IGNORED

Time Since Last Bristol City Penalty

JackiDziekanowski

10 minutes ago, Slack said:

Wouldn't even blame them if they said they'd forgotten how to take one in the post match interview 

Picture the scene.....

Penalty Bristol City, umm the players seem to be wandering around not sure what to do next. They are consulting the bench, but they seem unaware what the next step is ....

The Ref has now given a goal Kick :facepalm:

11 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Semenyos is as blatent as they come and a clear major error that VAR would change. Pawson pointed to the ball but the defender was no where near. Awful decision.

Atkinson was also a penalty but a little more subjective. Given the major error for the first most humans would definitely give that one following. 

My question is WTF is the crowd doing. Need to get right on the refs back but there is none of that these days

The one on Atkinson, Pawson 100% moved whistle to mouth before pulling it away.  Not seen Semenyo one back but thought at time it was a pen.  

3 minutes ago, spudski said:

Should get this countdown clock on the screens during the games, and I'm sure someone could get a song going about it ??

Okay.

Whilst we're waiting for one ...

Pen will I see you again" - Three Degrees

and if/once we start getting lots of penalties ....

"It's raining pens, hallelujah ! "

Edited by Bazooka Joe
  • Haha 2
  • Flames 1

15 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Semenyos is as blatent as they come and a clear major error that VAR would change. Pawson pointed to the ball but the defender was no where near. Awful decision.

Atkinson was also a penalty but a little more subjective. Given the major error for the first most humans would definitely give that one following. 

My question is WTF is the crowd doing. Need to get right on the refs back but there is none of that these days

That also highlights how ridiculous it is to have a competition with effectively different rules dependent on whose ground it is. VAR should be at all grounds or no grounds in this competition 

• Like 6

1 minute ago, East Londoner said:

That also highlights how ridiculous it is to have a competition with effectively different rules dependent on whose ground it is. VAR should be at all grounds or no grounds in this competition 

I have said from the start, it's a disgrace that just because you are in the Prem and have VAR, you can get a decision that a team from a lower League wouldn't. The whole thing about the FA Cup is that it is the same for every team that enters, it aint now.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

I have said from the start, it's a disgrace that just because you are in the Prem and have VAR, you can get a decision that a team from a lower League wouldn't. The whole thing about the FA Cup is that it is the same for every team that enters, it aint now.

I think I’m right in saying that some games don’t have goal line technology either? 

1 minute ago, italian dave said:

I think I’m right in saying that some games don’t have goal line technology either? 

I thought that was standard throughout the League now, so I guess that's just non League teams. But I guess that is similar.
At least it would be just Non League Teams playing home that don't have it , so the differences are limited. 

From 1st round you get 32 qualifiers to add to the 72 League teams. So VAR is available at 20 out of 124 clubs, what's the point.
Ref it Old School.

37 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Yes I’ve mentioned this before. We are so passive at home. 

we have no home End but give the away team an entire stand behind the goal. 

When you have to label a corner of the ground a singing section that tells you all you need to know about how intimidating it is at AG. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, spudski said:

Should get this countdown clock on the screens during the games, and I'm sure someone could get a song going about it ??

Not actually a bad idea. If there was a more us vs them atmosphere we may be more competitive.

Too casual on the field and in the stands.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

I thought that was standard throughout the League now, so I guess that's just non League teams. But I guess that is similar.
At least it would be just Non League Teams playing home that don't have it , so the differences are limited. 

From 1st round you get 32 qualifiers to add to the 72 League teams. So VAR is available at 20 out of 124 clubs, what's the point.
Ref it Old School.

I don't think it's used in League 1 - Danny Cowley was complaining about that before Christmas. 

47 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

There was a little bit of anger at a couple of the calls today but it fizzled out.

We really do need to get behind our side and on the backs of the officials. Made a start on some Championship penalty analysis during the October international break, may return to it and update- the figures will be wildly more ludicrous and off the charts.

5 minutes ago, italian dave said:

I don't think it's used in League 1 - Danny Cowley was complaining about that before Christmas. 

Really, I thought it was. 

I do think that makes less of a difference than VAR potentially does, but this day and age and with the money sloshing around Football they should be able to do it throughout the League.

3 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

There was a little bit of anger at a couple of the calls today but it fizzled out.

We really do need to get behind our side and on the backs of the officials. Made a start on some Championship penalty analysis during the October international break, may return to it and update- the figures will be wildly more ludicrous and off the charts.

I thought the crowd were decent enough in the 2nd half to be fair 

10 minutes ago, Rob k said:

I thought the crowd were decent enough in the 2nd half to be fair 

Oh yeah, atmosphere was good 2nd half. What I mean is specifically sustained anger at refereeing decisions, sustained pressure on the ref.

On the general point, I enjoyed the 2nd half both on the pitch and atmosphere wise.

• Like 1

The last time we had a penalty Queen Elizabeth was on the throne............

......and rewarded Francis Drake with a knighthood for circumnavigating the globe, 20 years after he helped defeat the Spanish Armada!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I'm still pissed off with the one Scott didnt get against QPR last season. 

Maybe we need to start plastering the 428 days (or whatever the number is) around the ground on a match day. Fans with it written on pieces of paper, stick it on the advertising hoardings going round the pitch, give Sam Bell a new squad number, pipe that annoying loop of 7 Nation Army into the referees dressing room for 428 seconds, stick it on a surfer flag

• Like 1
  • Haha 1