IGNORED

Lee Johnson

23 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Which means Jamie Mac is probably on the verge as well.

So the transfer his son made is looking like an increasingly isolated one. Unless of course, his son is in the side and playing first team football - no idea, not a side I follow! 

His son has only recently managed to get selected for the first time in their Development squad.  I’ve only seen his name a few times in the u18s, but I don’t look specifically.

Time will tell whether this was a football or family move or something else.  Not that it matters too much, we got £250k + add-ons.

21 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

His son has only recently managed to get selected for the first time in their Development squad.  I’ve only seen his name a few times in the u18s, but I don’t look specifically.

Time will tell whether this was a football or family move or something else.  Not that it matters too much, we got £250k + add-ons.

Just be a shame for the player if he followed a family connection and it stalled his career to such a point that he never got it back on track - Tins was pointing out at the fans forum that some players move too early when there is an established pathway at City and given that he was apparently quite fancied by staff at City to make it (or so it seemed) you wonder if he'll be another one who just didn't quite meet his potential elsewhere. 

• Like 5

53 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Which means Jamie Mac is probably on the verge as well.

So the transfer his son made is looking like an increasingly isolated one. Unless of course, his son is in the side and playing first team football - no idea, not a side I follow! 

At the time of the move I thought the logic was a bit flawed. Managers, with the odd exception, get sacked on a regular basis. If you’re lucky you might last 2 or 3 years but, on the other hand it could be months. In the near future LJ and Jamie Mac could be working hundreds of miles from Hibs. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, The Coach said:

I don't even think it is. Lee Johnson is not a footballing manager or any manager/leader at all in this sport. I think he'd make somewhat an effective coach in one of the youth national teams somehow. 

Gotta love football fans. Hibs were third a fortnight ago, and above Hearts (which is pretty much all Hibs fans care about) and now the bloke isn't even good enough to manage a crap National League club. 

• Like 7

13 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Gotta love football fans. Hibs were third a fortnight ago, and above Hearts (which is pretty much all Hibs fans care about) and now the bloke isn't even good enough to manage a crap National League club. 

Did the season end a fortnight ago? Has it ended yet? No, but given Lee’s history. It’s repeating itself.

10 years in football management next year. Only a Johnstone’s paint trophy to his name. Not a good CV

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, The Coach said:

Did the season end a fortnight ago? Has it ended yet? No, but given Lee’s history. It’s repeating itself.

10 years in football management next year. Only a Johnstone’s paint trophy to his name. Not a good CV

Not a CV that suggests his next job will be in non-league, which was my point. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

That’s why he’s known as streaky Lee. Hibs were doing well and now it’s 3 points from the last 6 games. Six matches isn’t much, and it happens with every manager / team, but with him it just seems to be magnified. I’m sure it’s because supporters don’t warm to him due to his David Brent style interviews 

I saw Lee running in a marathon once. There was about half a mile left and he was really puffing and struggling. He came to a stand still, hands on his knees, cheeks red as a city shirt. Someone from the crowd shouted "quick, use a few buzz phrases Lee".

His eyes lit up and he fired off a stream of corporate jargon the hot air created from which powered him triumphantly over the finishing line. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Not a CV that suggests his next job will be in non-league, which was my point. 

Maybe not straight away but if he fails at Hibs and gets the sack at some point, i can’t see him returning to England at any higher of a level than League 1/2 IMO.

It’s then a long hard road back to the championship and he would almost certainly need to then add a promotion to his CV to stay relevant and on the radar of Championship clubs.

I can see him following a fairly similar career trajectory as his father did after leaving us to be honest.

14 hours ago, pongo88 said:

The Hibs forum has some wild comments. It makes OTIB seem very polite

https://www.hibeesbounce.com/threads/lee-must-go.137946/

I know Scotland can be a strange place, and maybe it's common parlance amongst Scottish football fans, but for the life of I can't see who the teams he mentions might be (apart from Livingstone)...

"Next 4 games after World Cup are Huns, Livy, Tims and Gunts. How many points do you see this team getting out of those games!"

2 hours ago, richwwtk said:

I know Scotland can be a strange place, and maybe it's common parlance amongst Scottish football fans, but for the life of I can't see who the teams he mentions might be (apart from Livingstone)...

"Next 4 games after World Cup are Huns, Livy, Tims and Gunts. How many points do you see this team getting out of those games!"

Rangers, Livingston, Celtic, and Hearts ( but the last one  is a typo I think !)

• Thanks 2

It's weird how LJ goes on these streaks of winning and losing.

Hibs are bottom of the form table over the past 6 games.

When you look at how they played in those games, they often dominated and created the most chances and shots on goals. 

They aren't playing badly...however they are losing games too easily.

It's been a curse of LJs career.

I've wondered in the past why it happens.

It's crossed my mind that he's forever being ' the coach'. Looking at all aspects of the game. 

He finds a way of winning...but doesn't seem content with that. Is it something he changes, looking for perfection, that causes the problem?

It's certainly odd that it happens everywhere he goes. That's a common theme. So something must trigger it 

“We’re a kit car at the moment, still being pieced together,” he added. “But we have a good engine — that’s the fanbase, the history of the club, that’s the training ground, the stadium — and now we need to fine tune some bits around it to make sure we are moving dynamically forward.”

Lee Johnson talking before Hibs’ game with Celtic 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• Admin
On 27/12/2022 at 01:18, Malago said:

“We’re a kit car at the moment, still being pieced together,” he added. “But we have a good engine — that’s the fanbase, the history of the club, that’s the training ground, the stadium — and now we need to fine tune some bits around it to make sure we are moving dynamically forward.”

Lee Johnson talking before Hibs’ game with Celtic 

He has well and truly lost the plot at Hibs

Hibs boss Lee Johnson BLANKED his players following derby defeat to Hearts as pressure mounts | The Scottish Sun

I see he is on yet another of his infamous losing streaks and blaming everyone but himself again.... Thank goodness we are well rid of this nonsense !!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, phantom said:

He has well and truly lost the plot at Hibs

Hibs boss Lee Johnson BLANKED his players following derby defeat to Hearts as pressure mounts | The Scottish Sun

I see he is on yet another of his infamous losing streaks and blaming everyone but himself again.... Thank goodness we are well rid of this nonsense !!

I saw that earlier.  I thought others might find it churlish if I posted. ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1