IGNORED

Preston North End away match thread

10 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I’ve never said it about any other footballer, but I hope someone ends Cunningham’s career.  He is the worst type of pro footballer, the sly type. He always has been.  I hate it.

I might have the rose-tinted glasses on but I genuinely don't recall him being this much of a knob when he was with us.

Turned into an absolute **** since he's left.

• Like 4

I found that quite a frustrating watch today, so delighted to come away with the win.  A bit “smash and grab” as we didn’t really control much of the game at all.  In fact our best passing spell came on the hour as Preston looked done for…and then Max handed them a route back into the game.  That was disappointing.

Thought their direct approach, with lots of diags caused us probs, especially on a pitch that appeared to have nothing beneath the top surface.  Suited them, hoping to pick up bits and pieces.  Don’t think we turned them around and squeezed the game enough, and meant we didn’t get enough pressure on the passer.

Scott was the pick for me.  I thought Sykes did well too, as did Joe Williams who covered a helluva lot of ground.  Thought Vyner and Atkinson had tough afternoons against Evans and Cannon ( @Lrrryou were right!) and Pring was often left 1-on-1.  All three stuck to their task though.  Wells worked his nuts off.  Got his assist, but I’m desperate for him to get into double figures, he’s been really good most weeks.  Tanner did a good job on Brady.

Might not have deserved the win today, but that makes up for other games.

8 unbeaten, but 3 points really needed too.  Now in touch with the teams above.

• Like 1
  • Robin 1
8 minutes ago, James54De said:

32 isn’t it? Or is that just for the Prem? 

That’s Prem.  37 in EFL (46 games v 38)

5 minutes ago, mozo said:

If any of our players was doing what Cunningham did to get an opposition player sent off, we'd all be saying, "finally, City are doing the dark arts..."

No, I wouldn’t.  It’s not dark arts, it’s disgraceful behaviour for a pro to do on a fellow pro.

• Like 5
27 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I’ve never said it about any other footballer, but I hope someone ends Cunningham’s career.  He is the worst type of pro footballer, the sly type. He always has been.  I hate it.

Surely C U NTUESDAYINGHAM would be more accurate........he really is a nasty piece of work

Edited by maxjak
5 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I found that quite a frustrating watch today, so delighted to come away with the win.  A bit “smash and grab” as we didn’t really control much of the game at all.  In fact our best passing spell came on the hour as Preston looked done for…and then Max handed them a route back into the game.  That was disappointing.

Thought their direct approach, with lots of diags caused us probs, especially on a pitch that appeared to have nothing beneath the top surface.  Suited them, hoping to pick up bits and pieces.  Don’t think we turned them around and squeezed the game enough, and meant we didn’t get enough pressure on the passer.

Scott was the pick for me.  I thought Sykes did well too, as did Joe Williams who covered a helluva lot of ground.  Thought Vyner and Atkinson had tough afternoons against Evans and Cannon ( @Lrrryou were right!) and Pring was often left 1-on-1.  All three stuck to their task though.  Wells worked his nuts off.  Got his assist, but I’m desperate for him to get into double figures, he’s been really good most weeks.  Tanner did a good job on Brady.

Might not have deserved the win today, but that makes up for other games.

8 unbeaten, but 3 points really needed too.  Now in touch with the teams above.

100% agree. Our players falling to their knees in exhaustion showed the effort they out in, however, so we just need to wise up a bit.

Still lush to win though

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

He's a cowardly player thats for sure.

Wouldn't want to see him get a career ending injury but he certainly deserves a kicking.

3 points, move on.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, LondonBristolian said:

He's not going to get through eight games without a yellow. I know you're not supposed to do this but it might be about working out whether there is a tactical decision about when to earn the ban...

Saturday wouldn’t be a bad shout. Doesn’t get any easier than home to bottom of the league three days later. If not spoken it will be in the back of his mind.

4 minutes ago, Bouncearoundtheground said:

Saturday wouldn’t be a bad shout. Doesn’t get any easier than home to bottom of the league three days later. If not spoken it will be in the back of his mind.

Might we see Jose Pearson get the word out for him to do a little shirt tug late on in the Norwich game?

Edited by AppyDAZE
5 minutes ago, Bouncearoundtheground said:

It's a 2 match ban so I think that would be Sunderland away. A tougher game but you're probably right that that's as good a pair of games as he'll get to miss. 

5 minutes ago, WessexPest said:

It’s all about opinions… ???

6707AE82-735D-4256-8B84-BA8E55AE071B.jpeg.1ddfabc1c12fe2d21e146dc6c1c052f6.jpeg

I don't know where that's from but I hope you've reassured them that we did indeed enjoy the win. 

And, to be honest, I'm enjoying the irony of a Preston fan whining about gamesmanship after a narrow victory over them even more. I'm off to mix myself a celebratory cocktail...

Edited by LondonBristolian
  • Like 4
  • Haha 3