IGNORED

Nigel’s Agent

Silvio Dante

1 hour ago, spudski said:

Ive not read that before so thank you for putting the link up, shows some perspective as to what is going on behind the scenes.

There was a Leicester fan who comes on here from time to time and I remember him saying that many will question NP's tactics, player choice's and subs but it will all click at some point, I really hope it does here..

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, maxjak said:

Cannot agree.......cream always rises to the surface.  Pearson has only ended up putting the 3 of them in the first team due to circumstances, people need to get over the fact that NP is some kind of magician who has plucked  three players as if from nowhere to make them valuable stars?.  LJ did much more     by bringing through Bobby Reid, Joe Bryan and others, so why the ludicrous prejudice against him?   At this precise time, Semenyo and Scott's values are tumbling on a daily basis, due to Pearson's team selections and tactics   (Did u watch the WBA and Stoke games?)............Pearson should turn out the lights on his way out of the building IMO.    ?

Joe Bryan was a regular in the 1st team under Cotts so nothing to do with LJ that one 

• Like 10

2 minutes ago, M.D said:

Ive not read that before so thank you for putting the link up, shows some perspective as to what is going on behind the scenes.

There was a Leicester fan who comes on here from time to time and I remember him saying that many will question NP's tactics, player choice's and subs but it will all click at some point, I really hope it does here..

No worries at all. I thought some might not have seen it before, hence me posting it again.

It gives a good insight and some balance. 

He says his strengths are man management. Motivating people. 

He's clearly imo, doing a good job at creating a better culture at the club. 

And he does have a wealth of experience, plus some of the highest coaching credentials.

I really do want him to turn it around results wise and continue building for the next successor. 

I know fans are frustrated and fear relegation. 

It's understandable to vent spleen. Sadly in the football business, any manager that speaks ' out of turn' is condemned, even if the fans comments are 10 times worse. 

It is what it is. 

Fingers crossed we have an upturn in fortune.

I've even bet on us getting a penalty tonight :laugh: 

Knowing our luck we'd miss it ?

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, Bobbie said:

Lansdown has made plenty of mistakes over the years but to sack Pearson now would be the biggest of the lot. 

The bloke is sorting our club out from top to bottom. Let’s hope SL doesn’t listen to the brain dead sections of our fan base 

And there we have it: criticism of Nige belongs to the "brain dead fans". Well, us brain dead fans (including 60% of the 700 who voted on OTIB) perhaps have enough brain cells to see that we have a manager who has one of the worst records at BCFC and has not improved on field performances WHATSOEVER.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

Joe Bryan was a regular in the 1st team under Cotts so nothing to do with LJ that one 

Quite. Though I am one of what seems to be a minority who gives credits LJ for transforming Reid he did not go straight from the academy to the first team under him so comparison with Scott and Conway doesn't really work.

Plus it was reported that he was told to bring Semenyo back from loan

The one breakthrough was Kelly whose potential had been noticed in the game before he made his debut.

I suspect Tinnion would give a pretty blunt view as to how seriously previous managers took the academy!

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, chinapig said:

Quite. Though I am one of what seems to be a minority who gives credits LJ for transforming Reid he did not go straight from the academy to the first team under him so comparison with Scott and Conway doesn't really work.

Plus it was reported that he was told to bring Semenyo back from loan

The one breakthrough was Kelly whose potential had been noticed in the game before he made his debut.

I suspect Tinnion would give a pretty blunt view as to how seriously previous managers took the academy!

If my memory serves me correct it was SOD who first gave Bobby Reid and Bryan their opportunities in the first team.

Bryan then flourished under Cotts, Reid not as much but yes i am certainly with you on LJ transforming Reid. Many wanted him gone and I don’t think anyone myself included saw him making it here as a striker..

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

2 hours ago, cidercity1987 said:

It's a stain on the supporter base that this guy feels the need

Why can't we just support Pearson to finish the job he's been bought in to do

Agreed. The absolute desperation to sack him has gone way over the top, I'm surprised LJ lasted this long really considering the amount of losing runs he had.

The club is in a bit of a mess behind the scenes and that's because of past mistakes. Sacking him won't resolve anything and this antipathy towards NP caused mainly by our own fans is nothing short of pathetic.

• Like 7

10 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

And there we have it: criticism of Nige belongs to the "brain dead fans". Well, us brain dead fans (including 60% of the 700 who voted on OTIB) perhaps have enough brain cells to see that we have a manager who has one of the worst records at BCFC and has not improved on field performances WHATSOEVER.

I think performances have actually improved, at home especially. The question is have results necessarily reflected this? Jury is out.

Away from home yeah it's been harder. Wigan away for example though we drew we could easily have lost, Middlesbrough even more so chances and lack of the ball, even West Brom away we were great 1at half but had to absorb some pressure in the 2nd, they also hit woodwork twice.

However did we merit only one point from Sheffield United and Watford? Absolutely not- these were positive displays and luck was not on our side, between 4 and 6 would have been fair IMO.

The Stoke game was disappointing but even then, woodwork at 1-0. Score that and we may well win- draw at worst probably.

Even that said about Wigan away, Bennett should have been off, penalties denied at home in the 2 aforementioned November games, red card that should have been given to Norwood that never was. Could go on.

We deserved to lose Monday but let's say in one of our intermittent 1st half spells of pressure that WBA instead of hitting their own woodwork, score an own goal in that period, think they headed against their own bar. How does that change things? It might!

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I think performances have actually improved, at home especially. The question is have results necessarily reflected this? Jury is out.

Away from home yeah it's been harder. Wigan away for example though we drew we could easily have lost, Middlesbrough even more so chances and lack of the ball, even West Brom away we were great 1at half but had to absorb some pressure in the 2nd, they also hit woodwork twice.

However did we merit only one point from Sheffield United and Watford? Absolutely not- these were positive displays and luck was not on our side, between 4 and 6 would have been fair IMO.

The Stoke game was disappointing but even then, woodwork at 1-0. Score that and we may well win- draw at worst probably.

Even that said about Wigan away, Bennett should have been off, penalties denied at home in the 2 aforementioned November games, red card that should have been given to Norwood that never was. Could go on.

We deserved to lose Monday but let's say in one of our intermittent 1st half spells of pressure that WBA instead of hitting their own woodwork, score an own goal in that period, think they headed against their own bar. How does that change things? It might!

Football is the graveyard of what could have been or should have been.

1 hour ago, AppyDAZE said:

Imagine this bloke turns out not to be his agent.

This is definitely @Davefevs posing as his agent!

48 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Pretty desperate stuff. 

Not exactly like he's had a choice over wage bill reduction/FFP compliance. Plus most of that "work" will have been done by Gould and Marshall.

Agreed. Didn't have a choice re budget or introducing academy talent. That was his remit. You could argue it mitigates his lack of success however.

What he definitely should be judged on is our defensive capabilities, our team selections, player morale and in game tactical changes, among others. I think there has rightly been some criticism of these, but whether it constitutes a sackable offence I'm not quite convinced...yet!

Edited by mozo
  • Haha 2

Well. I never expected that!! 

So, if the value of the squad has increased, then this gives even more sway to my point in my other thread in that he should be doing better with this squad. 
If the squad is now worth more than when he took it on, why are we in a significantly worse position? 

• Hmmm 1

5 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Football is the graveyard of what could have been or should have been.

Point is that if (thinking at home mainly) performances are not so bad, results should turn in due course.

Something similar happened in his PL season at Leicester- the performances were often good, at home especially but they were often losing narrowly but then something clicked. Just clicked.

9 games, 22 pts and probably 2 goals a game and maybe more , can't remember without checking. If @Ostrich is still on here they may be able to add  bit of detail.

11 minutes ago, Harry said:

So, if the value of the squad has increased, then this gives even more sway to my point in my other thread in that he should be doing better with this squad. 
If the squad is now worth more than when he took it on, why are we in a significantly worse position? 

Higher value squad, top 10 wage budget and we're in danger of going down!!

• Like 2
  • Flames 5

3 hours ago, luke_bristol said:

Don’t think I’ve ever seen this from an agent before. Might be a desperate last roll of the dice from NP to stay on and hopefully get through to the summer and a chance to spend some money.

This is what we might regret if we sack him too soon. He’s signed some really promising free transfers. Imagine what he could do with a bit of coin.

9 minutes ago, mozo said:

Agreed. Didn't have a choice re budget or introducing academy talent. That was his remit. You could argue it mitigates his lack of success however.

As I pointed out earlier he had 3 experienced strikers at his disposal so was under no budgetary obligation to play Semenyo and especially Conway.

Promoting young players is indeed part of his remit but it was the same for previous managers who appear not to have been anywhere as engaged with the academy. As I'm sure Tinnion would confirm.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Harry said:

I think because he has developed our youth players but not necessarily that the squad has improved.

The likes of Scott, Semenyo and Conway have seen their values rise considerably under NP's guidance.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, spudski said:

What I ask myself...is...are the Agents posts consented by NP himself?

Or did the Agent take it upon himself to post the comments without consulting NP first?

Either way...it's an odd one.

If consented...you have to ask why? 

If not...I can imagine NP going bat shit crazy on him.

Maybe they’re both getting the sack

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, AshtonRobin21 said:

Is it possible that Nige has been given the vote of confidence by the board, to get through January at least, and the agents tweets are to encourage the fans to stay on-side?

No chance, if he’s given January and the responsibility/ ability to bring a couple in then he simply has to see out the season. 

If anyone is to come in and replace him (which I don’t think they will) it needs to be done ASAP to give them a chance to do what they want in January. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, maxjak said:

Increased Squad value?   If he is talking the monetary aspect?    Sorry, but that is most defeinitely NOT the case.

The results are poor and Nige bears responsibility for that but I’d ask who was of any value when he joined? He’s undoubtedly helped improve/ raise the value of Scott, semenyo (last season was his proper breakthrough season) Conway, Pring, Vyner (has improved massively this season), Weimann had his best season ever under Nige, and last season you could say Massengo though the contract situation put paid to that.

I’m in 2 minds as to whether nows the right time more due to no-one out there out of work appeals to me (if Critchley was still available I’d say yes)  but he does deserve credit for firstly giving a lot of our younger players a chance and improving them 

2 hours ago, Bris Red said:

Possibly, or is it because Nige has been in reality left with little choice but to play those 3 - the critic in me would probably lean more towards that way of thinking.
I’ve always said however it would have been intriguing to see what Pearson would have done with the war chest that was presented to LJ between 2017 and 2019. 

I think yes Scott was played ahead of Palmer last season and recently Weimann, semenyo over wells last season and Conway over Martin& Weimann. 

to be honest his signings haven't been brilliant imo the best has been Atkinson who he’s not playing or the resigning of Weimann whos playing out of position! genuinely don’t think there’d be much difference!

Something has to change very soon if things don't start to improve. The "changing the way the club is run" rebate is all well and good but if we don't start performing better on the pitch then we will be going down. 

If we go down we won't come back up. For a long time. And I don't know what other fans think, but I don't want to be watching league one (or worse!) Football for years to come. 

The 'project' is a massive one. So why not move Nigel upstairs to a DoF role to continue to re-jumbling of the club. Because perhaps the scale of this has detracted from what's going on on the pitch.

We're going to need new ideas very quickly, because the performances on the pitch are not to be celebrated, and they haven't been for a long long time. 

Firstly, stupid tweet by agent as per my response to it on Twitter.

2 hours ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Surely the credit for developing yoof at BCFC belongs elsewhere? The role Brian Tinnion has played has been invaluable. Ultimately, Nige has to agree to play them but their development/value didn't start the day they pulled on a first team shirt.

There are dozens,or more, young players whose value is enormous but have never played a League game- just look at the Prem academies. Look at some of the loans that are made for players who havent started a game for the parent club. As for loaning out our development players- surely this is a critical pathway for them?

And the bold bit is key.  It’s why Tins wasn’t happy with the previous regime(s). Gregor’s article during that period was dismissed on here as shit-stirring, but as he told me, had it been bullshit his press accreditation at City would’ve been removed. 

2 hours ago, chinapig said:

Of course but you have to have a manager who is prepared to play them as opposed to shifting them out on loan. It's only by playing them that their value increases. Though he doesn't pick them for the sake of it but because he thinks they are up to it.

As to loans Nigel has made it clear that players will only go out if it genuinely benefits their development. Under the previous regime it was routine regardless of whether it was beneficial.

The worst example for me was Pring who was shipped out again, ignoring Tinnion's view that he was ready for the first team squad.

Conway for instance benefited from training with the first team rather than being loaned out. We now seem to have got the balance right.

Indeed. I suspect Nige / Tins have got a few wrong too, but I sense they are working very well together. 

1 hour ago, The Bard said:

The squad is worth way more than when he joined. 

Virtually all our players were worthless when he joined as they were on contracts that were too generous, meaning they had little or zero transfer value. Famara may have cost £5 million but in February 21 he was worth zilch as was Paterson etc.  Likes of Wells and Kalas were more of a liability than anything of value.  

We now have a number of younger players who now have considerable value.  Semenyo, Scott and Conway.  Amazed you can't see that.

We also moved on Palmer and Nagy not just below their original fee, but below their actual asset value, creating an impairment. 

1 hour ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Pretty desperate stuff. 

Not exactly like he's had a choice over wage bill reduction/FFP compliance. Plus most of that "work" will have been done by Gould and Marshall.

Agreed, in terms of doing the “admin”, But as manager you have to be prepared to deal with the outcome of that. 

42 minutes ago, mozo said:

This is definitely @Davefevs posing as his agent!

What he definitely should be judged on is our defensive capabilities, our team selections, player morale and in game tactical changes, among others. I think there has rightly been some criticism of these, but whether it constitutes a sackable offence I'm not quite convinced...yet!

Haha. Poseur? Not me ???

• Haha 1