IGNORED

Alleged takeover chat

Ska Junkie

6 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Trust me I have no news or even speculation.

We have been drifting and especially post NP. A takeover can be good..Hull looks fun. A fun club to follow right now.

https://www.thehullstory.com/allarticles/acun-ilicali-first-two-years

He also has the right idea- cheaper tickets, Home fans behind both goals with Away fans more at the side and I dunno the two kinda feed off each other.

Our ownership has just lost it I'm afraid.

Financially it could go South but it looks like a club going places. Excitement, some big ticket signings and quite fan-centred.

Cheaper tickets, doubling the wage bill and what are likely some expensive loan signings which I imagine won’t just be this season, if they don’t go up in a couple of seasons they could be in trouble 

2 hours ago, Lrrr said:

Cheaper tickets, doubling the wage bill and what are likely some expensive loan signings which I imagine won’t just be this season, if they don’t go up in a couple of seasons they could be in trouble 

Risk and reward

Exactly everything we are not!

All have to go!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Lrrr said:

Possibly they will sell some if required..

I'm not advocating we double the wage bill fwiw, me of all people but I quite like a lot of what he is going at

We could do a lot more on the fan and encouraging the atmosphere and giving ourselves a better chance at Home.

We could spend a bit more building on a solid base.

We could also have chosen an excellent builder and his team last October.

A new owner or Investor might give us some of this fresh energy, ideas. Cheaper tickets were required as the fans and club had fallen out to a major level.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

5 minutes ago, Rule The Waves said:

There is a lot to like about the Lansdowns on paper, but their biggest flaw is that they run the club like a total echo chamber.

The “board of directors” (if we even have one other than the Lansdown family!) is a hand-picked bunch of yes-people who have made it to their respective positions due to being willing to play along with the Merry Lansdown Tune.

There is nobody who in anything resembling a position of seniority who is willing to call “The Family” out when they are wrong, or challenge the status quo.

If you look at our past ownership structures we have had Directors / Investors (Keith Dawe, Scott Davidson, John Laycock, Ernie Arathoon, even Colin Sexstone) who had been successful in their own industries in their own rights, and would put the success of the club before self-interest and create a healthy level of challenge at board level.

What we have now is an echo chamber, where what Steve or Jon say goes, regardless of how ridiculous it is.

It’s an unhealthy environment, one that has run its course, and which needs to change to allow us to jump off the slow, boring treadmill we currently find ourselves on.

I couldn't of put that better myself especially your last paragraph what I like to know is why are people so reluctant to call the family out? It bugs me that they are above criticism.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Rule The Waves said:

There is a lot to like about the Lansdowns on paper, but their biggest flaw is that they run the club like a total echo chamber.

The “board of directors” (if we even have one other than the Lansdown family!) is a hand-picked bunch of yes-people who have made it to their respective positions due to being willing to play along with the Merry Lansdown Tune.

There is nobody who in anything resembling a position of seniority who is willing to call “The Family” out when they are wrong, or challenge the status quo.

If you look at our past ownership structures we have had Directors / Investors (Keith Dawe, Scott Davidson, John Laycock, Ernie Arathoon, even Colin Sexstone) who had been successful in their own industries in their own rights, and would put the success of the club before self-interest and create a healthy level of challenge at board level.

What we have now is an echo chamber, where what Steve or Jon say goes, regardless of how ridiculous it is.

It’s an unhealthy environment, one that has run its course, and which needs to change to allow us to jump off the slow, boring treadmill we currently find ourselves on.

Gould was excellent I thought, seemed to be a good buffer as well between NP and the board.

Gould as CEO

NP and his team football wise

Tinnion in Youth...

...Jon Lansdown away from the levers of power.

Yep a good foundation on which to build but with them ideally.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Gould was excellent I thought, seemed to be a good buffer as well between NP and the board.

We were better off by far with Nige, Gould, Tins doing the academy stuff, and Jon sharpening his crayons. 

What a shit show now.  I wonder if Scot Davidson fancies another crack at it?

• Like 2

11 hours ago, frenchred said:

Risk and reward

Exactly everything we are not!

All have to go!

That WAS us, when we allowed Ashton to play player roulette and have random punts of players like Engvall 1.2mil, 4 games. Signing Szmodics when either LJ didn't fancy him as a player, or he was just too similar to other players we already had.

4 minutes ago, marmite said:

We were better off by far with Nige, Gould, Tins doing the academy stuff, and Jon sharpening his crayons. 

What a shit show now.  I wonder if Scot Davidson fancies another crack at it?

Never say never ...... Sort of!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

That WAS us, when we allowed Ashton to play player roulette and have random punts of players like Engvall 1.2mil, 4 games. Signing Szmodics when either LJ didn't fancy him as a player, or he was just too similar to other players we already had.

Looking at how szmodics and even Ashton are doing now I'd trade!

16 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

The cheap ticket prices though I can get behind that. As well as moving towards Home Fans behind both goals.

One of his first acts as owner was to charge for certain games.. 

*£2 for Under 16

*£2 for Pensioners

*£2 for ST Holders to bring a friend

That gets people in. Particularly a disengaged fanbase as Hull was.

Monthly season ticket prices. Albeit Hull has less wealth than Bristol and the surrounding area.

Screenshot_20240324-201547_Chrome.thumb.jpg.64561bb5dda9dc7aa73893e1cb31aa30.jpg

On pitch Hull have done it in a significantly better way. Carvalho, Delap, Omur, Philogene, Tufan..perm a few from those and probably more I've forgotten. We had some of it but some wastage too.

Sometimes you need that spark to improve both the team and profile of the side and the fan experience.

55 minutes ago, marmite said:

Hmmmm. Have you had a whisper about Scott Davidson coming back on board?  He had a passion for the club rather than the money.

Would he have the funds? Football is a bigger beast from when he was last involved.

• Like 1

On 03/02/2023 at 13:17, BCFCinNW6 said:

Yeah but both are football loving cities. Bristol is most definitely not unfortunately.  

Our trendy set have moved to Rugger where they can take their beer to their seat compare tweed caps and Barbour jackets with your mate and feel that you are just a bit better than those football people.

23 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Possibly they will sell some if required..

I'm not advocating we double the wage bill fwiw, me of all people but I quite like a lot of what he is going at

We could do a lot more on the fan and encouraging the atmosphere and giving ourselves a better chance at Home.

We could spend a bit more building on a solid base.

We could also have chosen an excellent builder and his team last October.

A new owner or Investor might give us some of this fresh energy, ideas. Cheaper tickets were required as the fans and club had fallen out to a major level.

Why don't we play exciting front foot football to increase attendances. Just a thought 🫢

13 minutes ago, Clutton Caveman said:

Our trendy set have moved to Rugger where they can take their beer to their seat compare tweed caps and Barbour jackets with your mate and feel that you are just a bit better than those football people.

Sounds quite pleasant actually...

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

The Szcmodics signing was fine. It was the idiotic decision to spend £4 million or so on Palmer a few days later, that made no sense.

• Like 6

16 hours ago, Rule The Waves said:

Bingo. Superbly put.

15 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Gould as CEO

NP and his team football wise

Tinnion in Youth...

...Jon Lansdown away from the levers of power.

Yep a good foundation on which to build but with them ideally.

This is one of the most annoying things, we almost had it, and not even that long ago! That set up should have been the foundation to push on. When Gould left for the ECB (not a problem with that, he loves his cricket, not sure anyone with that level of interest in a sport would turn down the ECB), we even appointed an equally experienced CEO in his place in Phil Alexander! And it then went tits up. Alexanders leaving was always a bit weird, can only surmise Lansdown started meddling where he shouldn't and Alexander, understandably, didn't like it?

Anyway, we are where we are but you get the feeling something has got to give.

• Like 5