IGNORED

Time Since Last Bristol City Penalty

JackiDziekanowski

@sinenomine

It would probably be impossible, because on many highlights videos those episodes are not shown (a really stupid choice).

Some years ago, the club uploaded the full matches on the Robins TV page, and that could have been the perfect source to find/record penalties claims, reds not given to opposition players, etc.  

I imagine that the club media department keeps all the match videos somewhere, so I guess the only chance to make relevant clips is involving someone at the club, by suggesting it directly or indirectly, by talking heavily about it on social medias...

My only concern - maybe the board's one too? - is that making public/strong complaints would lead to a revenge by the EFL, and in our financial situation it could mean points deductions. This is the only reason I'd understand the silence of the club about refereeings...

Edited by Dan Robin

Some of these are definitely available.

The ones yesterday on BBC highlights are time limited.

The ones v Nottingham Forest and QPR last season were on Robins TV/club highlights iirc?

Am mistaken. Watched the QPR ones back and their penalty came after our non penalty call..reached the point of their penalty and yet 9 and a half mins of highlights did not show it.

Some of this season's ones will also have been. Some won't.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

On 08/01/2023 at 16:01, 1960maaan said:

Picture the scene.....

Penalty Bristol City, umm the players seem to be wandering around not sure what to do next. They are consulting the bench, but they seem unaware what the next step is ....

The Ref has now given a goal Kick :facepalm:

It'll be similar to when man discovered how to make fire.....

12 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

The ones v Nottingham Forest and QPR last season were on Robins TV/club highlights iirc?

Am mistaken. Watched the QPR ones back and their penalty came after our non penalty call..reached the point of their penalty and yet 9 and a half mins of highlights did not show it.

Thank you for the Quest....

"Its definitely a penalty...."

18 minutes ago, Curr Avon said:

Thank you for the Quest....

"Its definitely a penalty...."

One v Luton and possibly one of th3 two v Wigan, the two v Watford are all in club highlights.

Stoke one wasn't, the Middlesbrough shout(s) unsure, Watford ones were, don't think Sheffield United ones were. Not watched the Hull ones for a while.

32 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Sums up what I'm saying about club and fans.

How on earth can club produced highlights not show blatent penalties not given??

4 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Sums up what I'm saying about club and fans.

How on earth can club produced highlights not show blatent penalties not given??

Fully agree there, some claims have more merit than others but it does seem odd that a key incident in a game like a potential penalty is not shown on club produced highlights.

These are probably shown but is not just penalties either. Granted not penalties but the non red csrd to Bennett, the red card to Sykes was fine but had a) The Atkinson penalty or b) More justifiably, the non foul called in the build up. Two players sandwiched Sykes, thst gets called as a foul and his challenge does not happen.

Even then why a Sykes for red and not Freeman.

See also the non red card for Norwood in November.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BCFCGav said:

I wish more refs were on Twitter. I want to send Craig Pawson my thoughts on his performance Saturday - and the BBC article about his performance Saturday.

I think that was the ultimate on Sunday, a challenge in the box worthy of a yellow card to a Swansea player, but they get the free kick. ?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

I think that was the ultimate on Sunday, a challenge in the box worthy of a yellow card to a Swansea player, but they get the free kick. ?

I'm just taking some solace in the fact it's garnered a story on the BBC site. At least it's being noticed (and not just on OTIB!). 2 penalties against Birmingham please!

2 hours ago, MarcusX said:

There were at least 4 shouts Sunday, a couple subjective but a couple I thought were clear cut - the one on Atkinson? Where he was wiped out in the box, and the other was on Semenyo I think.

Watching it on holiday with a Leeds supporting friend and he said the same thing 

I think that's what frustrates me most. Other clubs will get their fair share of penalties that are subjective/questionable over the course of a season, we can't even get the stone wall ones. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Seems we have asked for clarification on penalty record??

Plus the reasons behind it.

Fairly unprecedented no?

Adds a bit of pressure I guess.

I would love to see a super cut of all the penalty claims we’ve had in the last few years. 

Referees are obviously not against Bristol City, but it is strange to see such bad luck go on for this amount of time. Hopefully it changes soon

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

Adds a bit of pressure I guess.

I would love to see a super cut of all the penalty claims we’ve had in the last few years. 

Referees are obviously not against Bristol City, but it is strange to see such bad luck go on for this amount of time. Hopefully it changes soon

I'm largely behind the club on this one. Bit of pressure combined with a montage could be interesting...I started work on some shot data in the Autumn, could now be a good time to return.

They might also add the Bennett non red card, the Sykes red but nothing in the build-up when a penalty was waved away, or Sykes was sandwiched and no foul and this I believe fed into the mindset which caused the red card and then Freeman only being booked. Then the Norwood non red vs Sheffield United.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Yeah a montage video on twitter would really be something, because you'll get some people 'oh that's not a penalty' when its not their own team when they see them play against us but a few minute video and there will be at least a few where they go 'okay yeah that's a pen'

• Like 5