IGNORED

Fifth Round Draw: Home to Man City

BUTOR

8 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

For the Swansea tie carers, with season tickets,  could  book a seat for free, as per their season ticket. This had to be done by telephone 

…and also if you are a disabled / career season ticket holder you can phone up on Monday, as there is no online option.  You don’t have to wait til Wednesday.

That is usually the case anyway with cup games, but I checked with Jerry earlier for this game, just in case.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, lenred said:

Man City Season ticket holders got to watch them against Arsenal in the FA Cup, current league leaders, for £22.50 in their family stand and £25 in their South Stand.  So the top two in the country for ‘Lidl prices’. 

They have a 55k stadium to fill and their fans are used to a diet of Premier League and Champions League football, which they will paying a lot more than that for. Exactly like we reduce prices for less appealing early round cup games - just on a different scale.

• Like 5
  • Flames 1

2 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

They have a 55k stadium to fill and their fans are used to a diet of Premier League and Champions League football, which they will paying a lot more than that for. Exactly like we reduce prices for less appealing early round cup games - just on a different scale.

They were playing the top team in the country.  Hardly ‘less appealing’. Unless you think the FA Cup is second rate? They look after their season ticket holders.  

Edited by lenred

Just now, lenred said:

They were playing the top team in the country.  Hardly ‘less appealing’. Unless you think the FA Cup is second rate? 

Like it or not, the FA Cup is a less attractive competition than the Premier League or Champions League for elite clubs and their supporters. So, yes, in this example it is “second rate”. Arsenal’s team selection for the game also supports that theory.

Just now, ChippenhamRed said:

Like it or not, the FA Cup is a less attractive competition than the Premier League or Champions League for elite clubs and their supporters. So, yes, in this example it is “second rate”. Arsenal’s team selection for the game also supports that theory.

It’s not second rate at all.  And I bet you Man City sell out their allocation - which they wouldn’t if it was. Happy to bet the cost of a SS ticket on that - money goes to a charity of the winners choice.   

To the fans that moaned when Semenyo went and the fans that will moan when Scott goes YOU ARE THE REASON .if you don’t invest in the TEAM like lansdown has invested in us , then we will remain tin pot , some time you gotta dig deeper and for a cause you so say support YES SUPPORT that’s what it means to be a supporter 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2
  • Hmmm 1
  • Flames 1
  • Robin 1

26 minutes ago, lenred said:

It’s not second rate at all.  And I bet you Man City sell out their allocation - which they wouldn’t if it was. Happy to bet the cost of a SS ticket on that - money goes to a charity of the winners choice.   

Of course they’ll sell out their allocation! It’s not hard for a club of Manchester City’s size to sell 4000-odd tickets. That doesn’t mean the FA Cup has the same appeal as the Premier League or Champions League.

21 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Of course they’ll sell out their allocation! It’s not hard for a club of Manchester City’s size to sell 4000-odd tickets. That doesn’t mean the FA Cup has the same appeal as the Premier League or Champions League.

Right.   So it’s a second rate competition but they will easily sell out 4000 tickets to a seven hour round trip, midweek game against a team that is near the bottom of the league below them?       Just like we would easily sell out our a JPL 5th round game away against Salford or Oldham or Stockport on a February Tuesday night  I guess? (our second hand cup equivalent for many years). Ok mate…….

Why not just admit it? It’s not second rate at all. They respect this cup massively (same with the League Cup).   And they treated their season ticket holders well by offering them discounted priced tickets in the same competition against the current top team in the country.  Maybe because you aren’t a season ticket holder yourself? 

Edited by lenred
  • Confused 1
  • Robin 1

• Admin
18 minutes ago, lenred said:

Right.   So it’s a second rate competition but they will easily sell out 4000 tickets to a seven hour round trip, midweek game against a team that is near the bottom of the league below them?       Just like we would easily sell out our a JPL 5th round game away against Salford or Oldham or Stockport on a February Tuesday night  I guess? (our second hand cup equivalent for many years). Ok mate…….

Why not just admit it? It’s not second rate at all. They respect this cup massively (same with the League Cup).   And they treated their season ticket holders well by offering them discounted priced tickets in the same competition against the current top team in the country.  Maybe because you aren’t a season ticket holder yourself? 

But one key fact you forgot to mention @lenredthe prices you mentioned are for season ticket holders who joined an ADDITIONAL cup scheme to guarantee that price. 

You need to provide a bit of balance and context to your point rather than quoting an extreme, other match prices were more expensive than what we are charging 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, lenred said:

This is such a shit argument.

We wouldn’t sell out a JPL away game because it’s even less appealing than the FA Cup, we have a smaller fan base than Manchester City, and it’s not a remotely attractive fixture.

It’s all relative. It’s a bizarre hill to die on to claim that the FA Cup has as much appeal to elite club supporters as the Premier League or Champions League. It simply doesn’t and this isn’t controversial. But big clubs like Manchester City can still sell their allocation because they have enough fans who want to be there.

They “treated” their supporters to discounted tickets for an FA Cup game because it’s not as big a game for them as league fixture. Arsenal isn’t a big deal for them - they play them all the time. Just like we were “treated” to discount tickets for the West Brom game - who we play all the time. Same principle, at a lower level. This really isn’t hard to grasp.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, phantom said:

All very well using Man City as an example but how many other Premier league teams sold cheaper tickets? 

You need to provide a bit of balance and context to your point rather than quoting an extreme 

I think a match between the top two teams country, in the same competition, on television and within weeks of our game, provides plenty of context.  
Anyway I’m going down a rabbit hole here which I shouldn’t have as what I think or anyone else thinks the price is the price.   I simply think season ticket holders should have got a discounted price compared to day trippers.   That is  all.  Good night ??

4 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

This is such a shit argument.

We wouldn’t sell out a JPL away game because it’s even less appealing than the FA Cup, we have a smaller fan base than Manchester City, and it’s not a remotely attractive fixture.

It’s all relative. It’s a bizarre hill to die on to claim that the FA Cup has as much appeal to elite club supporters as the Premier League or Champions League. It simply doesn’t and this isn’t controversial. But big clubs like Manchester City can still sell their allocation because they have enough fans who want to be there.

They “treated” their supporters to discounted tickets for an FA Cup game because it’s not as big a game for them as league fixture. Arsenal isn’t a big deal for them - they play them all the time. Just like we were “treated” to discount tickets for the West Brom game - who we play all the time. Same principle, at a lower level. This really isn’t hard to grasp.

It’s not.  But thanks for the compliment. ?

• Admin
4 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

1 minute ago, lenred said:

I think a match between the top two teams country, in the same competition, on television and within weeks of our game, provides plenty of context.  
Anyway I’m going down a rabbit hole here which I shouldn’t have as what I think or anyone else thinks the price is the price.   I simply think season ticket holders should have got a discounted price compared to day trippers.   That is  all.  Good night ??

Sorry I edited my reply as you were trying 

The reason Manchester City charged those prices was for season ticket holders who had ADDITIONALLY joined a cup scheme that guarantees a price of £25

Other season ticket holders etc paid more than what we are being asked to pay 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, lenred said:

When we played Man.Utd there was a guy interviewing "supporters" coming out of the away end and the majority were from Bristol but professing to be Man.Utd supporters. I would guess that a good proportion of Man.City "supporters" will be from Bristol when we play them.

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 1

Some People talk utter shit on this forum

We need the money. Johnson blew it all ably supported by a bevy of individuals that have brought the club to a possible points deduction. We have had to sell our best player to balance the books but the club can make some money by a freak FA Cup run and a game against the current champions……Anyone arguing at this point?! 

Supply and demand applies here! If City can make some extra money, not only will they, they have to. I get it as does the club, fifty quid is a lot of money and some are priced out of it, but if they don’t the club are negligent in their fiduciary duty

I get it, once I had no extra cash and life was difficult and that applies to some. But here we are. It’s on the Telly if you can’t won’t pay. The bankroll days have finished we have all got to suck it up and hope this helps towards a new player or not getting into any further trouble  

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Flames 2

10 hours ago, Magger1 said:

Look it’s like I said earlier if you can show me west end show or a top live band where the tickets are under £50 let alone watching the English champions the let I know , people choose their seats because it’s the best they can afford well if your centre of lansdown and it’s £35 a game to watch Rotherham then surely you expect to pay £15 more for Manchester City it’s a bit like watching the Wurzels or oasis ? 

To be fair - watching City isn’t like watching a West End Show 

Id say it was more like a Pantomime half the time ?

• Haha 2