IGNORED

Nikita Haikin - Confirmed

James54De

5 minutes ago, Negan said:

Did he play against arsenal in the Europa? Or any of the group games for that matter? Bloody good free signing if so. 

Played in the away game. Also the home game

Edited by Super

Very interesting turn of events. Seems to good to be true, but having confirmation that the source is usually fairly reliable.....

Makes sense with Bentley supposedly talking to Wolves.

1 minute ago, Percy Pig said:

Over thinking it. 

He's Israeli too, can't be held accountable for the crimes of any of his 3 nationalities.

Looks an interesting player. Not one for claiming crosses by the looks of the videos I've just watched. Could be an issue in this league and with our tiny team.

Nice to see us tapping into the foreign market though. Maybe he's the next Kasper 

Ah I was hoping crosses would be a strength. Be much better for my nerves if we had a keeper who was box-dominant!

Just now, Percy Pig said:

Over thinking it. 

He's Israeli too, can't be held accountable for the crimes of any of his 3 nationalities.

Looks an interesting player. Not one for claiming crosses by the looks of the videos I've just watched. Could be an issue in this league and with our tiny team.

Nice to see us tapping into the foreign market though. Maybe he's the next Kasper 

Apparently his uncle is an Iranian morality policeman, his sister is a soldier for Wagner and his Grandmother was Hermann Goering.

I'm fine with that so long as he's not related to any estate agents...

• Haha 9

33 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

Has represented Russia internationally but without a cap at first-team level so far as I can tell. Bit uncomfortable time to sign a Russian international, capped or not? Or am I overthinking it?

The Athletic has an article on him where he apparently put a message in his goal before a game in Norway saying he was “for peace”, so I don’t think he’s going to be getting another international call up for Russia any time soon.

He was only ever in a provisional squad of 41 anyway.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

Has represented Russia internationally but without a cap at first-team level so far as I can tell. Bit uncomfortable time to sign a Russian international, capped or not? Or am I overthinking it?

He's a Russian/Israeli/British hybrid. Between those three nations, pretty much always an uncomfortable time to sign him!

Just now, GrahamC said:

The Athletic has an article on him where he apparently put a message in his goal before a game in Norway saying he was “for peace”, so I don’t think he’s going to be getting another international call up for Russia any time soon.

He was only ever in a provisional squad of 41 anyway.

There we go. I really sympathise with the majority of Russian people. Very few of them want this and we all know who the real evil is when it comes to Russia. 

Didn't mean to make the thread over-political, given we now know his clear stance let's keep this on the football to save the mods having to jettison pages to the politics forum!

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

He's spoken out against Russia's invasion of Ukraine, so he is OK with me. 

Sounds like he is from a family of Russian Jews.

Edited by Kid in the Riot

2 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

There we go. I really sympathise with the majority of Russian people. Very few of them want this and we all know who the real evil is when it comes to Russia. 

Didn't mean to make the thread over-political, given we now know his clear stance let's keep this on the football to save the mods having to jettison pages to the politics forum!

Yes a lot of Russians are against the war in Ukraine and increasing numbers of them are seeing their sons come home in body bags.

For that reason I am not against Russian footballers. However, if Putin even signed for us I would definitely boo. 

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Harry said:

Yep. I’ve just been in touch with @terpin

Says the source of the tweet is a very reliable one. 
Also says apparently it was reported in Norwegian press recently that Wolves were interested and that he’s also got offers from the MLS and other championship clubs. 
Has been one of the best keepers in the Norwegian league for a few years. Likes to play out from the back - sweeper keeper type 

I'm all for ' footballing' type keepers...but seriously, does anyone think our defenders are capable of receiving the ball in the 18 yard box, under a high press, and being able to move, pass, and take advantage of the space in behind?

Prem players are incapable without making mistakes. How could anyone trust our lot to do so?

The playing out from the back, drawing players, using the keeper, all in the 18 yard box has been laughable in this country.

• Like 2