IGNORED

Jason Knight signed from Derby - Confirmed

Bat Fastard

37 minutes ago, RedRaw said:

Salty lot these Derby fans….

IMG_7401.thumb.jpeg.87eb24ff63528d4a15631f5cb570de4d.jpeg

I see this as a good thing. If they rate him that highly that he should go to a bigger team than us then we’ve got a great player.  As someone else has said we would want Alex to go to a bigger club than Bournemouth based on how highly we rate him and would consider Bournemouth being below him and they would be happy they have a great player.  I’ve got a great feeling about this season. We’ve addressed all the areas that we were weak in last season. Would like to have another keeper but that’s based on no knowledge of what we’ve got in back up. In Nigel we trust. 

• Like 2

Tbf I don’t know much about the lad , but if he is as good as every one is saying 

our own supporters who are in the know Derby fans even some forest fans why is he coming to us and not one of the big names in the championship or even a lower league prem , just putting it out there 

3 minutes ago, Grey Fox said:

Atkinson, Vyner, Roberts , McCorrie , Dickie and Pring,plus youngsters , looks like cover enough 

It's probably more useful to think of it like this:

image.png.ab5260efd55727443023478b585bb294.png

Perhaps you could consider King as an option at DM and argue that Naismith can then play as the LCB, but I think that takes Naismith out of his best position for us and relies a little too heavily on King who is moving further and further towards the 'coach' end of the player-coach role. Feels like realistically we still need 1 in at CB.

24 minutes ago, Cov 77 said:

To be fair, just looked back at the Rob Dickie signing pictures and neck looks fine , think someone’s not done Jason any favours on given him the XL to wear ?

Unlike the last few seasons we now have so many players the club haven’t got enough shirts so we had to give him what’s left 

Welcome Jason and thanks for mentioning on your first day here that you want promotion!

So do we and it's been a long time since we were last there some forty three years ago.

We know that you and all your new colleagues have been gathered together by Nigel Pearson and Brian Tinnion with the top tier in their minds.

We also know how hard it will be to achieve but as long as you can say that you've done your best, we'll take that.

• Like 5
  • Robin 1

2 minutes ago, Supersonic Robin said:

Perhaps you could consider King as an option at DM and argue that Naismith can then play as the LCB, but I think that takes Naismith out of his best position for us and relies a little too heavily on King who is moving further and further towards the 'coach' end of the player-coach role. Feels like realistically we still need 1 in at CB.

Good to have options, we could choose a back three ( select from the list I gave) with Tanner and Pring as wing backs, there are all sorts of choices with this squad. What we MUST do though, is keep our quality players, if this is going to be our year. And why not ?

8 minutes ago, Supersonic Robin said:

Looks strong now. Keeper, LCB and an attacking player imo and that should be fine.

1 minute ago, Grey Fox said:

Good to have options, we could choose a back three ( select from the list I gave) with Tanner and Pring as wing backs, there are all sorts of choices with this squad. What we MUST do though, is keep our quality players, if this is going to be our year. And why not ?

We won’t be playing three at the back it’s been done to death. Please stop banging on about keeping our best players . Like a stuck bloody record 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Maybe the big collar is for the Saturday Knight intro. 

Has Knight signed for City or Vogue? We make a steal of a signing and people are more concerned about the state of a collar on a shirt. Since when did  Bristol become such a capital of sartorial taste. 

Edited by RoystonFoote'snephew
Text corrrection
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 2
  • Flames 1

12 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

We won’t be playing three at the back it’s been done to death. Please stop banging on about keeping our best players . Like a stuck bloody record 

Well I’m old enough to know what a record is, and that our club rarely breaks records. This year I want different 

13 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

I hope we stick with the back 4, the shape we had post Swansea at home but the options we have it can give either a useful Plan B or scope for in-game switches.

Naismith in front of the back 3 for some games e.g. we can switch seamlessly for phases of games etc.