IGNORED

Nathan Jones (now been sacked)

Northern Red

He's a bit of a weirdo.

Comes from Merthyr in South Wales. Early career in local Rhondda teams.

Went to Luton aged 20 but no first team games. Supposedly got homesick so instead of going back to South Wales, he signed for Badajoz in western Spain. Quite a nice town(city), I went there several times when lived in Portugal.

Now a manager who really should have been arrested at every match he's at for the foul and disgusting language he spouts for every minute of a match.

Interested to see which direction they take now. 

Firefighter e.g . Allerdyce

Big name that needs a job e.g. Gerrard

Foreign coach with growing reputation, although that could be a big risk given where we are in the season and their understandable desire to avoid relegation.

On the face of it they are not that an attractive proposition right now but no doubt there will be lots of applicants.

Edited by ScottishRed

20 minutes ago, ScottishRed said:

Foreign coach with growing reputation, although that could be a big risk given where we are in the season and their understandable desire to avoid relegation.

On the face of it they are not that an attractive proposition right now but no doubt there will be lots of applicants.

I got that far in your post and thought you were about to list a whole bunch of non-sporting roles that could do a better job.

Street Cleaner 

Trolley Collector 

Traffic Warden ....... :)

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, ScottishRed said:

It won't be Chris Wilder....................he's joining the Few when Barton's next meltdown is too much for Mr Rolex. Honestly, that is what I heard one of them roasters say yesterday.

• Haha 4

I do understand you have to take these jobs when become available, but I really wonder if a coach like Jones that needs to embed his style of play would be better off holding out for a position where he has the whole summer to work with players. 

Kal Naismith was very generous in his praise of Jones as a coach, and what he did with Luton is remarkable so he must have ability despite his critics on here. 

37 minutes ago, Red Skin said:

I do understand you have to take these jobs when become available, but I really wonder if a coach like Jones that needs to embed his style of play would be better off holding out for a position where he has the whole summer to work with players. 

Kal Naismith was very generous in his praise of Jones as a coach, and what he did with Luton is remarkable so he must have ability despite his critics on here. 

Agree mate, I suppose a chance to work in the Premier League iwas too good to turn down..

It's strange in a way that the Southampton board didn't have the strength of their own convictions and stick with their choice as manager....

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, B1ackbird said:

Agree mate, I suppose a chance to work in the Premier League iwas too good to turn down..

It's strange in a way that the Southampton board didn't have the strength of their own convictions and stick with their choice as manager....

Agree.  He is probably the man to get them back up if they are relegated. 

• Like 1

• The title was changed to Nathan Jones (now been sacked)
3 hours ago, eardun said:

I always thought Jones’ appointment at Southampton was surprising. Thought he might last longer than just three months though. 

I think if you're going to appoint anyone to a club that's not in a great position you need to give them more than 3 months. Don't like Jones so not defense of him and think he was the wrong appointment, but 3 months is not a lot of time to turn things around.