IGNORED

Well the rewards scheme is launched...

Bristol Rob

Having looked through:

- At least they seem to have held good and migrated the points from prior purchases

- However, the available rewards are slim pickings. Seven available that aren’t prize draws and we’re talking soft toys, key rings, bouncy balls. An easy thing to do would be to trade points for £ value in the shop via a gift card, and that’d then make it worthwhile 

Overall, I’m pretty underwhelmed.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

Pretty sure there's an option on there where you can enter a raffle where the winner, and only the winner, will be able to buy a Woolly Hat in Winter and also the opportunity to buy a Beach Towel in the Summer. 

Sound like one of those Omaze things where you can win a house that various people have been unable to sell.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Having looked through:

- At least they seem to have held good and migrated the points from prior purchases

- However, the available rewards are slim pickings. Seven available that aren’t prize draws and we’re talking soft toys, key rings, bouncy balls. An easy thing to do would be to trade points for £ value in the shop via a gift card, and that’d then make it worthwhile 

Overall, I’m pretty underwhelmed.

Just to add to this the rewards balance gets wiped on 31st May. Not unexpected but as the redeemable rewards are so limited here and considering the stock in the shop is limited, chances of anything new coming on have to be slim to none.

In effect, we’ve all been therefore given the chance to enter a raffle. Really poor form from the club.

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

Pretty sure there's an option on there where you can enter a raffle where the winner, and only the winner, will be able to buy a Woolly Hat in Winter and also the opportunity to buy a Beach Towel in the Summer. 

Think this is the other way around. They'll let you buy the woolly hat in summer and a beach towel for Christmas 

• Haha 2

36 minutes ago, redpole said:

How do you set it up for your kids? If you have same email address for all 3 memberships? Just keeps bringing up my details. 

Was thinking exactly the same.

In the past, I had to phone them up to merge all the reward points together.

I've emailed the club on the link on the rewards scheme page. I'm expecting a reply around summer 2024.?

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Just to add to this the rewards balance gets wiped on 31st May. Not unexpected but as the redeemable rewards are so limited here and considering the stock in the shop is limited, chances of anything new coming on have to be slim to none.

In effect, we’ve all been therefore given the chance to enter a raffle. Really poor form from the club.

So you’re saying I should order 3 bottle openers now!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, CyderInACan said:

You're close but not quite right.

The winners will have an opportunity to buy a wooly hat in summer and a beach towel in winter. 

• Haha 1

It has taken this long to launch and options are what Delboy would be proud of - cuddly toy, bottle opener, keyring and other tat they have presumably got lots of left in the warehouse.  Who sits in months worth of project meetings and thinks all this is an exciting new thing?

I'd rather have my £10 a season I think.

The prize draws are okay, but to spend your hard earned points(!) on Max O'Leary's gloves or an awkward birthday phone call from a player isn't for everyone.

Good ol City. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rocky said:

It has taken this long to launch and options are what Delboy would be proud of - cuddly toy, bottle opener, keyring and other tat they have presumably got lots of left in the warehouse.  Who sits in months worth of project meetings and thinks all this is an exciting new thing?

I'd rather have my £10 a season I think.

The prize draws are okay, but to spend your hard earned points(!) on Max O'Leary's gloves or an awkward birthday phone call from a player isn't for everyone.

Good ol City. 

I can guess we can only hope that next season, the range of things you can use you points on is better, I.e. kit back in stock, etc.  but it’s a bit underwhelming to say the least.

• Like 1

I think the aspect of it that is good is that you can earn points outside of spending at AG and on club stuff. For example I had to book a hotel today, looked though and Best Western are an option, so I thought if I'm spending anyway then why not test it out and used the link to pay using my linked card. I think that will credit me 80ish points.

But I agree the crunch comes when it comes to what you can spend those points on. It's essentially little bits of merch or prize draws. I think they need to think a bit more about what people actually want there. Presumably it's mainly money off or the ability to use points on shirts, scarves, or any other stuff in the club shop.

35 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

I think the aspect of it that is good is that you can earn points outside of spending at AG and on club stuff. For example I had to book a hotel today, looked though and Best Western are an option, so I thought if I'm spending anyway then why not test it out and used the link to pay using my linked card. I think that will credit me 80ish points.

But I agree the crunch comes when it comes to what you can spend those points on. It's essentially little bits of merch or prize draws. I think they need to think a bit more about what people actually want there. Presumably it's mainly money off or the ability to use points on shirts, scarves, or any other stuff in the club shop.

Being a bit cynical I already have multiple “loyalty schemes” through work, membership of other things, etc, plus the likes of Quidco, that I’m not sure I’ll be arsed to look at BCFC Rewards as my chosen purchase portal.

Couple that with the potential lack of things to use the reward point on, and I’ll probably ignore it once the initial points go on.

Sorry!

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Being a bit cynical I already have multiple “loyalty schemes” through work, membership of other things, etc, plus the likes of Quidco, that I’m not sure I’ll be arsed to look at BCFC Rewards as my chosen purchase portal.

Couple that with the potential lack of things to use the reward point on, and I’ll probably ignore it once the initial points go on.

Sorry!

Yeh. Seeing as I only came back to the UK 9 months ago, I don't have that myriad number of schemes set up.

I suspect most STholders should just collect the points for attending then enter two or three prize draws at the end of the season.

• Like 1