IGNORED

Fifth Round Draw: Home to Man City

BUTOR

55 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

It’s true, all live events, sport, music, comedy is so expensive nowadays.

I was lucky enough to get an Ashes 5th test ticket for the Oval in July, ridiculous price I can’t even bring myself to write how much but it’s something I really wanted to do.

It does make you wonder if/when we get to the promised land how many will be priced out from ever seeing City live. 

For me, the modern PL means the journey to the 'promised land' is far more exciting than the prospect of actually being there.

Promotion day would be fantastic celebration of course, after that, when the reality sinks in, well I'd seriously consider taking a season off.

I've really got no interest in the PL.

• Like 12

26 minutes ago, David Brent said:

I think the prices aren’t right..but it’s the sense of entitlement I can’t comprehend. Season ticket holders demanding their loyalty is repaid despite already been rewarded across 23 home league games and more. 

Also what people are forgetting is that ManC had a say in the pricing.

If we had discounted then the £5 off every ticket for ST holders (this seems to be what people were expecting) would have had to be given to ManC anyway. The money would have to be found from somewhere. Man C agreed to a price and we can't then say well actually you are getting less as we are discounting our ST holders.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Big C said:

The game will sell out, the club which has been struggling in balancing their books will get a load of money from many sources. It's a win for the club

And it's all extra as such, I doubt they would have budgeted for getting this far in the cup or having a bumper reward. 

Funny thing is we could beat ManC and then draw Grimsby, what then ?

• Haha 1
  • Hmmm 1

18 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

For me, the modern PL means the journey to the 'promised land' is far more exciting than the prospect of actually being there.

Promotion day would be fantastic celebration of course, after that, when the reality sinks in, well I'd seriously consider taking a season off.

I've really got no interest in the PL.

A lot of truth in that ?

28 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Except at Lord's where you can take a bottle of wine, 4 cans or equivalent. Generally though Lord's tickets are a bit more. 

Last time I went to Lords was to watch Glos about 18 years ago.

The row of lads behind me and wife were drinking orangeade which didn't have a limit on entry. Except that they'd dumped the orangeade and filled all bottles with scrumpy.

I had to carry my wife out at end of game because the lads kept refilling her pint glass.

Glos beat Worcs. What a day!

• Haha 4
  • Robin 1

2 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

The row of lads behind me and wife were drinking orangeade which didn't have a limit on entry. Except that they'd dumped the orangeade and filled all bottles with scrumpy.

I had to carry my wife out at end of game because the lads kept refilling her pint glass.

Lovely job.

Last time I went was for a T20 match between Somerset and Middlesex. Rain delay from before the match meant we stayed in the pub until they announced that the game would actually go ahead. In the end it was declared it could start, but would be 9 over game! Cue us getting into the ground and, after an extra 3 pints in the pub, finally necking the bottle of wine we'd brought for 40 overs in the space of 18. Much Blackbird was sung that day.

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

Yes I remember, vaguely, going to Somerset finals at Lord's. Many years back. All taking in a gallon, or two, of scrumpy. Hic hic

Edited by Rocking Red Cyril
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

Why did they have replays in the earlier rounds now extra time and penalties? call me cynical is it to try and get as many of the big boys into the later stages as possible as if a draw likely to win a replay before the threat of penalties

Fixture congestion I imagine

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, RedM said:

Also what people are forgetting is that ManC had a say in the pricing.

If we had discounted then the £5 off every ticket for ST holders (this seems to be what people were expecting) would have had to be given to ManC anyway. The money would have to be found from somewhere. Man C agreed to a price and we can't then say well actually you are getting less as we are discounting our ST holders.

Bring a pedant (in the absence of BS4 on Tour), the rules of the FA Cup changed 4/5 years back…the home side decides the ticket price these days…but there are rules around not charging away fans more, etc.  your point about having to offer their ST holders a discount is likely to be accurate and very relevant and a point I made on the “how much” thread.  We’d end up giving say £5 discounts to about 17k fans (our 13k+ and 4k City).

• Like 1

Can’t agree with the moaning about prices to be honest.

ST Holders you’ve already got your savings across the season on every home game.

A big game doesn’t come around often and the club needs the money. This game would sell out at £50 let alone £40 or whatever so it’s right the club maximises revenue. They’ve lowered the prices for less lucrative ties.

Joe blogs off the street won’t get a ticket at general sale

Kf they want one they’ll have to pay £20 for a membership like I had to - and even then won’t get priority over people who have been to games this season.

Of course members who go away miss out on loyalty, and I’m one of those, but I think it’ll get to members + 0 games sale tier 

• Like 6

My initial reaction was the prices are too high & still feel that but fully understand the rationale & more chilled about it now.  I do think the concessions for OAPS (not there yet)  aren’t great as only £3 differential. Anyway, it’s is what it is and we will have a full house and hopefully a few more points in the bank by the time the game comes around. 

3 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

I do tend to agree that it's expensive if one is a young married person with children, rising interest mortgages, on a below average wage and so on. If it's a spend too far, grin and bear it, at least it's live on TV.

I'm fortunate to have enough pensions at 79 years to have some spare money for my ticket. The price is small compared with the match I will see four days before the Man City game. I bought it on the basis that it might be the last time I'm able to get to Cardiff to see Wales thumping England. £125. I can't take it with me and I don't think they play football or rugby where I will finish up. It's too hot!

No singing Delilah though ?

1 hour ago, David Brent said:

I think the prices aren’t right..but it’s the sense of entitlement I can’t comprehend. Season ticket holders demanding their loyalty is repaid despite already been rewarded across 23 home league games and more. 

I don't see the problem with the prices as adult tickets start from £30, but totally agree about you sense of entitlement

Seems to be some people want everything and want it now, when I was younger and did not have any money you prioritised the most important bills, food ect and the luxuries or going out, if you could not afford them you went without.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

I don't see the problem with the prices as adult tickets start from £30, but totally agree about you sense of entitlement

The £30 is family stand ( upper Lansdown) - I think you have to have accompanying kids and buy both together.

Stand alone adult is £38 rising to £48.

13 minutes ago, Shuffle said:

My initial reaction was the prices are too high & still feel that but fully understand the rationale & more chilled about it now.  I do think the concessions for OAPS (not there yet)  aren’t great as only £3 differential. Anyway, it’s is what it is and we will have a full house and hopefully a few more points in the bank by the time the game comes around. 

Knee-jerker ?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, CodeRed said:

The £30 is family stand ( upper Lansdown) - I think you have to have accompanying kids and buy both together.

Stand alone adult is £38 rising to £48.

Yes, I had made reference to that in an earlier post and that any ST holder can move seat, even at £38, I think its not a bad price

Both my very elderly Dad and I both have season tickets and he’s unable to attend some of the matches for a multitude of reasons (too cold, not feeling well enough etc) so one of a number of mates will come along instead. You wouldn’t believe the number of friends who have indicated that they could be available should he be unable to attend for any reason. 

For what it’s worth, I’m completely fine with City charging big money for this game. A business that loses £14m+ a season isn’t sustainable, and when we have the chance to get some cash back in, then that’s just the way it is. Would love it if we land one on’em and give Man City a bloody nose. We know we’ve got the ability to do it.

Would be a such a shame to miss it, especially if we win. 

Edited by Lord Northski
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, RedorDead BCFC said:

Wasn’t Man U and Man C games three years ago about £5 less than these ones? Compare that price against utility bills then and now, the hike don’t seem that great. 

But then compare vs our teams wages which has gone down…

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Bring a pedant (in the absence of BS4 on Tour), the rules of the FA Cup changed 4/5 years back

To be an 'Ultra Pedant' ???:

1. In the qualifying rounds both teams mutually agree the prices.
  2. In rounds 1 to 6 the home club decides the prices
  3. The FA decides on the prices for the semi-finals and finals.
  • Thanks 2

22 hours ago, OliOTIB said:

Lansdown making a pretty penny out of this mind

Surely it just reduces the amount of cash he has to put in so we can keep going?

We don't tend to make a profit and we don't tend to be cash breakeven in the main through our own devices.

The prices feel a bit steep but in the context of football not so much- football is potentially overpriced but that's another thread.

• Like 1