IGNORED

Middlesborough away match thread

Amazing to read some of the posts in this thread. I can't imagine who thought we'd be challenging for the top 6 at the start of the season! Lovely if it happened but a look at the players we currently have fit and available would suggest it highly unlikely. I thought today we were outplayed for long periods by a side with players of far greater technical ability and experience. Weren't Boro tipped for the top this year? A battling point was a good return today. Earlier in the week we outplayed the Blades and were desperately unlucky.

Surely anyone who has watched City down the years knows that enthusiasm isn't enough. Investment is needed in quality. Lansdown having blown the budget on a pair of chancers NP has a tough job. Needs all the support he can get. He gets mine.

• Like 13
  • Flames 2
  • Robin 3

I think people have to look at the bigger picture here. We’re short on numbers, we’ve got defensive injuries and no disrespect to Joe Low but he was required today.

That shows where we are. We just gotta stick with it for now??

Point away at Boro is a decent result. We played very well midweek and got nothing….

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Bar BS3 said:

It's not the point. Satisfied with a point away, of course. 

We've been battered today. If it weren't for Max, we could easily have conceded 5 or 6.

They've had 70% possession. Over 20 efforts at our goal. More that twice the passes & twice the attacks we've had. 

This is one of the few teams who are below us in the table..! 

It's a welcome point - but a rather fortunate one. 

You could also say we absolutely battered sheffield utd and should have scored 4 but ended up with nothing. You don't always get what you deserve.

It's a great point when you look at the players available, get our first team players back after the world cup break and hopefully we can kick on.

• Like 2
20 minutes ago, Tin Soldier said:

You must be the most hated City “fan” on OTIB.

I have to think very hard to remember such a vile and ignorant comment being posted.

putin would be proud of you- a reasoned point of view is unacceptable if you bully boys have an alternative narrative. 

After 17 years and about 18000 posts on OTIB, I think that @Bar BS3 has earned the right to an opinion.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
31 minutes ago, Tin Soldier said:

You must be the most hated City “fan” on OTIB.

7 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

He couldn’t run the pubs properly he was in charge of and now he’s bloody a expert at football 

Boooo Pearson out 

OTIB- why not become a supporter??

It's only £5 and you certainly have an opinion on these pages.

9 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

He couldn’t run the pubs properly he was in charge of and now he’s bloody a expert at football 

Boooo Pearson out 

Oh rally..? 

I think you'll find the turnover told a very different story at 2 of the 3 pubs - but I'm sorry if they weren't to your liking! 

7 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Yes. ⬇️⬇️⬇️

No.

Pot.

To.

Piss.

In.

It's like talking to a brick wall - we all know we haven't got money to spend. 

That doesn't alter what we HAVE got & the failure to get the best from them. 

My prediction is that next season we will be looking back at this seasons squad & wishing we had half the quality that we've currently got. 

Edited by Bar BS3
  • Like 2
1 minute ago, phantom said:

PLEASE KNOCK THE PERSONALLY INSULTING COMMENTS ABOUT POSTERS ON THE HEAD 

KEEP THIS DISCUSSION ABOUT THE GAME AND NOT ABOUT INDIVIDUAL PEOPLE 

US ADMIN REALLY HAVE BETTER THINGS TO DO ON A SATURDAY NIGHT 

STRICTLY IS ON SOON ?

Don't delete their comments mate, please. 

They've made me laugh & it shows them up as the gobshite bully boy tossers that they are, for everyone else to see ??

• Like 2
54 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Oh you are a charmer mate..! 

Sadly, the FA look at results, when compiling the league table too - didn't you know that...? 

Clueless clowns, like me, aren't seeing anything other than dreadful results, coupled with, bar the odd exception like last Tuesday (which we still lost!) any sign of controlling games & getting the best out of a reasonable decent & talented squad. 

If we were controlling games & getting sicker punched, I could see your point - but we're not. 

We are struggling to win games & rarely deserving any better. 

We have talent, yet NP doesn't seem to know where or how to play them to get the best from them. 

If you are happy & content with how this progress is developing, then whoopee for you. 

I'm not. 

That doesn't make me an idiotic clown - it makes me a concerned supporter - so go F yourself if you don't like my opinion & don't go hurling derogatory comments at me from behind the safety of your anonymous keyboard. 

Have a lovely evening! 

The response sums you up. No mention what so ever of the state financially the club was in and no concept of what Pearson has had & continues to do the turn things around . Your second sentence sums you up . You just carry on judging on 90 minutes in front of you . Don’t even bother thinking about we’ve got our three best centre halves missing  or kids learning their trade. ???

Edited by steviestevieneville
  • Like 2
2 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

It's like talking to a brick wall - we all know we haven't got money to spend. 

That doesn't skter what we HAVE got & the failure to get the best from them. 

My prediction is that next season we will be looking back at this seasons squad & wishing we had half the quality that we've currently got. 

What “quality” will we lose?

Scott - give you that.

Massengo - three managers have failed to get a tune out of him.

Semenyo - ability is there but he was one of the biggest problems today. Hook him off for Sykes at the break and we might have hung on for 3 points.

Bentley - since we’ve introduced a keeper who travels more than three yards off his line the goals conceded are reducing.

Kalas - not fit for about a year now.

Am I missing anyone and of the above I would say four of them can be replaced more than adequately.

• Like 1
45 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

I agree in part but feel that it was due to suddenly finding himself on the right side of the back three instead of the middle where he’s recently been very good. 

The outside centre-backs in a 3 need to work in tandem with their wing-backs.

I didn't see today's game. Was Zac let down by Semenyo and Weimann?