IGNORED

O'Neills - New Kit Supplier (Confirmed)

3 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

So City think ....

"The Third shirt harks back to City’s look in the late 80s, inspired by the Robins’ yellow shirt and socks, and green shorts worn between 1988 and 1990. It features a one-off modern-style Robin motif as a nod to the one which graced the shirt during those years."

They may be on nodding terms , but they certainly look nothing alike.

Screenshot2023-06-15at20_10_01.png.c6cc8de573185f67ff28f1229fec4933.png

Screenshot2023-06-15at20_13_20.png.09be342b0afb4500e1d8cbd628827275.png

Screenshot2023-06-15at20_10_54.png.bc2a30ff8d4e3b516e85392384493ade.png

Screenshot2023-06-15at20_12_28.png.0426602828972252ae89adcec925e1d2.png

If only we had a badge with a robin on a football that we could use instead...?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

Just to add, and I've only just read the press releases today, that personally I don't think that:

"The Third shirt harks back to City’s look in the late 80s, inspired by the Robins’ yellow shirt and socks, and green shorts worn between 1988 and 1990. It features a one-off modern-style Robin motif as a nod to the one which graced the shirt during those years."

Fully explains this. Forgive my youth but can anyone recall the "motif" that "graced the shirt during those years" and is it really similar to the traced "splat Robin" that's on the third shirt.

If be genuinely interested to hear from people if they are satisfied with this two sentence explanation.

PS. Oh the joy at discovering this is supposed to be yet another "nod" to a past kit.

No, it’s horseshit rationale.  Jon has just done his own thing…and he’s fooked up, but not got the balls to admit it.

4 hours ago, Ronnie Sinclair said:

Very bad photoshop skills on my phone but this would be better wouldn't it?

image.png.6eba72a64ee852115dec699525bf0c5f.png

Yes, imho.

• Like 6

I still can't get over the "washed out" colour of it, especially when you compare it to the bright socks that go with it. 

Someone needs to stay away from the kit designs for a while, although at least he's not on the front line when he's doing it ?

8 hours ago, Henry said:

They, along with @JerrySLO, have been terrible at liaising with fans. 

I can only speak for myself, but whenever I or someone I know, has had an issue and I've contacted Jerry, he has sorted it pretty quickly.
Had no dealings or knowledge of/with SC&T so can't really comment.

• Like 5
  • Flames 1

19 hours ago, bearded_red said:

Accept I’m a broken record, but it really is difficult to believe just how bad that badge is. 

Keep thinking it’s a hoax.

Here is an employee of the design agency involved in our official new crest commenting on the Robin clipart we've decided to start sticking all over everything 

• Like 2

For me personally…it’s just a third strip?

One that we might wear maybe once next season? For me it’s no different than a lifestyle/training top that if people want to wear fine but it’s not as if we have to see the players wear it week in week out.

Id imagine the away kit with revert back to the robin badge and harmony will be restored.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Not Banksy said:

image.thumb.png.f05cae9a243e4e35150b044df30b9066.png

Honest question... why design a completely new robin and before using on a kit.. trace over a clip art robin and use that.

Nigel Pearson's Albatross Army ?

I absolutely love the robin like this.

When the new badge 1st came out I assumed that in the long term we'd move to just using this on shirts but we haven't yet done so.

22 minutes ago, The hand of RO'D said:

For me personally…it’s just a third strip?

One that we might wear maybe once next season? For me it’s no different than a lifestyle/training top that if people want to wear fine but it’s not as if we have to see the players wear it week in week out.

Id imagine the away kit with revert back to the robin badge and harmony will be restored.

Not if it's sky blue !

9 hours ago, phantom said:

Out of interest have you made any effort to get in contact with the SC&T? 

When a club changes the clubs badge, individual supporters should not need to contact. 

We will likely have new owners in the next few years. The response so far, does not give me much confidence they would hold any dodgy new owners to account.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

So City think ....

They may be on nodding terms , but they certainly look nothing alike.

Screenshot2023-06-15at20_10_01.png.c6cc8de573185f67ff28f1229fec4933.png

Screenshot2023-06-15at20_13_20.png.09be342b0afb4500e1d8cbd628827275.png

Screenshot2023-06-15at20_10_54.png.bc2a30ff8d4e3b516e85392384493ade.png

Screenshot2023-06-15at20_12_28.png.0426602828972252ae89adcec925e1d2.png

Thanks for those close ups - I retract my earlier comment about the badge looking stuck on. Still don’t like it though! 

6 minutes ago, Hartleysbeard said:

Thanks for those close ups - I retract my earlier comment about the badge looking stuck on. Still don’t like it though! 

I think the original launch was to get the playing kit out quickly. This new release for the fans to buy has either been planned, maybe it took this long to get the badges made up, or they realised it looked tacky or heard fan noise and changed it. 

This was from March release.

Screenshot2023-06-16at09_06_18.png.69b42d9f0fac5e11aae76c79f210632e.png

This is the new one.

Screenshot2023-06-16at09_09_36.png.51012f9557270e169492f453e910bfac.png

On 14/06/2023 at 12:03, elhombrecito said:

I really don't have a problem with us having a blue training kit (in fact I think we should use the colour more often to reiterate how irrelevant the 15ers have become).

I don't either. 

I don't understand why so many people do. For me that's just a small mentality. We should claim it.

Rovers are half white and half blue. We already use white so don't see the problem. There is plenty of blue around the stadium on the Bristol Sport branding.

We'd not use the blue that they use anyways. It would be a lighter or darker blue. 

We wore blue in our fa cup final in 1909. 20 years before Rovers started using blue. So for me absolutely no problems with us using it.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I don't either. 

I don't understand why so many people do. For me that's just a small mentality. We should claim it.

Rovers are half white and half blue. We already use white so don't see the problem. There is plenty of blue around the stadium on the Bristol Sport branding.

We'd not use the blue that they use anyways. It would be a lighter or darker blue. 

We wore blue in our fa cup final in 1909. 20 years before Rovers started using blue. So for me absolutely no problems with us using it.

We have had blue in our shirts before, not as the main colour admittedly , as long as it's a different shade I really don't care.

Screenshot2023-06-16at09_28_14.png.5214b7c0b6c966b797136a2bd4732b11.png  Screenshot2023-06-16at09_27_48.png.10fea7494e79ababe65ace813a3f4ea9.png

• Like 1

Could there be some reverse logic going on here by the Club? Could we all be part of some clever marketing ploy?

Could ‘Splat’, as he is now affectionately called, have been designed so badly and given such prominence on, well, just about everything that it becomes like legendary? A sort of ‘must have’ because it’s just so naff, bordering on insane? 

In years to come the Pearson Harley Davidson ‘Splat’ Biker T Shirt could be worth a mint. Get your orders in and clear the shelves (then we can get some proper gear in). 

1 hour ago, Henry said:

When a club changes the clubs badge, individual supporters should not need to contact. 

We will likely have new owners in the next few years. The response so far, does not give me much confidence they would hold any dodgy new owners to account.

The SC&T has discussed the badge with the Club. The Club have not actually changed the badge. They've moved it. They've replaced it in this shirt with a different design. But the official badge/crest is the same. 

I believe that in the spirit of communication and consideration they should have consulted or at least notified fans - possibly via the SC&T - of the proposed change. They didn't.

They have recognised that error and have said they'll consider their communication in future.

As to new owners or holding new owners to account. Without board representation or a significant shareholding in the Club there is very little that the SC&T can truly do other than write letters, have calls, and generally talk about stuff with the Club. That has all been happening.

The SC&T also support the recommendations of the fan led review, the White Paper on the future of football, and support the introduction of an independent regulator for English football. Hopefully through supporting that we can indirectly hold the Club to account and can ensure, so far as possible, that any future investor/owner of Bristol City is responsible and looks after our Club for the benefit of the Club and it's supporters.

As I mentioned above, you can join the SC&T for £1 a month and every member who joins helps to build the credibility of the SC&T and so increases their ability to "hold the club to account".

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I don't either. 

We were Red with blue shorts and socks in 1894 when we were Bristol Southend. 

I'm probably in the minority, but I'd love us to play in red, white and blue, with yellow and claret trim. 

It would cover the colours of Bedminster, Bristol Southend and when we became Bristol City. 

Those colours always look smart to me. So many teams play in just red and white. 

The kits of Barcelona, Crystal Palace, Genoa and Bologna...love em. 

I do like the retro Subbuteo t shirt in stock. I'm guessing they've done their due diligence and realise they have to pay a licence fee to use the Subbuteo brand name and logo. 

I found this out when the commercial department at FGR, enquired whether I could supply FGR Subbuteo teams for their shop. 

https://shop.bristol-sport.co.uk/bcfc/bcfclifestyle/mens-lifestyle/tops-polos/2152_bristol-city-subbuteo-red-tee-adult.html