IGNORED

Time Since Last Bristol City Penalty

JackiDziekanowski

So Nige had a chat with the Ref, he cleared up the reason for no Pen yesterday ?

I’m more disappointed with the penalty shout that’s not given when Nahki Wells is tackled from behind in the fashion that he is. The explanation is 'minimal football contact', whatever that means.
"'Minimal football contact', what does that mean? No idea. Got no idea what they were talking about and so another week goes past where we have a shout that if it went against us, I wouldn’t argue against it "If that was against us, I wouldn’t be arguing with that. But there you go, that’s what we have to put up with every week I’m afraid.”

I don't think any fans get angry any more, shrug and gets on with it.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Never to the dark side said:

from the bible Genesis 19:26 in whch it states "don't look back" or you will turn into a pillare of salt.

Do you always notice how the refs always turn their backs on a penalty shout for Bristol City?

Such is our Lot (‘s wife)

1 hour ago, 1960maaan said:

So Nige had a chat with the Ref, he cleared up the reason for no Pen yesterday ?

I’m more disappointed with the penalty shout that’s not given when Nahki Wells is tackled from behind in the fashion that he is. The explanation is 'minimal football contact', whatever that means.
"'Minimal football contact', what does that mean? No idea. Got no idea what they were talking about and so another week goes past where we have a shout that if it went against us, I wouldn’t argue against it "If that was against us, I wouldn’t be arguing with that. But there you go, that’s what we have to put up with every week I’m afraid.”

I don't think any fans get angry any more, shrug and gets on with it.

I thought Tim Robinson was poor yesterday, let Brereton Diaz in particular get away with a lot of pushing & yet again denied us a clear penalty.

Got the offside right & it was as clear a second yellow as it could be, but another poor referee in BS3.

• Like 1

I thought, in normal circumstances, playing for any other team, that if Semenyo had gone down when he was pushed from behind it would have been a penalty. But he stayed on his feet and hit the side netting when off balance. 

I wonder if the players have decided they can't expect penalties so are staying on their feet when they should go down?

• Flames 1

It wouldn't have though as the ref was consistent in not giving any fouls for pushes anywhere to the point that players were taking the piss as three game went on. 

But it was a pretty clear foul, for the pen shout, he had to go through both of Well's legs to get to the ball which is a foul. 

It is getting ridiculous. 

The challenge on Wells yesterday: outside the box this would 99% of times be awarded as a free kick. So it should have been a penalty.

For me, the referee was inconsistent in his interpretation and application of the laws of the game around contact. As others have alluded to, he allowed Brereton Diaz a lot more wriggle room than others on the pitch with regards to pushing and grappling.

26 minutes ago, tin said:

Having seen it back again this morning, Wharton went through the back of Wells to get the ball. It’s more of penalty than I thought it was from the Lansdown Stand yesterday. 

where are you seeing it? the Sky Sports highlights are so short as to be meaningless.

I also wanted to see Bells offside.

ta.

Its funny that the 2nd yellow for Blackburns defender was a softer challenge, and probably less contact than the Wells penalty incident. Just seems when we get in the box fouls don't count. Shouldn't matter where it is on the pitch. 

Anyway, you just know when we do get a penalty it will probably be the softest challenge going, or a handball that wasn't a handball and whoever takes it will sky it over the bar. There is no way we are scoring this penalty, its destined to go viral on twitter after all the media attention we've brought to it. 

On 24/12/2022 at 20:17, JackiDziekanowski said:

Just knocked this up quickly for those, who like me can't believe the stat.... Surely this will guarantee a Penalty on Boxing Day!

https://bristolcitypenalty.co.uk/

I thought it was worth bringing this forward in the thread to save everyone scrolling back through.

33 minutes ago, Negan said:

Its funny that the 2nd yellow for Blackburns defender was a softer challenge, and probably less contact than the Wells penalty incident. Just seems when we get in the box fouls don't count. Shouldn't matter where it is on the pitch. 

Anyway, you just know when we do get a penalty it will probably be the softest challenge going, or a handball that wasn't a handball and whoever takes it will sky it over the bar. There is no way we are scoring this penalty, its destined to go viral on twitter after all the media attention we've brought to it. 

Also you just know that had the challenge on Wells (that led to the sending off) happened inside the penalty area, then the referee would not have blown for a foul, let alone yellow carded the defender!

• Flames 1
  • Robin 1

This feels like the best place to post. I think we’ve surpassed our previous ridiculous run with yesterday’s game… outside of sitting in the stadium (in bewilderment) I find this unfortunate run fascinating - and it’s not the first time we’ve been here.

In 2003-04 we went a whole season without a penalty in the league, (we were awarded one on the League Cup R1 August 13th at H to Swansea). The last one in the league for a long time was home to Cardiff match 44 in April 2003.

The real kick in the teeth was that we lost the 2003/04 play-off final, to a penalty.

2004-05, Match number 10, we’re awarded a penalty at home to Huddersfield. I think we had simultaneously gone 62 games in the league and 62 games in all competitions without a penalty.

I remember once we’d gone through 55 or 56 games it was a point of note that we had gone 5,000 minutes without a penalty. It wasn’t headline worthy but incredibly frustrating as a fan. See you all again in 20 years?

• Like 1

I can’t seem to find highlights of the Wells shout? 

It’s one of those fouls that if a defender runs back into his own corner and the attacker lays a finger, the defender drops to the floor and the ref blows every single time.

I can’t ducking stand those