IGNORED

Well the rewards scheme is launched...

Bristol Rob

51 minutes ago, glynriley said:

Just had a look. Absolute pile of shite. Who wants a ******* lanyard?

Though I guess someone must as they’ve “sold out” What will they find in the bins next?

Coming soon a half eaten apple as chewed by Curtis Fleming. 

So far it's come across as a way for City to get rid of their trash. Lanyards they don't want and presumably over ordered, leftover kit from the previous supplier, it's not the top end rewards scheme they bigged it up to be is it

Just thought I'd have another rant about the crap rewards scheme.

I've literally had the portal open in a browser tab for a few days now. Every so often I'd take a look as I particularly liked the idea of getting my son the City Sideline Jacket in Medium, but for the last week (including yesterday) it was marked as "coming soon"

In the last few minutes I've received an email from the club saying that there are new items added to the portal, and lo and behold, guess which item is Sold Out already???

What the hell are we meant to do? Are we expected to constantly sit at a keyboard pressing F5 hoping that we stumble on the availability of an item before someone else grabs it??

It blatantly seems to me that their offloading old stock, whereby they're probably waiting for a single item to be returned or not collected before they put it on the portal, but seriously, how many of these items are they actually putting on there?

Oh well, back to pressing F5 in the hope of getting "another" keyring or bottle opener, or maybe a lanyard that any company worth their salt wouldn't allow for security reasons !!!

2 minutes ago, beaverface said:

I've literally had the portal open in a browser tab for a few days now. Every so often I'd take a look as I particularly liked the idea of getting my son the City Sideline Jacket in Medium, but for the last week (including yesterday) it was marked as "coming soon"

In the last few minutes I've received an email from the club saying that there are new items added to the portal, and lo and behold, guess which item is Sold Out already???

What the hell are we meant to do? Are we expected to constantly sit at a keyboard pressing F5 hoping that we stumble on the availability of an item before someone else grabs it??

It blatantly seems to me that their offloading old stock, whereby they're probably waiting for a single item to be returned or not collected before they put it on the portal, but seriously, how many of these items are they actually putting on there?

Oh well, back to pressing F5 in the hope of getting "another" keyring or bottle opener, or maybe a lanyard that any company worth their salt wouldn't allow for security reasons !!!

Totally agree, however I saw the sideline jacket for several days ,like you. Tried a medium jacket on in the shop on Saturday and it was a bit tight as I'm normally a large. Clicked on the Rewards mid morning and there it was so grabbed it. Straight afterwards checked my daughters account and the jacket was sold out, so guessing only 1 or 2 available which is poor.

If when it arrives it really is too small for me I will give you a shout.

• Admin
22 minutes ago, beaverface said:

I've never been able to log in - thank fully seeing other comments I am not bothered in the slightest

On the SLO forum I asked about children’s accounts as both of my kids have points but not their own Bristol Sport account so can’t access “rewards”. They also have no personal purchase history so when you try and set them up supporter IDs aren’t recognised.

Jerry asked for my number as the guy behind the scheme wanted to talk to me - didn’t call me back. Emailed the rewards email address Jerry gave - no response.

It’s a shitshow. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

Totally agree, however I saw the sideline jacket for several days ,like you. Tried a medium jacket on in the shop on Saturday and it was a bit tight as I'm normally a large. Clicked on the Rewards mid morning and there it was so grabbed it. Straight afterwards checked my daughters account and the jacket was sold out, so guessing only 1 or 2 available which is poor.

If when it arrives it really is too small for me I will give you a shout.

Sir Geoff, that's really kind of you, and I really appreciate your gesture, but ultimately though, I can live without the jacket.

I just felt the need to rant and have the ear of likeminded fans who equally share my frustrations at the way the club treats us with disdain and attempts to throw us a bone in the form of left over dregs or sell & return stock that they can't do anything with. 

47 minutes ago, beaverface said:

Sir Geoff, that's really kind of you, and I really appreciate your gesture, but ultimately though, I can live without the jacket.

I just felt the need to rant and have the ear of likeminded fans who equally share my frustrations at the way the club treats us with disdain and attempts to throw us a bone in the form of left over dregs or sell & return stock that they can't do anything with. 

Had to laugh at the shirts that have appeared recently. Looks as though someone as gone round the dressing room picking up discarded shirts that have been left for a few months in some dusty corner. Massengo's Anniversary shirt, anyone ?

Also to add to the gripes I don't know if you noticed but for a week the red bobble hats were 180 points but then went up to 250 points and still aren't available over a week later.

Edited by Sir Geoff
edit text

3 minutes ago, beaverface said:

I notice they're not allowing us to get the decent bobble hats!

image.thumb.png.24869a915b6935ca811b484e731cf108.png

Those are new arrivals into the club shop...it's ******* April ?

Whoever is in charge of stock replenishment needs a rocket up the jacksie.

As the points are expiring soon I thought I’d get a £5 voucher with some of my points, I would have had more but soon realised you’re only allowed one.

Anyway, I thought I’d reserve something so I could pick it up on the following day, Saturday.

A unique code appeared once I’d done the transaction but this didn’t seem to work anywhere, then I read it may take 2 weeks for the code to be emailed!

Eh? I must be doing something wrong, a code should be generated immediately surely? It’s just a code it’s not stock. Anyway I still haven’t had it but I can’t help thinking that unique code is it and I’m doing something wrong.

Anyone else bought a £5 voucher with their points? 

7 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

On the SLO forum I asked about children’s accounts as both of my kids have points but not their own Bristol Sport account so can’t access “rewards”. They also have no personal purchase history so when you try and set them up supporter IDs aren’t recognised.

Jerry asked for my number as the guy behind the scheme wanted to talk to me - didn’t call me back. Emailed the rewards email address Jerry gave - no response.

It’s a shitshow. 

I’ve got two kids season tickets in exactly the same situation, waited 8 days for an email response which was basically “tough, you can’t do anything about this” 

54 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

I’ve got two kids season tickets in exactly the same situation, waited 8 days for an email response which was basically “tough, you can’t do anything about this” 

I’ve had an email from the rewards team post my earlier post (terrible English there) which says they can’t transfer posts but will set up new accounts for the kids and link their points. Obviously depends on the kids having separate emails (used my wife’s and my work email). Will update if it works….

11 hours ago, ralphindevon said:

As the points are expiring soon I thought I’d get a £5 voucher with some of my points, I would have had more but soon realised you’re only allowed one.

Anyway, I thought I’d reserve something so I could pick it up on the following day, Saturday.

A unique code appeared once I’d done the transaction but this didn’t seem to work anywhere, then I read it may take 2 weeks for the code to be emailed!

Eh? I must be doing something wrong, a code should be generated immediately surely? It’s just a code it’s not stock. Anyway I still haven’t had it but I can’t help thinking that unique code is it and I’m doing something wrong.

Anyone else bought a £5 voucher with their points? 

I went through the same. Bought a £5 voucher weeks ago, and didn't receive an email.

During all the faff I've been describing over the last day or so, I clicked on my name in the top right corner, and then clicked on Wallet...........the £5 voucher code is there.

1 hour ago, beaverface said:

I went through the same. Bought a £5 voucher weeks ago, and didn't receive an email.

During all the faff I've been describing over the last day or so, I clicked on my name in the top right corner, and then clicked on Wallet...........the £5 voucher code is there.

Ah ok. The voucher is in my wallet, it has been from the start but it just comes with a unique code which doesn’t work in the Promo code box and doesn’t have a pin to go in the gift card box. And the fact they said wait for an email makes me think this isn’t it. 

Have you used yours? And if so what format is the code in? 

2 hours ago, ralphindevon said:

Ah ok. The voucher is in my wallet, it has been from the start but it just comes with a unique code which doesn’t work in the Promo code box and doesn’t have a pin to go in the gift card box. And the fact they said wait for an email makes me think this isn’t it. 

Have you used yours? And if so what format is the code in? 

I've not used it yet. I haven't decided which cuddly toy, that I as a middle man, wants to buy just yet. Although I am torn between that and a calendar with 8months left !

12 minutes ago, beaverface said:

I've not used it yet. I haven't decided which cuddly toy, that I as a middle man, wants to buy just yet. Although I am torn between that and a calendar with 8months left !

The whole thing is embarrassing. Torquay United, about to drop down to the 6th tier and regional football have a much better selection of merchandise than us.

Why they didn’t just leave the season ticket rewards as 10% off in the shop and food and drink, I don’t know. 

20 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

The whole thing is embarrassing. Torquay United, about to drop down to the 6th tier and regional football have a much better selection of merchandise than us.

Why they didn’t just leave the season ticket rewards as 10% off in the shop and food and drink, I don’t know. 

The theory is that by partnering with affiliates, the click through to partner sites will generate income for the club on a commission basis. This in turn would actually make the rewards scheme “cost neutral” or profitable in theory as opposed to the prior scheme where the club were in effect discounting their own merchandise but weren’t compensated for that on the other side. As you also get points for early entry and on concession purchases, the theory is that it drives greater buys for the club on things like pints.

So the decision to change was mainly driven by turning “rewards” into a money maker for the club. Nothing wrong with that at all, but it relies on the following:

- The rewards that are offered being a) Available and b) Desirable

- The scheme running well with no teething

- Most crucially, as the “profitable” nature of the scheme depends on the click through rate to partner sites, that users will use the rewards portal to enter these and not go direct/through another portal. The users tendency to do this will be driven by points 1 and 2

Where the club are is that they launched a bit of a half assed offering. That meant that there were less people engaged in “click through” and less money coming in. So, as less money came in the site became even more half assed (why bother offering good stuff if the sites losing money). They haven’t twigged that improving 1 and 2 will lead to 3 improving, and are waiting for 3 to improve to improve 1 and 2. So they’ve got it backwards.

Long answer - that’s why the old scheme was replaced!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

The theory is that by partnering with affiliates, the click through to partner sites will generate income for the club on a commission basis. This in turn would actually make the rewards scheme “cost neutral” or profitable in theory as opposed to the prior scheme where the club were in effect discounting their own merchandise but weren’t compensated for that on the other side. As you also get points for early entry and on concession purchases, the theory is that it drives greater buys for the club on things like pints.

So the decision to change was mainly driven by turning “rewards” into a money maker for the club. Nothing wrong with that at all, but it relies on the following:

- The rewards that are offered being a) Available and b) Desirable

- The scheme running well with no teething

- Most crucially, as the “profitable” nature of the scheme depends on the click through rate to partner sites, that users will use the rewards portal to enter these and not go direct/through another portal. The users tendency to do this will be driven by points 1 and 2

Where the club are is that they launched a bit of a half assed offering. That meant that there were less people engaged in “click through” and less money coming in. So, as less money came in the site became even more half assed (why bother offering good stuff if the sites losing money). They haven’t twigged that improving 1 and 2 will lead to 3 improving, and are waiting for 3 to improve to improve 1 and 2. So they’ve got it backwards.

Long answer - that’s why the old scheme was replaced!

Fair enough but as you point out they haven’t really thought it through…….yet.

in fact I’m a keen user of similar schemes. Whenever I buy anything of any value I see what added extras I can get. For instance I just renewed my car insurance and by doing via the British Airways app got a couple thousand Avios points.

The thought of a free flight or upgrade to business class is a bit more desirable than a bottle opener though……….just!! 

• Like 2

On 05/04/2023 at 07:53, beaverface said:

Just found my email in the junk box. So fair play to them they did send it