IGNORED

Demonstration Saturday

Rocking Red Cyril

15 hours ago, Tafkarmlf said:

I'm really not getting the backlash to the protest. If people wanna do that then that's fine  Their prerogative .

Maybe I've missed something obvious, but hey ho

48 minutes ago, johnheadbcfc said:

I agree , if you don't agree with it just continue your normal match day routine.

No, no. Otib (Oldish, tired, irritable, blokes) demands to be told what exactly this protest is for, and will not give its approval unless or until more detail is forthcoming, than hitherto thus far ...

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Bristol Oil Services said:

No, no. Otib (Oldish, tired, irritable, blokes) demands to be told what exactly this protest is for, and will not give its approval unless or until more detail is forthcoming, than hitherto thus far ...

It would be nice to understand what it's all about TBH. There has been no info forthcoming in order to garnish the support of most supporters.

Be upfront. Explaining their gripes would be a good starting point. Could just as easily be a bunch of SAGS stirring the pot.

Edited by BigTone

6 minutes ago, Oh Louie louie said:

Witnessed three relegations from this leauge in my Lifetime two of them were due to cutting corners, for all the off the field benefits, which I don't care about, to continue in this vein next year is insane, whoever is in manager,

The problem is we have no choice. You talk of cutting corners vs off field benefits, not pursuing the off field benefits in this instance factors in avoiding an embargo and or points deduction.

Which would certainly push us closer to League One if we fell foul.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, lenred said:

Can’t believe you think there is one as it’s not been on the OS! 

I saw it on here - the club are hardly going to announce a demonstration so say ‘organised’ by a few otib users.

The whole proposal is completely ludicrous.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

I saw it on here - the club are hardly going to announce a demonstration so say ‘organised’ by a few otib users.

The whole proposal is completely ludicrous.

It was a poor attempt at humour RR.  

Agree completely.   Although it’s not being organised by anyone on OTIB afaik. 

24 minutes ago, Oh Louie louie said:

Witnessed three relegations from this leauge in my Lifetime two of them were due to cutting corners, for all the off the field benefits, which I don't care about, to continue in this vein next year is insane, whoever is in manager,

Being ignorant of or not interested in our finances and the implications of FFP doesn't mean you can just wish it all away and magically increase the budget Nigel has available.

As to next summer with contracts expiring and players either leaving or re-signing on lower wages (and with reduced amortization costs) we should have scope to make signings. More so if we sell somebody for big money of course.

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, Oh Louie louie said:

A business can't be neglected like this three years on the bounce Mr pop

Thats what we are a business 

Business neglected is an interesting term Louie. Right now I would say we are managing the scenario as best we can but neglected is a good word.

The 3-5 years of expenditure and a risky business model not being reined in by either Lansdown? That IS neglect, absolute negligence really. That past lack of oversight has helped to put us where we are today.

I think we will stay up if injuries are relatively kind to us, and who knows we might be able to get one or two in.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

The people who Keep saying I'm ignorant of ffp, I suggest you look at what Steve Lansdown knows, as china admits the only way out is to sell the family silver,  well Steve must make me look like Einstein then! As for the contracts, again what a mess, theres taking your eye of the ball, and there's neglect. This is not a division that suffers fools,

• Confused 2

22 minutes ago, Oh Louie louie said:

The people who Keep saying I'm ignorant of ffp, I suggest you look at what Steve Lansdown knows, as china admits the only way out is to sell the family silver,  well Steve must make me look like Einstein then! As for the contracts, again what a mess, theres taking your eye of the ball, and there's neglect. This is not a division that suffers fools,

Let's say you are right, and that what happened in the previous 3-5 years was neglect and not a failed attempt to get us into the Premier League, what do you think "getting our club back" is going to achieve or do differently in the next 3-5 years?

What would they do?

How will they do it?

Is there a plan?

It's all pie in the sky at the moment and also ignores the fact that the ground work for improvement is being laid by Pearson and Gould already.

• Like 3

Tbh port I don't know what the protests plans are, I did ask for someone to come on and clarify. I was pacificy talking about the last two years, which could only be described as dogfights, not failed promotion attempts, signing lower leauge players who can't pass the ball six yards, as demonstrated on Sunday, if anyone thinks we can survive five years doing this at this level, not a chance, 

49 minutes ago, Tomo said:

A demonstration ? 

As we face the toughest financial situation since 82, people want to protest? 

It's hilarious. 

Those considering this, please do us all a favour and just turn up and support 'your club' on Saturday rather than putting our club through an embarrassing local media news story. 

For those wanting our club back, you've never lost it. It's in your veins so crack on and create an atmosphere of support, not a meaningless rant about 'customers'.... Bristol City is in our blood but ultimately we are  customers as we pay for the privilege of supporting our club. 

?

Will always turn up but is it wrong to try to have a voice of displeasure when you travel up and down the country to totally inept performances, or should we all just turn up grinning from ear to ear while getting pummeled by Lincoln?

Not saying I agree with a protest but it does annoy me when people just bleat on about positivity, Good performances create positivity.

• Like 3

On 10/01/2023 at 22:54, Magger1 said:

I don’t believe this will be of much use unless it’s a LARGE march and I’m talking a thousand or so , then someone may sit up and take notice but however many there is join with the move to E34 sat and show some togetherness and get behind the team we support ?

Get behind the team 100% 

I don’t see the point in any demonstration , especially as it seem the majority of people protesting hasn’t got the full grasp of where the club is financially at the moment .

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Percy Pig said:

If it takes good performances to create positivity you are, quite literally, a customer. 

Performances have been for the most part significantly better despite the myriad of challenges we have faced post covid. But its actually results rather than performances that seem to matter. Again, customers.

Lincoln was a dark day for this club. Not because we lost in a meaningless cup game with a young and inexperienced side. No, because our fans booed a 20 year old kid on his home debut because he made two mistakes in 20 minutes that got punished. In 25 years of going to Ashton Gate I've never felt more ashamed and downbeat about what the terrace culture at my club has become. So you know. Perhaps the mirror is good place for us all to start? 

Nail on the head. The sense of entitlement from some of our so called supporters is ridiculous.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Oh Louie louie said:

Tbh port I don't know what the protests plans are, I did ask for someone to come on and clarify. I was pacificy talking about the last two years, which could only be described as dogfights, not failed promotion attempts, signing lower leauge players who can't pass the ball six yards, as demonstrated on Sunday, if anyone thinks we can survive five years doing this at this level, not a chance, 

I think picking out individual errors in one game to prove a point is an easy argument to make. We could buy a player from a higher league (and have done) that would make the same mistake Atkinson made on Sunday. 

A better argument would be if you could point to the multiple other errors he has made (good luck) or show that his whole performance was poor (definitely not the case).

I thought the worst passing performance was from Naismith, a player from our own league who we probably spent a lot on in terms of signing on fees and wages.

Even allowing for that, it still doesn't explain how people think we can find these higher league players, buy them, pay them, and still not break the FFP rules.

14 minutes ago, Percy Pig said:

If it takes good performances to create positivity you are, quite literally, a customer. 

Performances have been for the most part significantly better despite the myriad of challenges we have faced post covid. But its actually results rather than performances that seem to matter. Again, customers.

Lincoln was a dark day for this club. Not because we lost in a meaningless cup game with a young and inexperienced side. No, because our fans booed a 20 year old kid on his home debut because he made two mistakes in 20 minutes that got punished. In 25 years of going to Ashton Gate I've never felt more ashamed and downbeat about what the terrace culture at my club has become. So you know. Perhaps the mirror is good place for us all to start? 

Every single one of us is a customer. 

As for Lowes debut, it was uncalled for.

Some on here don't travel to the utter hellholes of hulls and Prestons but think your in the wrong for voicing displeasure when this club is slipping back to a league where rovers are playing ffs! 

Supporters positive or negative are all customers 

1 hour ago, Oh Louie louie said:

The first question you have to ask is why the last two years have been like this?  You need to look at underlying cause not current symptom.

I agree we can’t survive doing “this” for five years.  But don’t you think “we” are trying to do something about it, at least on the football side so that we start to move forward?  Because I think we are / have.  It’s called a rebuild, it takes time, it’s quite painful at times.  A transfer window is when the reality hits for fans.  Other team’s strengthening their squads, ours looking weaker through transfer speculation and / injuries.

It is quite possible we sit here on 1st Feb with no new players!  That’s pretty crap. But what can we do about it if there’s no money?  For me it’s get behind the team, try to create an atmosphere that helps our players, put off the opposition, not the other way around.  It might make a difference.

Do you think “welcoming the players off the bus” whilst shouting #pearsonout is gonna help the players, because that is the underlying message of Forzaeastenders protest, that they want the manager out and it’s the owners that control that.

• Like 14
  • Flames 2

2 hours ago, Oh Louie louie said:

First of all you don't have to be ignorant of FFP, the regulations are on the EFL website if you want to inform yourself. There are people better qualified than me on here who can clarify anything you are not sure of.

As to selling the family silver that is inevitable for almost all Championship clubs regardless of FFP. You are not going to hold on to an exceptional talent like Scott for years, sooner or later he will go. If you are going to attract youngsters to the Academy they need to know that they have a chance of progressing to a higher level.

Many of us share your anger at how the club was managed in the recent past and lay the ultimate blame at Steve's door but we also understand that what is happening on the pitch now is a consequence of what has to be done to repair the damage.

I don't see any alternative solution. Do you?

• Like 7
  • Robin 1

This is what I found when searching for definition of a ‘fan’:-

A fan, aficionado, or supporter is someone who has an intense, occasionally overwhelming liking and enthusiasm for a sporting club, person, group of persons, or trend. Fans constitute a fanbase or fandom. They often show their enthusiasm by starting a club, blogging, or promoting the object of their interest. 

How exactly is the club treating these people to stop them being fans (other than not winning enough games to increase the enthusiasm bit!) ?

Are these same people fans of KFC or McD’s or are they customers - how can we spot them in the crowd on a match day?

They’re just going to make themselves - and the club they allege to love, look very embarrassing. 

• Like 1