IGNORED

Well the rewards scheme is launched...

Bristol Rob

48 minutes ago, redsquirrel said:

soon be down to a left sock with the prize draw for a right one

I hope they adopt a more 1980s approach and that with every six quids worth of cider, you get a chunky tumbler or an attractive wine glass.

And people wonder why there was such a drink driving problem back then, they encouraged you.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

I hope they adopt a more 1980s approach and that with every six quids worth of cider, you get a chunky tumbler or an attractive wine glass.

And people wonder why there was such a drink driving problem back then, they encouraged you.

And a Wok! 

No wonder there was an Asian food crisis back then. All the Woks were rattling around the M4 and M5

I used to love going into that old Green Shield stamp place on Broad Weir. Armed with carrier bags full of the books……

And come out with some old shit that wasn’t even worth the bus fare there and back.

Looks like progress to me. In so much as you won’t need to waste time sticking stamps in books ?

Loyalty schemes. Just another way of farming data. Absolute waste of time. Unless they were offering these beauties…..

9AF890C3-B73B-49B0-AD25-EA478D34C321.jpeg

13 hours ago, elhombrecito said:

Down to a pin badge, bouncy ball and calendar...

So basically, we've gone from a perfectly workable reward scheme that gave us money off purchases, to one that basically allows us to enter prize draws that we're not going to win... Splendid ?

Screenshot_20230209-194317-828.png

At first i thought this thread was a joke. Then began to realise it's real

4 minutes ago, Barkhamred said:

If you “buy” one of these items do you get free postage or do you have to pay p&p if not picking up in person?

Beat me to it, I bet these 'free' things aren't actually free as you will have to pay postage. Two years ago I got a tenner off a shirt, last year a mug this year will be sweet FA.

Yes we got the mugs last year - but only because someone collected them for us

5 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

Beat me to it, I bet these 'free' things aren't actually free as you will have to pay postage. Two years ago I got a tenner off a shirt, last year a mug this year will be sweet FA.

On 09/02/2023 at 23:04, Bristol Rob said:

This reminded me of the Bristol Ale Trail. 16 pubs with 6 weeks to drink 12 pints of beer at 99p per pint. 12 stamps on your card and you got an Ale Trail t-shirt.

What was designed as a gentle weekly visit to a couple of local pubs rapidly became something very different.

You were never going to get all your mates together (preferably on the Smiles Best week) and do it all in one day.  ?+????????????=?

9B8397F3-1874-4A04-95B9-4C027ECDB61D.jpeg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dredd said:

Would solve a lot of problems if one of the redeemable items was a £5 gift voucher in the club shop

I always exchanged my £10 starter for a shop voucher and gave it as a Christmas present to the son of my niece. Each time Y was told you can't do that in the shop but replied " well I did last year" and I always got one.