IGNORED

Time Since Last Bristol City Penalty

JackiDziekanowski

Meanwhile, Reading who I never saw as a wildly free flowing and dangerous side got awarded their 5th of the League season to date. (They missed).

Think that is their 8th in the League since our last one.

8 in 53 League games or 9 from the beginning of last season to present- not bad going at all...like I say not a strongly dangerous or free flowing side.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

On 26/12/2022 at 09:47, italian dave said:

Is that graph still around that shows the number of minutes a club has to play in order to get a penalty? I remember seeing one a few months ago but Incant find where it came from. It looked at clubs throughout Europe.

Because what that showed iirc was that even the 400+ days since Coventry isn’t some freak oddity - we got penalties just as rarely before then too. For quite some time now we’ve been the least likely club in Europe to get a penalty. 

That graph will be well off the graph/charts now as thst ran until maybe late 2021 or early 2022!?

We've been awarded zero penalties since then so I dread to think! ?

19 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Meanwhile, Reading who I never saw as a wildly free flowing and dangerous side got awarded their 5th of the League season to date. (They missed).

Think that is their 8th in the League since our last one.

8 in 53 League games or 9 from the beginning of last season to present- not bad going at all...like I say not a strongly dangerous or free flowing side.

As we know from a game at our place Tom Ince dives a lot, though..

On 26/12/2022 at 09:47, italian dave said:

Is that graph still around that shows the number of minutes a club has to play in order to get a penalty? I remember seeing one a few months ago but Incant find where it came from. It looked at clubs throughout Europe.

Because what that showed iirc was that even the 400+ days since Coventry isn’t some freak oddity - we got penalties just as rarely before then too. For quite some time now we’ve been the least likely club in Europe to get a penalty. 

Ask Danny Murphy talksport, he said these things always even theirselves out when this was discussed on talksport and particularly us and are lack of penalties ??????

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

That graph will be well off the graph/charts now as thst ran until maybe late 2021 or early 2022!?

We've been awarded zero penalties since then so I dread to think! ?

At the time I think it was about 1 penalty for every 600 minutes played, over a couple of years, for City. Got to be a lot more than that now - and at the time that was hugely longer than anyone else. 

Is now.

League only.

0 in 55 games.

1 in 109 games

League and Cup

0 in 59 games

Or depending on how you measure it.

2 in 117 games if we include the start of November 2020 to present.

Or if it's post Millwall away just under 2 years ago.

1 in 100 games.

League only if we go back to say the start of 2020-21 it is 3 in 118 games and counting. Reading have been awarded 6 in 25 this season alone.

6 minutes ago, Greyrobbo said:

What is record games without a pen in professional football? 
Are we getting close? Would be good to celebrate a record.

Port Vale went 70 odd league games without one up until earlier this season.

Bizarrely I think they then got 2 in a game at Derby & have had 4 in total since.

5 minutes ago, luke_bristol said:

Any shouts for a pen today?

Pring nearly had his shirt pulled off, but managed to get a shot away. We didn't score, headed off the line, so the Ref considered it either advantage played, or just ignored it.

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

In know people will disagree, but I feel like we are over-clasiming penalty appeals on the pitch.

There seems a sort of desperation to it and tbh, I'm not sure I saw a nailed-on penalty today.

Agree, but on the law of averages we should be getting some of those “I’ve seen them given” ones. 

Man U’s one v Everton was one we’d never get

Edited by italian dave
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

In know people will disagree, but I feel like we are over-clasiming penalty appeals on the pitch.

There seems a sort of desperation to it and tbh, I'm not sure I saw a nailed-on penalty today.

But teams get given pens that aren't nailed on all the time. Hell we seen one against us at Hull this season.

On 05/01/2023 at 13:35, JackiDziekanowski said:

Updated to now include the penalty we got awarded the time before (Millwall away FA Cup 23rd Jan 2021 I think - Please let me know if I've got this wrong!). Obviously discounting the Forest Green penalty shoot-out....

https://bristolcitypenalty.co.uk/

Little quirk, today marked our 100th game in all competitions since that day at Millwall (I was actually there for Famara's penalty!).

This means we've now officially reached the 1 in 100 games mark (in a competition that hovers around 1 in 10 frequency for award).

And what better way to do it than with just the 3 shouts (Atkinson one looked nailed on to me, Semenyo less so but does on video).

Semenyos is as blatent as they come and a clear major error that VAR would change. Pawson pointed to the ball but the defender was no where near. Awful decision.

Atkinson was also a penalty but a little more subjective. Given the major error for the first most humans would definitely give that one following. 

My question is WTF is the crowd doing. Need to get right on the refs back but there is none of that these days

• Like 1