IGNORED

Preston North End away match thread

Just now, 22A said:

With penalties going in all around the country, I actually thought we might get one today.

The way they were going down in our box and appealing for handball every time we cleared it, I'm surprised they didn't get one. Specially how soft some of the free kicks they got given.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Dan Robin said:

I guess we still are: too soon to think we're safe. That being said, signs are good so now we can be more optimistic. 

Agree, every point in this league is hard earned. Thought we were by far the better team their last year and got a draw to a very late goal. More of a battle today, if anything they edged the chances, but we won. Only 3 or 4 points now off genuine mid table, and that will go nicely.

Edited by cityexile
10 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Ball bounced just in front of him, makes it much harder. Maybe should have done better, but his handling was good today apart from that. 

Also when you watch it a lot of movement on the ball, can blame defenders just as much for not following back in as their strikers did.

Overall thought max was excellent today and possibly MOM

• Like 1

It's so satisfying to win, especially away to Preston.

It wasn't smash n grab because we had good spells, but the stats tell a story too. 

Our goals came from direct play, but so did the hectic defending we had to do. We only had one spell of passing and control, just before Max fluffed his save and gifted a goal.

So we could have made it easier for ourselves, and I'm sure Nige has already said that, but the win is massive.

I'm not concerned about relegation anymore and it's exciting that we're the 2023 invincibles.

Long may it continue!

• Confused 1
58 minutes ago, David Brent said:

Is that Scott out for the Norwich game?

⬇️

57 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

Maybe he got one in a cup game then. Fingers crossed he isn't out next week.

⬇️

57 minutes ago, James54De said:

That’s his 9th in the league. Has also had 1 in the league cup. Not sure what that means. 

No, he’s ok…league and cup yellows are separated.  So he’s got one more to play with, when he gets that he gets a 2-game ban.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I’ve never said it about any other footballer, but I hope someone ends Cunningham’s career.  He is the worst type of pro footballer, the sly type. He always has been.  I hate it.

They have 2 types of player and it suites them, cowards and bullies. Cunningham is a coward, studs Nakhi then is all apologetic when faced up. What a manual manipulator ! 

• Like 1
44 minutes ago, Spike said:

Those diagonal balls are causing all kinds of issues, surely by now we'd be aware that they're going to keep doing that.

Looks like Pring was playing deliberately (?) narrow to cover Atkinson who had Evan / Cannon peel onto him most of the game.  Meant that switch left him a lot of ground to cover.  Can be one of the issues with a back four against wingbacks.  We didn’t get enough pressure on the passer.