IGNORED

Swansea City at home in the FA Cup match thread

4 minutes ago, CityFarAndWide said:

No pleasing some on here, if we lost there would of been a meltdown, we grinded out a replay and people still want to moan about it

I promise I take no pleasure in it - but injuries to Conway and Weimann when we’re in a relegation battle just to get us a third round replay against the Jacks? I can’t fathom how that’s a good day. A defeat and no injuries would’ve been absolutely fine, it’s just a cup we won’t win!

Edited by BCFCGav
  • Like 4
22 minutes ago, Rossi the Robin said:

Put them under pressure and they are very average and prone to mistakes  - what we were doing first half I don’t understand 

Maybe we were preserving energy but the passing was awful as well 

I would say it was a mixture of Swansea sitting back on their Laurels and it getting a bit scrappy suited us better . we only showed attacking intent/urgency  from  the 70th minute .  I think the 4-3-3 helped us stretch the play get weimann into the game , as we were so narrow 1st half and just no cohesion at all.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, BCFCGav said:

I promise I take no pleasure in it - but injuries to Conway and Weimann when we’re in a relation battle just to get us a third round replay against the Jacks? I can’t fathom how that’s a good day. A defeat and no injuries would’ve been absolutely fine, it’s just a cup we won’t win!

Depends on the manner of the defeat for games like this, I expect us to be competitive but yeah losing would be fine if we were competitive.

6 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

I promise I take no pleasure in it - but injuries to Conway and Weimann when we’re in a relegation battle just to get us a third round replay against the Jacks? I can’t fathom how that’s a good day. A defeat and no injuries would’ve been absolutely fine, it’s just a cup we won’t win!

Fair enough, I may disagree but I understand the rational behind your opinion, some on here just want to moan for the sake of moaning 

• Like 5

Well that 2nd half display has upset  few who could not wait to berate NP 

Although according to the bedwetters Semenyo only scored due to the keeper diving out the way, but fail to compliment the good pressure and build up and AS jumping, beating his man with a downward header.

Looked more likely to win in the end, also having now seen multiple angles replays very unlucky to to have had at least 1 penalty.

Could do without a replay and injuries are massive concern, but atleast keeps the boo boys quiet

• Like 7
7 minutes ago, spudski said:

How much better were we, when we went 433 after Sykes and Williams came on.

Changed formation...still played with width, and took control.

Been saying it for months we have the ability to play this formation.

So have I . Don’t get how Pearson keeps shoehorning us into 3 at the back saying it suits the players,  It doesn’t . Tanner & Pring are full backs . 433 suits us better imo 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
25 minutes ago, Ron W said:

Saying motivating a team isn't a part of football management would certainly be a new take.

That’s a bit simplistic though if you bother to think about it. Players don’t or shouldn’t be walking off the Coach at 11:15am this morning not giving a **** and waiting for Nige to tell them “we’ll fight them on the pavements”, “make sure you give these ******* Jack ***** a good hiding” etc. etc.

There is a large degree of self motivation involved in pro football.

• Like 3

Very good 2nd half again today after a shocker in the 1st , if we could just manage to put things together for 90 minutes we will win, when we are up for it we look a good team just need to have that passion from the start of the match, maybe make the warmup more high energy get them going,

4 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

So have I . Don’t get how Pearson keeps shoehorning us into 3 at the back saying it suits the players,  It doesn’t . Tanner & Pring are full backs . 433 suits us better imo 

Absolutely. Many have been saying go to a back four for a while. Many also said King isn’t a centre back so we just have to hope Pearson catches up soon on that one too!

Edited by And Its Smith
  • Like 2
3 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

That’s a bit simplistic though if you bother to think about it. Players don’t or shouldn’t be walking off the Coach at 11:15am this morning not giving a **** and waiting for Nige to tell them “we’ll fight them on the pavements”, “make sure you give these ******* Jack ***** a good hiding” etc. etc.

There is a large degree of self motivation involved in pro football.

Saying motivation is just about the team talk is definitely a simplification. Man management and trust are built on the training pitch and in the manager's office as much as on a match day. Then you need to build the right team too and have the right characters, but it's a definite balance.

Edited by Ron W
17 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

Bet that’s exactly how it would have been seen on here, thank goodness we lost, eh?

For me I take more comfort from us battling back from a terrible mistake & proving we’re their equal.

If we’d been awarded one of the numerous clear penalties we’d be through.

Whole week until we play again, Weimann has a lovely habit of being available, I wouldn’t write him off yet.

• Like 5
  • Flames 1
  • Robin 1
9 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Hopefully people noticed that playing 433, doesn't stop us playing with width. Both Pring and Sykes got wide and forward. It doesn't stop that threat. It just means adjusting who drops, covers etc

Edited by spudski
  • Like 3
Just now, GrahamC said:

Bet that’s exactly how it would have been seen on here, thank goodness we lost, eh?

For me I take more comfort from us battling back from a terrible mistake & proving we’re their equal.

If we’d been awarded one of the numerous clear penalties we’d be through.

Whole week until we play again, Weimann has a lovely habit of being available, I wouldn’t write him off yet.

I’m not sure how others would’ve reacted to a defeat - but I wrote on this thread yesterday I’d take a loss here for a league win. We know how much injuries can harm a team - and I’m pretty fearful for the remainder of this season.

As for penalties; that’s a lost cause I’m afraid! The club should make a compilation of not-givens since our last pen and post it on Twitter for a laugh. Tag the EFL and everything.

• Like 1