IGNORED

Fifth Round Draw: Home to Man City

BUTOR

Not sure I get some of the moaning, any season ticket holder can get an adult seat for £30 in the family area with kids from £15, or £38 in the South Stand, I don't think the club has gone OTT on pricing for such a big game. It means you may move seat to save money, but can do that when you book.

If money is tight as this is an extra game you have not budgeted for, spend the money on more important things and watch it free on the telly.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

When we played Man.Utd there was a guy interviewing "supporters" coming out of the away end and the majority were from Bristol but professing to be Man.Utd supporters. I would guess that a good proportion of Man.City "supporters" will be from Bristol when we play them.

I would suggest you are wrong

9 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

When we played Man.Utd there was a guy interviewing "supporters" coming out of the away end and the majority were from Bristol but professing to be Man.Utd supporters. I would guess that a good proportion of Man.City "supporters" will be from Bristol when we play them.

Of course there will be some but nothing like the United game.

Two very different clubs, City are a proper Manchester club, United are very much a world wide club.

• Like 4

This match is going to cost quite a bit for me, coach travel, yha, and going to the hairdressers to get my hair highlighted before the game. #coverallgrey.

shame the match tickets aren’t a bit cheaper, but I’ll just have to make do with a Tesco sandwich instead of pizza in the H&C or the chicken katsu at the Gate.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

This match is going to cost quite a bit for me, coach travel, yha, and going to the hairdressers to get my hair highlighted before the game. #coverallgrey.

shame the match tickets aren’t a bit cheaper, but I’ll just have to make do with a Tesco sandwich instead of pizza in the H&C or the chicken katsu at the Gate.

Good effort, I reckon you deserve a free cider at least. 

• Haha 1

I do tend to agree that it's expensive if one is a young married person with children, rising interest mortgages, on a below average wage and so on. If it's a spend too far, grin and bear it, at least it's live on TV.

I'm fortunate to have enough pensions at 79 years to have some spare money for my ticket. The price is small compared with the match I will see four days before the Man City game. I bought it on the basis that it might be the last time I'm able to get to Cardiff to see Wales thumping England. £125. I can't take it with me and I don't think they play football or rugby where I will finish up. It's too hot!

Edited by cidered abroad
  • Like 7
  • Robin 2

8 hours ago, REDOXO said:

Some People talk utter shit on this forum

We need the money. Johnson blew it all ably supported by a bevy of individuals that have brought the club to a possible points deduction. We have had to sell our best player to balance the books but the club can make some money by a freak FA Cup run and a game against the current champions……Anyone arguing at this point?! 

Supply and demand applies here! If City can make some extra money, not only will they, they have to. I get it as does the club, fifty quid is a lot of money and some are priced out of it, but if they don’t the club are negligent in their fiduciary duty

I get it, once I had no extra cash and life was difficult and that applies to some. But here we are. It’s on the Telly if you can’t won’t pay. The bankroll days have finished we have all got to suck it up and hope this helps towards a new player or not getting into any further trouble  

So the fans have to suffer for the club’s poor management?

16 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

I do tend to agree that it's expensive if one is a young married person with children, rising interest mortgages, on a below average wage and so on. If it's a spend too far, grin and bear it, at least it's live on TV.

I'm fortunate to have enough pensions at 79 years to have some spare money for my ticket. The price is small compared with the match I will see four days before the Man City game. I bought it on the basis that it might be the last time I'm able to get to Cardiff to see Wales thumping England. £125. I can't take it with me and I don't think they play football or rugby where I will finish up. It's too hot!

It’s true, all live events, sport, music, comedy is so expensive nowadays.

I was lucky enough to get an Ashes 5th test ticket for the Oval in July, ridiculous price I can’t even bring myself to write how much but it’s something I really wanted to do.

It does make you wonder if/when we get to the promised land how many will be priced out from ever seeing City live. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

It’s true, all live events, sport, music, comedy is so expensive nowadays.

I was lucky enough to get an Ashes 5th test ticket for the Oval in July, ridiculous price I can’t even bring myself to write how much but it’s something I really wanted to do.

It does make you wonder if/when we get to the promised land how many will be priced out from ever seeing City live. 

Yep. And refreshments too. They were charging £6.80 a pint when I went to see Elton John at Ashton Gate. Awful really

• Like 2

While the regular attendee will know that there has been a price hike, a lot of "day trippers" will look at those prices as being very fair. 

There will be a lot of local supporters who watch Manchester City on TV or spend good money to go to Manchester and watch them, they will be keen to get these tickets. 

The club are being pragmatic, but actually I think the prices are reasonable. 

Edited by Port Said Red
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

Yep. And refreshments too. They were charging £6.80 a pint when I went to see Elton John at Ashton Gate. Awful really

Crikey! Can you still get season card discount? I’m going to see the Arctic Monkeys in May.

And at cricket you’re there for 7 or 8 hours and can’t take any alcohol in so you’ve no choice. 

Just now, ralphindevon said:

Crikey! Can you still get season card discount? I’m going to see the Arctic Monkeys in May.

And at cricket you’re there for 7 or 8 hours and can’t take any alcohol in so you’ve no choice. 

I can’t remember about the s/t discount to be honest. Wow, it must be an expensive day out at the cricket

• Like 1

Just now, AshtonGreat said:

At that price, everyone would 'still be standing'.

Reading the replies, no one has said they won't pay these inflated prices, it's a case of feeling exploited because of the opposition.

As for the argument about 'if we were in the Prem', that's kinda weak, we aren't in the Prem. There will only be one top flight side at Ashton Gate for the cup game.

I didn't expect to pay what I did against Lincoln or West Brom, I just think the club have pushed the envelope on what they think people will accept. So yes, I'll pay for a ticket but it doesn't mean I need to be happy about the cost.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

While the regular attendee will know that there has been a price hike, a lot of "day trippers" will look at those prices as being very fair. 

There will be a lot of local supporters who watch Manchester City on TV or spend good money to go to Manchester and watch them, they will be keen to get these tickets. 

Yeah I’ve no problem with the club’s pricing, it’s pretty much the going rate.

it’s just the going rate is too much for the many that are struggling atm.

1 minute ago, Bristol Rob said:

At that price, everyone would 'still be standing'.

Reading the replies, no one has said they won't pay these inflated prices, it's a case of feeling exploited because of the opposition.

As for the argument about 'if we were in the Prem', that's kinda weak, we aren't in the Prem. There will only be one top flight side at Ashton Gate for the cup game.

I didn't expect to pay what I did against Lincoln or West Brom, I just think the club have pushed the envelope on what they think people will accept. So yes, I'll pay for a ticket but it doesn't mean I need to be happy about the cost.

Yes precisely. The club have pushed the envelope because they know they’ll fill the ground even at inflated prices. Considering how faithful the fans have been over the years, despite how little the club has delivered on the pitch in the last four decades, it doesn’t exactly show much goodwill IMO.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

It might also put day-trippers off from going again if they don't have going to football as part of their regular spend and think that those prices are quite normal and the chances of them being more regular supporters diminishes.

6 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

It might also put day-trippers off from going again if they don't have going to football as part of their regular spend and think that those prices are quite normal and the chances of them being more regular supporters diminishes.

I don't think so, there is money about even with the current state of the economy. I appreciate that some will find it tough, but I don't think that's as many as others think.

• Hmmm 1

46 minutes ago, Super said:

Totally agree 

£3,000 per month just to exist (mortgage, utility, council tax) in a decent but in no spectacular family house in a decent but in no way spectacular area. 

£50 is absolutely nothing in comparison and £20 is less than nothing. Theatre you wouldn't get a good seat for less than £100. Live music is the same tier of performance/fame as Man City is hundreds. 

Some people appear to be living in the 1980s in terms of costs. The reference has changed.

31 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

£3,000 per month just to exist (mortgage, utility, council tax) in a decent but in no spectacular family house in a decent but in no way spectacular area. 

£50 is absolutely nothing in comparison and £20 is less than nothing. Theatre you wouldn't get a good seat for less than £100. Live music is the same tier of performance/fame as Man City is hundreds. 

Some people appear to be living in the 1980s in terms of costs. The reference has changed.

I'd imagine the people that cough up 3k per month to live in their decent set up will be fine finding the £45 for tye game. The families struggling to pay half that each month will be priced out of the game, or theatre etc 

• Like 1

They've calculated that for every STH/regular attendee who thinks it's too much and refuses to pay it, there's at least one person who may not ordinarily be able to get a ticket that will pay it. And that most of the people who think it's too much will still pay up anyway because they don't want to miss it.

They'll be right too.

Edited by Northern Red
  • Like 2