should have drawn". 

Today we put that right, and battled all over the pitch. 

We didn't create loads, but came away with a point against a decent side. 

I don't think Middlesbrough did enough to win the game. I thought they were very poor up front. 

A draw is a fair result today. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

As I said earlier, on another thread - NP needed time, after last season, so show the development he could instill, after having the summer transfer window. 

I said back then, that we needed to give it until the world Cup break & then that would give a sensible, natural timing to assess where we are. 

I had fully expected that to be a satisfactory mid table position, or had hoped we'd be well set for a top 6 push - at one point, upto the Burnley, that looked highly possible. 

Since then, we have reverted to type and now, despite the utter delusion/blind faith that some are displaying - we are staring directly into a scrap that everyone thought we are/were/should be too good to be facing. 

The answer...? There's no magic answer. 

The question is more relevant - is NP getting the best from what we've got...? 

I'd say the answer is a resounding & prolonged - NO! 

Top 6 push,cmon mate I like to wind people up on here but at least I’m subtle about it

Edited by joe jordans teeth
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
3 minutes ago, pillred said:

Which to be fair hasn't been often of late, it's human nature surely to be disappointed with how things are going. I am guilty of being rather critical of NP myself but I certainly never ever want us to lose just so I can moan and I would imagine very few others do either. 

Moaning started way before final whistle. It's a very tight division, single points are very worthy and very welcome. 24 points is mid table. We have 23 with many injuries and illness problems. 

• Like 2
Just now, Banjo Island said:

Good point today and things will look a lot better when kalas atkinson tanner wilson and naismith return to the squad

Thats the trouble we cannot compete in this league with such a small squad when that many players are out we cannot replace them with the quality needed to compete so whoever the manager is he will struggle

6 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

As I said earlier, on another thread - NP needed time, after last season, so show the development he could instill, after having the summer transfer window. 

I said back then, that we needed to give it until the world Cup break & then that would give a sensible, natural timing to assess where we are. 

I had fully expected that to be a satisfactory mid table position, or had hoped we'd be well set for a top 6 push - at one point, upto the Burnley, that looked highly possible. 

Since then, we have reverted to type and now, despite the utter delusion/blind faith that some are displaying - we are staring directly into a scrap that everyone thought we are/were/should be too good to be facing. 

Stop with the nonsense that it’s blind faith or delusion that people are showing…it’s called being realistic 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I would say so, yes. They are 1 point above the relegation zone. 

What they have done is make a managerial change to address that. 

Their choice is a risky one, but a very astute one, I'd say. 

I'd replace NP with Michael Carrick in heartbeat. 

There is no way Boro or WBA with the squads they have will be in a relegation scrap.

will both end up top half.

3 minutes ago, pillred said:

Which to be fair hasn't been often of late, it's human nature surely to be disappointed with how things are going. I am guilty of being rather critical of NP myself but I certainly never ever want us to lose just so I can moan and I would imagine very few others do either. 

Do you understand though what he’s done behind the scenes , sorry , had to do . Slash the wage bill , trim the squad whilst blooding lots of kids . If he’d had good money to spend , like LJ did & we were blowing as hot & cold as we are then I’d agree . However we have a squad of some good older pros , some players that are not good enough but still have to be played that constantly under perform , plus kids who by nature will have dips in form & make mistakes. I wouldn’t be surprised if this is Pearson’s toughest job of his career . You can’t just look at results in isolation . It’s ignorant to do so. Look at the back line today. Our three best centre backs missing & two right backs . People still moaning we look dodgy in defence . Well I wonder why .  It ******* beggars belief 

• Like 14
  • Flames 3
8 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Chris Wilder or Sean Dyche ?

Seriously, spot on.

No one thinks NP has got everything right but the lack of understanding by some is off the scale.

Today’s starting line up had 6 academy graduates in it, he then brought on 2 more, one (Low) given his league debut.

Boro’s bench had Mowatt, Matt Crooks, McNair, Dijksteel, & 2 strikers Wilder brought in, Rodrigo Muniz & Hoppe.

Their squad when compared to what Pearson has been able to change is night & day.

Agreed.
Just ignore some of the arseholes on here. They continue to blow out there arse unable to understand what a shithole of a club Bristol City had been for years until NP and RG came along.just ignore the arse blowers. NP inherited a shitshow.
Will take time to turn around and City may get relegated but as a football club, they will be stronger in a few years time, hopefully.

• Flames 2
8 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Good point gained.

Defended ok apart from Vyner giving them the freedom of the pitch. He's been playing well this season, but today he was brain dead. Yeah, Semenyo didn't help but Vyners positioning was awful.

Great games from Max (MoM), Pring, and Conway and Klose had a good game.

Watford up next in the league, it doesn't get any easier.

Vyner was moved out from central defence and hung out to dry by Semenyo who was way too high up the pitch. 

6 minutes ago, Banjo Island said:

Good point today and things will look a lot better when kalas atkinson tanner wilson and naismith return to the squad

I thought our defence looked at its best when we had Tanner, Vyner and Pring as the back 3.....there was pace in the defence and everything seemed to happen a bit quicker. 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

In defence of Pearson he’s working with hands tied behind his back, our signings have mainly been free agents and from the lower leagues who will need time to get used to the championship, with respect to Wilson and Tanner the jump from league 2 to championship is huge. 

I think most people expected us to be lower half in the league and at the moment we’re below that expectation. The league is crazy across all teams no-one is showing any consistency. We have a number of platers out of contract in the summer and unfortunately it appears focus could be elsewhere - human nature.  

As I mentioned elsewhere is Pearson without criticism of course he isn’t, our defensive record is appalling, certainly something I thought we’d see an improvement in. But what options does he have, no money to change and injuries to key players. As I mentioned earlier the problems are deeper and longer than Pearson and go to the top of the club 

• Like 3
  • Flames 1
11 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Truly idiotic . People like you just look at results. Try looking at where we’ve had to come from behind the scenes when Pearson took over. Clowns like you are entirely the reason I & others with some concept of realism come on here less & less . Clueless 100% clueless 

Oh you are a charmer mate..! 

Sadly, the FA look at results, when compiling the league table too - didn't you know that...? 

Clueless clowns, like me, aren't seeing anything other than dreadful results, coupled with, bar the odd exception like last Tuesday (which we still lost!) any sign of controlling games & getting the best out of a reasonable decent & talented squad. 

If we were controlling games & getting sicker punched, I could see your point - but we're not. 

We are struggling to win games & rarely deserving any better. 

We have talent, yet NP doesn't seem to know where or how to play them to get the best from them. 

If you are happy & content with how this progress is developing, then whoopee for you. 

I'm not. 

That doesn't make me an idiotic clown - it makes me a concerned supporter - so go F yourself if you don't like my opinion & don't go hurling derogatory comments at me from behind the safety of your anonymous keyboard. 

Have a lovely evening! 

• Like 6
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 4
  • Hmmm 1
  • Robin 1
29 minutes ago, daored said:

It’s nothing to do with Ashton or Johnson us spending beyond our means , there is one man at the club who signs off expenditure and agrees the budget. That person is still at the football club

I thought we had finally reached the point where everybody understood that because of the massive overspending under Ashton and Johnson we needed to greatly reduce our losses to avoid FFP points deductions so don't have any money to spend.

It seems I was wrong.

• Like 9
4 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Oh you are a charmer mate..! 

Sadly, the FA look at results, when compiling the league table too - didn't you know that...? 

Clueless clowns, like me, aren't seeing anything other than dreadful results, coupled with, bar the odd exception like last Tuesday (which we still lost!) any sign of controlling games & getting the best out of a reasonable decent & talented squad. 

If we were controlling games & getting sicker punched, I could see your point - but we're not. 

We are struggling to win games & rarely deserving any better. 

We have talent, yet NP doesn't seem to know where or how to play them to get the best from them. 

If you are happy & content with how this progress is developing, then whoopee for you. 

I'm not. 

That doesn't make me an idiotic clown - it makes me a concerned supporter - so go F yourself if you don't like my opinion & don't go hurling derogatory comments at me from behind the safety of your anonymous keyboard. 

Have a lovely evening! 

You must be the most hated City “fan” on OTIB.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1