IGNORED

Player transfer out that effected you the most?

Major Isewater

Reid in 2018 and Webster in 2019 were both saddening. I think a City side with them both in would have had serious promotion potential but Reid peaked a season too soon from our perspective 

Edit oh and Eliasson was annoying as we should have developed him into a £10m sale but failed to do so

Edited by cidercity1987

Stefan Marinovic, just felt like we didn’t get a proper goodbye.

In all seriousness, I remember being devastated as a kid when Leroy Lita was sold. 

The Bolasie deal was extremely frustrating because you knew he didn’t get a proper opportunity, and then immediately looked brilliant for Palace. 

Luke Ayling was another, as he could have solved a problem position of ours for years and years.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, grifty said:

Wasn't John Ward poached by Wolves?

Ward was sacked I believe? Fell out with the board over Lennartson from what I understand

I was talking to a Birmingham fan mate about this very thing last week - I hadn't realised that the 2 in my lifetime I was bemoaning were the 2 ever ? (it is a bad thing to have a manager poached, but also a poor reflection on us that we've not been seen as successful enough to have a manager poached).

On topic, Goater was probably the most frustrating for me, especially given his success at Man City

I think most have been mentioned now, though not sure if anyone has mentioned Gerry Gow but he along with Mick Hartford and Andy Cole and a few others were either necessary or inevitable. 

Norman Hunter was a huge loss and was probably one of the main reasons we went down but his top flight days were sadly over by then.

In more recent times I think we really missed Bobby Reid in the season after he left.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Silvio Dante said:

I’m going to expand this and say that - although I agree with Bob Taylor as a player - the biggest “departure” for me was Big Joe on his first stint. Firstly, if he hangs around, Taylor probably doesn’t go shortly after.

Secondly, and more importantly, since I’ve been watching city it’s the only time a manager we had has been poached by another club. And we were on the up. We had a fantastic promotion side, augmented by signings such as Aizlewood in the summer, and were punching at the top end of the championship. Joe had turned down Villa who were an established top flight side and went to Hearts - bloody Hearts! as he saw it his route to the Scotland job.

If Joe hadn’t been poached, we’d have gone on and IMO gone up eventually. I think he regretted it and we certainly did.

Players leaving can upset you. Jordan leaving is the only example I can think of where an individual leaving fundamentally affected the direction of the club. So it has to be that.

Or Marvin Harriott. But probably Joe.

Agreed. Jordan leaving was a disaster that set us back decades, I'm not sure we've recovered (on the pitch) even now !

Selling Keith Curle to the mighty Reading peed me off a bit.

The regret list of players bought is a lot longer than the regret list of players sold ! 

7 minutes ago, Kingswood Robin said:

Agreed. Jordan leaving was a disaster that set us back decades, I'm not sure we've recovered (on the pitch) even now !

Selling Keith Curle to the mighty Reading peed me off a bit.

The regret list of players bought is a lot longer than the regret list of players sold ! 

I could be wrong, but I'm sure Portsmouth approached us (poached) to take (of all people) Tony Pulis? For @Silvio Dante

Edited by RedEd73

9 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

We all know that players move on but which one leaving effected you the most ? 
I was devastated when SuperBob got given away to West Brom. Our talisman had gone and for bugger all, £300,000 the Baggies had our trousers down. 

Same player for different reasons. He was my first favourite player. I wasn’t old enough to understand transfers but I do remember being gutted. I actually met him a few years back at some event underneath the dolman I think he told me Lumsden didn’t have much time for him so shipped him out. Got the impression he didn’t want to leave. He also told me he worked in construction after retiring. Great player, top bloke.

• Flames 1

7 hours ago, RedEd73 said:

I could be wrong, but I'm sure Portsmouth approached us (poached) to take (of all people) Tony Pulis? For @Silvio Dante

He was, and I’d shut that out of my mind. With Joe he was poached because he’d done well. With Pompey Pulis was poached for reasons I still can’t fathom, and the feelings when he left couldn’t be more opposite. Next game, away at Bournemouth, it felt like a giant weight had been lifted.

Edited by Silvio Dante
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

He was, and I’d shut that out of my mind. With Joe he was poached because he’d done well. With Pompey Pulis was poached for reasons I still can’t fathom, and the feelings when he left couldn’t be more opposite. Next game, away at Bournemouth, it felt like a giant weight had been lifted.

Yep. Horrendous football. Not sure if it was his last match but IIRC Wycombe at home, late in the game, score at 0-0 they were down to 10 and hanging on, and he takes off Tins and pops on another defender.....I vowed never to go to another match as long as he was in charge that night. Thankfully didn't have to wait too long.