IGNORED

Demonstration Saturday

Rocking Red Cyril

1 hour ago, chinapig said:

This nonsense showed up on the Coventry match day thread. Apparently they think the club belongs to them. I assume Steve has accepted their offer then.

Reminds me if when the crusties used to chant "Whose streets...our streets" even though none of them had ever paid Road tax! 

• Flames 1

1 hour ago, Ivorguy said:

Nige won’t be bothered!

Yep. He’s been booed at bigger stadiums than ours. 

Wonder if there might be bedsheets with “Pearson Out Midget” written on them. 
Or the even better one “Lansdown Get Yer Nigel Out” 

• Haha 8

Rather than these demonstrators, the next 4 or 5 games will dictate Pearson's future. 

If we underperform and drop into the relegation zone, I think he will be sacked. But if we win a few and climb up the table to relative safety, his job will be secured. 

As a City fan wanting us to do well, I hope it's the latter.

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, Harry said:

Yep. He’s been booed at bigger stadiums than ours. 

Wonder if there might be bedsheets with “Pearson Out Midget” written on them. 
Or the even better one “Lansdown Get Yer Nigel Out” 

'Poison taller than average height person.

• Like 1

Until i read this I forgot how toxic it got with LJ and SL, i started watching 98/99 but can't remember it being anywhere near as bad. I always thought up until that point we were too lenient on managers but I guess with the time we gave him compared to what other clubs would its no wonder.

With reference to LJs tenure I remember Wigan away i think it was where there was over 1k of us there and some lads chanting "Johnsons S*** bounce around the ground, bounce around the ground ?Got loads of laughs.

Edited by Kodjias Wrist

1 hour ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Until i read this I forgot how toxic it got with LJ and SL, i started watching 98/99 but can't remember it being anywhere near as bad. I always thought up until that point we were too lenient on managers but I guess with the time we gave him compared to what other clubs would its no wonder.

With reference to LJs tenure I remember Wigan away i think it was where there was over 1k of us there and some lads chanting "Johnsons S*** bounce around the ground, bounce around the ground ?Got loads of laughs.

…..and then there was Fulham away when everyone was singing his theme tune from the heart.

We had some very good times with LJ at the helm.

9 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

It seems unnecessary, the two away performances were a decent reaction as was the 2nd half v Swansea.

Our ambitions for the season realistically are staying up, continuing to cut the wage bill and if we have to sell in January getting as good a price as possible and reinvesting as much as FFP will allow.

That is about it.

Clearly results need to improve but performances at home anyway have been mostly alright IMO.  Where we have let ourselves down is our tendency to concede the odd appalling goal. 2 v Stoke were terrible, less said about the error yesterday the better. West Brom opener, oh they took it well but Vyner was badly off the pace!

Seem to recall Millwall winner was very weak to concede not that we necessarily deserved anything. We have to make opposition goals hard earned however.

Wouldn't be bothered if Nige left, but agree stay up and reduce the wage bill was the way I saw this year too...only concern for me is there a lot of decisions and reshaping to be done for next season ..is Nige the man to make them..

1 hour ago, weepywall said:

From what I've seen about it, it's not against Pearson.

58 minutes ago, Oh Louie louie said:

Maybe someone from the demonstration could post what its about, to get a balanced view 

Despite my reticence to give this any oxygen, I believe it is this. Organised by an Instagram account with some 347 followers they list multiple vague and directionless complaints including:

"We need change"

"We want our club back"

"Fans not customers"

Finally the hashtag in the comment is #PearsonOut which very much suggests that ultimately it is completely to do with Pearson.

In my opinion we are struggling in the league, in the balance book, and when that happens fans get strained. But we're a very, very long way from marching to "get our club back" - whatever that really means.

Screenshot_20230110-072124.png

• Haha 6

12 hours ago, Rocking Red Cyril said:

I do not know how accurate this information is. But I heard off a fellow red today. That there is a demonstration against Nigel Pearson planned for Saturday's game.

Strikes me as not needed and crazy. We need to show unity at present.

Didn’t happen under LJ despite his regular run of defeats.

• Hmmm 1

4 minutes ago, Percy Pig said:

Every time I see it I can't help but laugh. "Fans not customers" but they're acting like a bunch of Karen's at the supermarket customer service desk, pissed that the pineapple cottage cheese is out of stock whilst the rest of the general public have their trolleys full of ASDA yellow brand products trying to survive in a changed world. 

Deluded, lily livered cowards. Not the people we need in a fight, that's for sure. 

I wonder if they've already exhausted all other means of making their point? Presumably they've already written to the club, emailed Gould, contacted the SC&T to see if they can use that channel of communication, written to the club's lawyers, maybe delivered a petition or manifesto detailing the changes they'd like to see...or have they just gone straight to the march?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Percy Pig said:

Every time I see it I can't help but laugh. "Fans not customers" but they're acting like a bunch of Karen's at the supermarket customer service desk, pissed that the pineapple cottage cheese is out of stock whilst the rest of the general public have their trolleys full of ASDA yellow brand products trying to survive in a changed world. 

Deluded, lily livered cowards. Not the people we need in a fight, that's for sure. 

What action do you think that people who are unhappy with the way the club is being run should take?

Stop going or hold a peaceful protest?

I'd have thought that the club owners might prefer the latter.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Despite my reticence to give this any oxygen, I believe it is this. Organised by an Instagram account with some 347 followers they list multiple vague and directionless complaints including:

"We need change"

"We want our club back"

"Fans not customers"

Finally the hashtag in the comment is #PearsonOut which very much suggests that ultimately it is completely to do with Pearson.

In my opinion we are struggling in the league, in the balance book, and when that happens fans get strained. But we're a very, very long way from marching to "get our club back" - whatever that really means.

Sounds like a bunch of kids desperate for Flag Day MK2. Interesting to see the OSIB pod support it.  

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

"We need change"

"We want our club back"

"Fans not customers"

These are the same "fans" who disappear into the concourse on 35 minutes every game, and if we are losing, dont come back.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

What action do you think that people who are unhappy with the way the club is being run should take?

Stop going or hold a peaceful protest?

I'd have thought that the club owners might prefer the latter.

I just cannot understand how anyone could be unhappy with the way the club is run? 

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 1

1 hour ago, ExiledAjax said:

"We need change"

"We want our club back"

"Fans not customers"

"BRING PYROS" (sigh

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I just cannot understand how anyone could be unhappy with the way the club is run? 

Really?

I'm not personally unhappy and would still vote "Pearson in" but there are many reasons for being unhappy with the way the club has been and is being run and people are entitled to express their displeasure.

That the Lansdown family has covered the losses and regularly writes off the debt to themselves by converting it  equity is laudable but that doesn't make the question of where, and to what reward, all of that money has been spent go away.

The new infrastructure is great but the return in terms of the performance on the pitch, compared to the many tens of millions expended, subsequent to the Cotts' promotion season is very questionable indeed.

• Like 6