IGNORED

Demonstration Saturday

Rocking Red Cyril

2 minutes ago, The Journalist said:

Some interesting messaging here. Does that mean if we sacked Nigel Pearson tomorrow we'd all have our club back and feel like fans instead of customers?

How dare some suggest sacking a manager that has won 26games out of 92 played and lost 43 hang your heads down

10 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

⬇️⬇️⬇️

Louie - it is about the way the club is being run, in so much as they haven’t sacked Pearson.

Last night’s SOTC someone tweeted (paraphrased) - we are 9 days into the window, we haven’t signed anyone, there’s no ambition, how can you expect fans to turn up if the club has no ambition.

it really shows an ignorance of the situation doesn’t it.

poor manager selection from the main man has got us into "the situation" we are in now imo, the plan of buying cheap/and academy players for money making and progress up this division seems to have got us.....no-where.

Selling our best assests will no doubt carry on though as soon as an offer comes in, then we can continue building...?

24 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

What really did for us in that Brentford (2019/20) game, they are/were a better side in any event and may well have won was Williams. I'm not one to scapegoat but he had quite a head start on Watkins but was badly outpaced. Last man...straight red. Goal down and man down to an excellent technical, possession well you're in big trouble. However an aging CB in a back 4 in a highish line is asking for trouble- worth looking at that again just how high up the pitch was he. Tactical failing?

Didn't he got sent off for something off the ball?

Edit: Was a yellow for something off the ball just before he took Watkins out.

Edited by DaveF

5 minutes ago, gl2 said:

How dare some suggest sacking a manager that has won 26games out of 92 played and lost 43 hang your heads down

Yeah, no problem with that. So that's what you're asking for? Just for the manager to be sacked? But what's that got to do with fans being customers? Or getting the club back? What else is it you actually want?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, gl2 said:

poor manager selection from the main man has got us into "the situation" we are in now imo, the plan of buying cheap/and academy players for money making and progress up this division seems to have got us.....no-where.

Selling our best assests will no doubt carry on though as soon as an offer comes in, then we can continue building...?

So how do we recruit and retain players when the previous regime was allowed to run up massive debts?

By all means replace the manager but the job spec is the same: keep us in the Championship while working with the CEO and others to continue to deliver millions more in cost savings on top of the £10m already achieved.

Obviously a doddle for the next man.

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, gl2 said:

On the other thread when I challenged you about the demonstration, you referred to in the context you were involved but did not reply, perhaps you could enlighten us all 

Is the change you want NP sacked?

What do you mean you want your club back and what change allows this?

Fans not customers, what do you want to change

Bring Pyros - how will that be received?

16 minutes ago, DaveF said:

Didn't he got sent off for something off the ball?

Edit: Was a yellow for something off the ball just before he took Watkins out.

Found that painful game online during Lockdown 1. The positioning  vs outcome was terrible but then an aging CB who had even before then according to fans of other clubs lost his pace somewhat in a back 4 can be a risky strategy. 

25 minutes ago, gl2 said:

Absolutely fine to suggest a manager is sacked but what is that to do with the message 1) fans not customers 2) we want our club back.  If you (are you part of the group?) want Pearson sacked, why not protest for exactly that?  If you want to choose the next manager, make SL an offer!!

selling our best assets goes slightly hand in hand with wasting money on players in the first place.  Getting £20m(ish) for Webster but sounding £25m plus on 17 players plus the wage bill increase is NOT executing SL’s strategy “well”.  If you recruit well, develop Academy, you have much more control over your assets.  You’ll never stop a PL team coming in and taking them off you until you get to a point where the team thinks it is genuinely close to reaching the PL itself.

⬆️⬆️⬆️

18 minutes ago, The Journalist said:

Yeah, no problem with that. So that's what you're asking for? Just for the manager to be sacked? But what's that got to do with fans being customers? Or getting the club back? What else is it you actually want?

Ah, you beat me to it.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

I've said before that the only thing that will make some fans understand the financial realities is a points deduction. And even then there'd still be a handful that refuse to see it.

Don't. There'd be too many "doing a Derby" and blaming the EFL for simply enforcing it's own rules. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Percy Pig said:

It really just boils down to a generation of post Thatcher idiots who believe they are entitled to whatever they like and any context that might slow or hinder progress is not just ignored but dismissed as fake news. As with all things, a societal phenomenon manifesting itself in sport culture. 

The irony being they are acting like disgruntled customers rather than supporters (there's a really big clue in the name)...

Nauseating. 

I’ve run out of likes, so in this case I’ll give a verbal one: well said, sir. Spot on and it boils my piss the way some fans perpetually want to have their cake and eat it. They’d moan even if we won the European Cup. 

10 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

I've said before that the only thing that will make some fans understand the financial realities is a points deduction. And even then there'd still be a handful that refuse to see it.

A very small number will simply refuse to see it and a larger number do not have the basic intellect to understand it. In old language they are a bit dimp. The comment about how can you expect fans to turn up when the club have not shown ambition by buying players 9 days into the window shows a complete lack of understanding of the club's situation..........the club they wish to "have back". Imagine handing the club "back" to someone as ignorant as that.........you may as well up sticks immediately and buy a Season Ticket down The Creek.

• Like 1
  • Flames 2

54 minutes ago, One Team said:

Quite a lot of fans haven’t clocked the constraints of FFP in all this either. 

And this should be the main issue. They should be protesting about how badly the club has been run.

The reason we have FFP constraints is because it's been badly badly managed.

1 minute ago, Selred said:

And this should be the main issue. They should be protesting about how badly the club has been run.

Badly run.........that's the responsibility of the bloke who should never be criticised because he pays for his own **** ups.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Selred said:

The problem is such a protest would be too late. The damage has been done thanks to Steve giving Ashton a free hand. Any protest now would be against the people trying to repair the damage. Which seems not very well thought through.

It's like having a builder make a mess of your house then suing the builder who fixed it.

• Like 7
  • Flames 3

Just now, chinapig said:

The problem is such a protest would be too late. The damage has been done thanks to Steve giving Ashton a free hand. Any protest now would be against the people trying to repair the damage. Which seems not very well thought through.

It's like having a builder make a mess of your house then suing the builder who fixed it.

Great analogy although some cant/wont get it.

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

⬇️⬇️⬇️

Last night’s SOTC someone tweeted (paraphrased) - we are 9 days into the window, we haven’t signed anyone, there’s no ambition, how can you expect fans to turn up if the club has no ambition.

it really shows an ignorance of the situation doesn’t it.

Football Manager has a lot to answer for

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

7 minutes ago, chinapig said:

The owner and chairman who oversaw the damage are still at the club though.

I am conscious a lot was due to Ashton, but he should of been managed far better, and never been allowed to get us into the state we are.

27 minutes ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

On the other thread when I challenged you about the demonstration, you referred to in the context you were involved but did not reply, perhaps you could enlighten us all 

Is the change you want NP sacked?

What do you mean you want your club back and what change allows this?

Fans not customers, what do you want to change

Bring Pyros - how will that be received?

14 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

⬆️⬆️⬆️

Ah, you beat me to it.

Let me clear things up;

• I am not part of any group/protest in fact I dont actually go anymore, not since The Eastend got chopped (mainly because of poor health and much prefer the ground as it was)
  • I do watch as many/live streamed games, (including the last one) as possible and see all highlights and goals.
  • Over 50years of attendance to many away and most home games I think have entitled me to my views on this my one and only club. Sorry if they are negative but they are just my views.
  • If NP was sacked tomorrow cant see it would make much difference as SL`s selection of managers hasnt been great. Will be close to the bottom 3 this season whatever and as posted...many times his record here isnt great to date.
  • So here we are just where I found this club in the 2nd tier, back in 67 went up a bit for a very short visit but mostly around where we are now.
  • Your views like others are also just your views, where we go from here who knows prob still around this div in the next 50yrs I for one wont be here to see although a few on here will be no doubt. :city:

5 minutes ago, The Journalist said:

But the club is up for sale, isn't it? What else can he do at this point?

Just to add, I'm not the one protesting. But if I were, it would be against the Owner / Owner's Son and the way the club has been managed. Less so vs Pearson (but I'd not be upset if he went).

We are where we are (FFP issues) due to Lansdown. He owns the club, the buck stops with him.

I think he's done great things, infrastructure wise brilliant. Running a club, less so. The new CEO does look a good hire, finally a football person with experience in the role. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Selred said:

The owner and chairman who oversaw the damage are still at the club though.

I am conscious a lot was due to Ashton, but he should of been managed far better, and never been allowed to get us into the state we are.

Sure it's Steve's responsibility but he is not accountable to anybody. Apart from his annual performance review with Maggie perhaps.?

As I said he gave Ashton a free hand, which makes the same point as you are making. Sacking Nigel, which seems to be the thrust of this demo, does nothing to change Steve's past errors. Nor does it help to fix the damage.

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, Percy Pig said:

It really just boils down to a generation of post Thatcher idiots who believe they are entitled to whatever they like and any context that might slow or hinder progress is not just ignored but dismissed as fake news. As with all things, a societal phenomenon manifesting itself in sport culture. 

The irony being they are acting like disgruntled customers rather than supporters (there's a really big clue in the name)...

Nauseating. 

I don't think many of them can remember us struggling to get out of League 1 year after year and being bottom of the league under SOD. These kids have the luxury of watching us in the 2nd tier which many of our fanbase did not get to witness often during the 1980s and 2000s.

Struggling in the Championship is the norm for our club

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, chinapig said:

Sure it's Steve's responsibility but he is not accountable to anybody. Apart from his annual performance review with Maggie perhaps.?

As I said he gave Ashton a free hand, which makes the same point as you are making. Sacking Nigel, which seems to be the thrust of this demo, does nothing to change Steve's past errors. Nor does it help to fix the damage.

"Not accountable to anybody" is a poor way to run a business. And especially a football club.

Yes he owns the club, but I and many many others including yourself have emotional investments into the club. I think he is accountable to that.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Selred said:

"Not accountable to anybody" is a poor way to run a business. And especially a football club.

Yes he owns the club, but I and many many others including yourself have emotional investments into the club. I think he is accountable to that.

I agree. But he doesn’t give two shits about that.   It’s been evident for years - ever since the ‘my club’ comment. And unfortunately that’s all that matters.    And until such time that he does something terrible against the club there is no point in protesting as really it’s just where football is as a whole.  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, lenred said:

I agree. But he doesn’t give two shits about that.   It’s been evident for years - ever since the ‘my club’ comment. And unfortunately that’s all that matters.    And until such time that he does something terrible against the club there is no point in protesting as really it’s just where football is as a whole.  

Indeed, I lost a lot if not all respect for him in that infamous Twentyman interview.

• Like 6