IGNORED

Middlesborough away match thread

3 minutes ago, bexhill reds said:

Nope we don’t look like a relegation team, we are an inconsistent team but not a poor one, get the consistency back and we’ll be fine.

Consistency back...? 

Apart from what's turned out to be a "blip" earlier in the season - at what point have we had any consistency since NP has been here...? 

7 minutes ago, billywedlock said:

A good point away from home, on a day we were quite wayward in defence. Max was exceptional, Pring and Conway very good. A few were well off the required level. But getting a draw is great when you have such an off day. 

I struggle to understand some posters on here who seem to gain great joy from the team struggling. It is most bizarre. The negativity and total lack of comprehension of the situation at the club is exactly what we need to get rid of to become a success in the future. None of it is constructive, it is just negative moaning. 

Good luck trying get rid of some of the bell ends on here . Like you say , they actually revel in negativity . Don’t see them when we do well. 

• Like 11
  • Flames 2
5 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

With not even half the season gone then no,proper bed wetter you are mate 

How are we supposed to assess the season, if it's not at its current point...? 

That's not wetting the bed - it's being rightfully concerned. 

Do I think we are too good to be in a relegation scrap?.....absolutely.

That's my point - that's exactly where NP has us. 

• Like 1
Just now, Bar BS3 said:

Are Middlesbrough in a relegation scrap,notice you haven’t answered so will ask again 

I guess this is becoming another season closer to clearing the decks a bit more. I think that’s my main frustration, if we were in a bit of a better position when Pearson took over this could’ve been a genuine promotion push season given how open it is. 

People have very, very short memories when it comes to the mess he inherited. 

Those who want him sacked, who do you want to take over? Genuinely?

All the talk of Luton, Coventry etc being above us is all well and good but there’s a key thing people miss: continuity. Most teams above us have had solid foundations for many years, and have had the same manager for many years too. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 2
1 minute ago, Bar BS3 said:

Consistency back...? 

Apart from what's turned out to be a "blip" earlier in the season - at what point have we had any consistency since NP has been here...? 

Truly idiotic . People like you just look at results. Try looking at where we’ve had to come from behind the scenes when Pearson took over. Clowns like you are entirely the reason I & others with some concept of realism come on here less & less . Clueless 100% clueless 

• Like 7
  • Flames 4
Just now, Bar BS3 said:

Consistency back...? 

No point in trying to debate with you, you have your opinion, you don’t like the manager and that’s that, so I suspect that you are not prepared to accept or see any positives that he might be bringing to the club and team, nor how some players are flourishing under his influence.

6 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I think we are in a relegation scrap personally , whether we’re good enough to stay up time will tell , I think we are. The club is continuing to move high earners on and unfortunately whilst in that position and with young players we’re an inconsistent side. We simply have to stay up this year and look to lay foundations for the future within our means, is Pearson the man to do that in my opinion yes. @petehintonjust read your post and agree 100%.

looking forward to listening to the live podcast tonight with comments that Pearson must go but with no solution !

Edited by daored
  • Like 3
2 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Truly idiotic . People like you just look at results. Try looking at where we’ve had to come from behind the scenes when Pearson took over. Clowns like you are entirely the reason I & others with some concept of realism come on here less & less . Clueless 100% clueless 

The laughable thing is the "result" wasn't that bad today. The performance was but then if you go down that route you have to give credit for the performance in the week when the result was poor.

• Like 3
5 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Good luck trying get rid of some of the bell ends on here . Like you say , they actually revel in negativity . Don’t see them when we do well. 

Which to be fair hasn't been often of late, it's human nature surely to be disappointed with how things are going. I am guilty of being rather critical of NP myself but I certainly never ever want us to lose just so I can moan and I would imagine very few others do either. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

The yellow to Vyner was s joke also thought we had somene else booked  although not showing on bbc.

Irrespective the ref was sh1t

5 minutes ago, Totterdown's Finest said:

We had two yellows, they got 3...

The card count doesn’t show the whole picture, arguably the Yellow for Josh Low was soft, but he was giving them soft fouls throughout the 2nd half and where he got the additional minute in extra time I’ll never know.

Just now, pillred said:

Which to be fair hasn't been often of late, it's human nature surely to be disappointed with how things are going. I am guilty of being rather critical of NP myself but I certainly never ever want us to lose just so I can moan and I would imagine very few others do either. 

It's also human nature to be able to control your emotions to the extent that you don't come on a forum and literally spend an entire afternoon moaning when the final outcome was acceptable at 3pm. Getting so angry and unable to control yourself that you come out with comments such as "they don't have the fight" when the only positive thing they did show, performance wise today, was FIGHT.

• Like 4
3 minutes ago, daored said:

So what is the solution?

As I said earlier, on another thread - NP needed time, after last season, so show the development he could instill, after having the summer transfer window. 

I said back then, that we needed to give it until the world Cup break & then that would give a sensible, natural timing to assess where we are. 

I had fully expected that to be a satisfactory mid table position, or had hoped we'd be well set for a top 6 push - at one point, upto the Burnley, that looked highly possible. 

Since then, we have reverted to type and now, despite the utter delusion/blind faith that some are displaying - we are staring directly into a scrap that everyone thought we are/were/should be too good to be facing. 

The answer...? There's no magic answer. 

The question is more relevant - is NP getting the best from what we've got...? 

I'd say the answer is a resounding & prolonged - NO! 

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Flames 1