IGNORED

Here he is. The Messiah is to blame

BigAl&Toby

1 minute ago, BigAl&Toby said:

Well, well, well.

Here we are again. Wasn’t long ago that Korey smacked it home, we were deliriously delighted and Bobby scored from the spot.

Now we’re ****** over by the boys in Lincoln green. The call goes out. Nige is a clown. He has to go.

But all’s well in Planet Lansdown. The Messiah has deep pockets. We shall be grateful. We have a lovely stadium - I’ll grant ‘ee Steve - The Killers were superb.

He’s got his medal - services to sport? His home city? Making us proud?

He’s had to contend with Covid. And all that brought with it. Was there an opportunity to offer up AG for immunisation jabs? Did he do so out of the goodness of his heart? Anyone know?

He’s had to endure the issues around FFP. And for a professional investor he’s done that very well…. He let Ashton in and **** us over. He let Junior take up the reins and **** it up.

And now we have good old Tinman in a new role…. Who remembers the sorry state of Swansea affairs when “the legend” sat in the dug out as the lights were turned off?

Job for the boys? Don’t challenge me. Go now Nige. Go now. Self preservation. Like Mr Coppell…..

But it’s ok. We are grateful. Steve is doing a great job. For Steve and his merry, proud gang…..

Am I grateful? Am I bollocks. The only one who’s done well out of this debacle whilst Capn Steve has had his hands on the udders of the cash cow in BS3 is the Messiah himself.

Freeholds in Ashton Vale anyone?

032BA508-3481-44AE-B488-5272F5ABE2A7.jpeg

Not a fan then? 

• Haha 13

11 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Not a fan then? 

@Major Isewaternope. Never have been. 

As you’d know if you paid attention! ? I’ve always had that view. And expressed it.

There’s none so blind and all that. If he’d run HL in the same way he’s run BCFC - sorry, Bristol Sport - sorry Pula - then he’d not be living it up on Guernsey.

He’d be living in Lundy……

He’s only got one interest at the forefront of his mind. Self interest….

But hey. It’s lovely to have a shiny stadium…… and shit football…….

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 3
  • Hmmm 2

7 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

Steve Lansdown has personally committed over £214m of his own money to ensure Bristol City FC remain trading such we may occasionally have an afternoon of fun at AG.

And you, what have you contributed to keep City trading?

There were other ways to run Bristol City. ??‍♂️

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Hmmm 1
  • Flames 2
  • Robin 1

17 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

Steve Lansdown has personally committed over £214m of his own money to ensure Bristol City FC remain trading such we may occasionally have an afternoon of fun at AG.

Most of that was spunked by him to make up for mistakes made by............ Him! 

• Like 8
  • Confused 2
  • Flames 3

16 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

Why bother answering that drivel? 

10 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

There were other ways to run Bristol City. ??‍♂️

Ok Dave I’ll bite. To what are you referring?

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

His time and money which, pro rata, represents a greater percentage of his disposable resources than £214M does of Lansdown's, I'd imagine.  For starters. 

Edited by Merrick's Marvels
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Hmmm 1

33 minutes ago, BigAl&Toby said:

If he’d run HL in the same way he’s run BCFC - sorry, Bristol Sport - sorry Pula - then he’d not be living it up on Guernsey.

He’d be living in Lundy……

How many out of the other 91 clubs owners are making it pay from their football clubs alone please? I mean SL must be the only one, or one of a few that has their football club running at a loss going by your posts.

18 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

@BTRFTG I guess you’re in the “there’s none so blind camp”…..

Me? Season ticket payments for more years than I can remember. For several of us.

Oh and shares. From 1982. When Steve and his mate Pete were planning how they’d make billions in their bedrooms….. When Steve didn’t see the merits of putting his money in…..

Ha I hear you say. **** all then….

As a proportion of wealth and income? Don’t know…..

But hey. If you’re happy with the decisions that The Messiah has made and the week in, week out inconsistent shit show then carry on.

I expect more. Steve’s only interest is Steve.

How do you see his “investment”? A success?

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Aha. @REDOXO

Another disciple of the Lansdown is the Messiah.

Tell me. You happy with where we are?

Where once as a club we had supporters who had a financial interest in “our club”. Where generations had supported “our club” through thick and thin. Where once - as a club - we owned our our own ground.

But hey. If you’re happy with where we are now under Mr, Mrs and Junior then who am I to question it.

**** me. The bloke’s doing a great job……

If we’re really lucky we might - just might - still be out of the relegation zone come Saturday ??

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Dave is clearly referring to how poorly SL has ran the footballing side of the club over the years.

I genuinely think the best footballing decision he has ever made at the club is appointing GJ in 2005, everything else footballing wise he has authorised has been an absolutely disaster and he rarely learns.

Id genuinely like you or somebody else to name me some other good footballing decisions he has made in the 20 odd years he has been in charge of the club? Cotts wasn’t even his choice FFS.

How many countless teams up and down the country have we seen overtake us over the last 15-20 years..

I’m just looking at the Prem table and Brighton ******* Brighton are 6th! They are probably the best example of a club that have done everything right over the last 10–15 years with a man in Tony Bloom (not as rich as Lansdown mind you) who clearly knows how to run a football club.

Edited by Bris Red
  • Like 10
  • Flames 4

18 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

⬇️⬇️⬇️

15 minutes ago, frenchred said:

I'll take a guess at the continual fu k ups made by lansdown

And…⬇️⬇️⬇️

3 minutes ago, Bris Red said:

Dave is clearly referring to how poorly SL has ran the footballing side of the club over the years.

I genuinely think the best footballing decision he has ever made at the club is appointing GJ in 2005, everything else footballing wise he has authorised has been an absolutely disaster and he rarely learns.

Id genuinely like you or somebody else to name me some other good footballing decisions he has made in the 20 odd years he has been in charge of the club? Cotts wasn’t even his choice FFS.

How many countless teams up and down the country have we seen overtake us over the last 15-20 years..

I’m just looking at the Prem table and Brighton ******* Brighton are 6th! They are probably the best example of a club that have done everything right over the last 10–15 years with a man in Tony Bloom (not as rich as Lansdown mind you) who clearly knows how to run a football club.

Yep…I am talking about making poor decisions throughout his time here.

Appreciate his investment into infrastructure, don’t really think he should be praised for the other millions he’s wasted / allowed others to waste.

He could’ve kept tighter reigns / reins / rains on the budgets / spending.

• Like 1

Imagine this.

Last or “lastish” game of the season.

We’re away to Crewe. One of only a few teams that have an X in their name.

It’s a sunny, balmy night. We need to win. We have a big forward up front - let’s say it’s Antoine - it wasn’t then…..

Where would Steve be? In the away end with the faithful?

Would he ****. He’d be in his tax haven. Thinking his next step. Mrs L might even be “licking his wounds”…

In the name of his love child - Little Lee - we’ll come again…

Lundy Island? Love Island? Denny ******* island…..

1 minute ago, BigAl&Toby said:

Imagine this.

It’s a sunny, balmy night. We need to win. We have a big forward up front - let’s say it’s Antoine - it wasn’t then…..

Would he ****. He’d be in his tax haven. Thinking his next step. Mrs L might even be “licking his wounds”…

Getting a bit weird now...

• Like 12
  • Flames 2

7 minutes ago, BigAl&Toby said:

Imagine this.

Someone's started on the wine gums early today

22 minutes ago, Bris Red said:

Great post, on the football side he can’t even take credit for Cotts, as everyone knows that was Keith Dawe’s choice.

With that success rate I think he should definitely get him on the interview panel next time.

Bet that he wouldn’t have picked the previous bloke’s assistant after an “exhaustive” 6 week search. 

26 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

His time and money which, pro rata, represents a greater percentage of his disposable resources than £214M does of Lansdown's, I'd imagine.  For starters. 

But pro rata does not pay the bills unless you are in administration, which could have been if we did not have an owner with such deep pockets.

So sure you will say paying for his mistakes, if that is putting money in to back managers etc who purchase and pick the team. But it's easy with hind sight to say it was all wrong.

Bit like you being able to provide last weeks lottery  numbers, easy after the event

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, BigAl&Toby said:

Imagine this.

I’m not his biggest fan but what on earth are you talking about? You getting stuck in ??

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

But pro rata does not pay the bills unless you are in administration, which could have been if we did not have an owner with such deep pockets.

So sure you will say paying for his mistakes, if that is putting money in to back managers etc who purchase and pick the team. But it's easy with hind sight to say it was all wrong.

Bit like you being able to provide last weeks lottery  numbers, easy after the event

You've misunderstood my point. 

12 minutes ago, italian dave said:

Typical OTIB. It's either black. Or it's white.

He's done OK. He could have done better. He could have done worse. We could have had better owners (tho I cant think of too many). We could have had (a lot) worse.

He's not the messiah, but he's not a naughty boy either. (Second time I've posted that recently!)

*I could be wrong, I could be right..."

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

He done very well in terms of infrastructure ( whether that’s for his own gain or the football clubs is up for discussion) but he’s been awful at making the decisions on the footballing side of things , the clubs that have overtaken us prove that . 

This city has huge potential if one of the teams ever get to the prem and being honest it’s mind blowing that Someone with his wealth and business background hasn’t managed to get it done . 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BigAl&Toby said:

Aha. @REDOXO

Another disciple of the Lansdown is the Messiah.

Tell me. You happy with where we are?

Where once as a club we had supporters who had a financial interest in “our club”. Where generations had supported “our club” through thick and thin. Where once - as a club - we owned our our own ground.

But hey. If you’re happy with where we are now under Mr, Mrs and Junior then who am I to question it.

**** me. The bloke’s doing a great job……

If we’re really lucky we might - just might - still be out of the relegation zone come Saturday ??

I refer to my response to BTRFTG!