IGNORED

Swansea City at home in the FA Cup match thread

3 minutes ago, Ron W said:

Saying motivation is just about the team talk is definitely a simplification. Man management and trust are built on the training pitch and in the manager's office as much as on a match day. Then you need to build the right team too and have the right characters, but it's a definite balance.

Not saying motivation isn’t a “thing” but lack of motivation was not the reason Atkinson literally showed the technique of a Suburban League Division 7 player for their first goal. And if you think that is unfair you are correct, unfair to Division 7 players more like Division 9….

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, BigTone said:

Rewards for playing need to be more performance based with a basic wage. We'd all take a footballers wage for doing nowt any time.

I agree tone but they’re living the dream , literally . I can imagine the scenario now . Oh I got to get up early tomorrow , half 8 to go training at 10 for a hour & half . But what’s my motivation apart from the £60k I’m getting at the end of the month 

Oh I know, I’ll try to learn how to pass a ball 5 yards to team mate this week 

Edited by steviestevieneville
2 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Not saying motivation isn’t a “thing” but lack of motivation was not the reason Atkinson literally showed the technique of a Suburban League Division 7 player for their first goal. And if you think that is unfair you are correct, unfair to Division 7 players more like Division 9….

No it's not, that's not the point I was replying to but concentration and focus aren't totally unconnected from the manager's influence either.

21 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

I promise I take no pleasure in it - but injuries to Conway and Weimann when we’re in a relegation battle just to get us a third round replay against the Jacks? I can’t fathom how that’s a good day. A defeat and no injuries would’ve been absolutely fine, it’s just a cup we won’t win!

To be honest no one wants a replay but the way we got it means it is a good day if only because post West Brom we needed a positive performance to bring some reason to the situation especially at home 

First half was not great but O’Leary did not have save to make bar the goal which was an error, second half was much better went for it and honestly should have won , Pring was outstanding , the injuries looked like knocks rather than pulls so fingers crossed , also decent crowd in the end 12k plus given out as , and decent atmosphere in the second half 

By the way was ‘lucky’ enough to catch that miserable sod Ian on Radio Bristol , what is his problem ,what a tosser

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
27 minutes ago, BigTone said:

Rewards for playing need to be more performance based with a basic wage. We'd all take a footballers wage for doing nowt any time.

To be fair, I think most of us would take the rewards we were told we were getting when we bought season tickets and were going to be available last year!

(Guess I might have missed the announcement).

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

I agree tone but they’re living the dream , literally . I can imagine the scenario now . Oh I got to get up early tomorrow , half 8 to go training at 10 for a hour & half . But what’s my motivation apart from the £60k I’m getting at the end of the month 

I have posted before with such a small squad no fear of being dropped .With the out of contracts not selected . Only takes one injury to be back in the team

2nd half was much better. 1st half Swansea were clearly better, after HT we came back well.

Enjoyed the atmosphere too, felt in 2nd half a bit like Watford at home. Team playing well, crowd responding and a virtuous circle.

Third theme, as vs Stoke e.g. we had to work harder, build towards our goal much more than the opposition. What a gift that was, that trend is infuriating!

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 2
53 minutes ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

Well that 2nd half display has upset  few who could not wait to berate NP 

Although according to the bedwetters Semenyo only scored due to the keeper diving out the way, but fail to compliment the good pressure and build up and AS jumping, beating his man with a downward header.

Looked more likely to win in the end, also having now seen multiple angles replays very unlucky to to have had at least 1 penalty.

Could do without a replay and injuries are massive concern, but atleast keeps the boo boys quiet

Using their very own logic then surely Swansea only went ahead because of an error by us? 

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, AshtonRobin21 said:

Obviously not actual tears, but he seemed very down considering we managed to get back into the game and get a replay.

Quite frankly this is exactly what I want to see. But seems you're being a bit negative about it? 

We failed to win at home, every player should be very down. If they are not, then that's when I begin to worry! 

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

Swansea looked a better team, without creating anything or causing us problems. Apart from a give-away goal they didn't have a shot on target until about 80 minutes . We didn't really cause them problems until we changed shape , but if we were allowed Pens we could easily have nicked it. 

Hope Weimann is OK, forgot you could only use Subs in 3 spells and wondered why Pearson was telling him to go off. 
Probably a fair result, but I really want to see the 2/3 Pen shouts again. In real time I thought there were 2 decent Penalty appeals.

• Like 1
Just now, W-S-M Seagull said:

Using their very own logic then surely Swansea only went ahead because of an error by us? 

You would have thought so but, instead they blame NP for Atkinson's pass, but we only equalised as keeper could have saved it and did not.

They put a negative spin on anything to match their agenda, love it when we are losing just so they can say told you so, look how intelligent I must be.

1 minute ago, Magger1 said:

Most gutless weak bunch of underperforming tossers I’ve ever witnessed in my 50 odd years of watching city ,if their not playing for the manager then their not good enough , fans need something to follow and cheer and it ain’t that mincing 11 today 

Your being over the top, even in recent years, SOD Mciness eras far worse.

5 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

They forced the error.

They pressed Atkinson.

Their player had already started to close down Atkinson when Max chose to pass to him. He had his back to the player as well. 

A poor decision by Max and under pressure, a poor execution by Atkinson.

I don't put all the blame if any on Atkinson.

They were obviously asked to play this way against a Swansea team that excell at controlling the game in the opposition's half. That imo was a poor tactic by the management. 

We changed that idea. And performed better for it 

• Like 2
12 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Swansea looked a better team, without creating anything or causing us problems. Apart from a give-away goal they didn't have a shot on target until about 80 minutes . We didn't really cause them problems until we changed shape , but if we were allowed Pens we could easily have nicked it. 

Hope Weimann is OK, forgot you could only use Subs in 3 spells and wondered why Pearson was telling him to go off. 
Probably a fair result, but I really want to see the 2/3 Pen shouts again. In real time I thought there were 2 decent Penalty appeals.

Definitely a fair result -  1st half Swansea looked impressive, pleased with our response 2nd half, could have nicked it.

So many penalty shouts today. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, steviestevieneville said:

Well obviously it would be the free lunch also