IGNORED

Jason Knight signed from Derby - Confirmed

Bat Fastard

1 hour ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Has Knight signed for City or Vogue? We make a steal of a signing and people are more concerned about the state of a collar on a shirt. Since when did  Bristol become such a capital of sartorial taste. 

They would have complained about the shirt even if we'd signed Harry Hill !

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

I'm very surprised we've managed this. Not so much that he has obviously joined us from a bigger club but that our direct competitors (Ipswich, Stoke, Coventry ilk of club) either weren't interested or we've beaten them to it

Not sure why this is so surprising. I think we're a little bit too self-deprecating at times - we're not the "little Bristol City" that some seem to think we are

Granted, Derby are a slightly bigger club than us, but they finished 7th in L1 last season, so no surprise we can take their players off them (appreciate you said this didn't surprise you, CiderCity).

I don't see anything remotely surprising about us beating Ipswich, Stoke, or Coventry to a signing, and I don't think anyone else in the Championship would be surprised about that either. We supposedly beat West Brom and Norwich to the signing of McCrorie too.

These days, it's only the parachute payment teams that I see us as struggling to compete with for signings.

• Like 13

10 minutes ago, Supersonic Robin said:

Not sure why this is so surprising. I think we're a little bit too self-deprecating at times - we're not the "little Bristol City" that some seem to think we are

Granted, Derby are a slightly bigger club than us, but they finished 7th in L1 last season, so no surprise we can take their players off them (appreciate you said this didn't surprise you, CiderCity).

I don't see anything remotely surprising about us beating Ipswich, Stoke, or Coventry to a signing, and I don't think anyone else in the Championship would be surprised about that either. We supposedly beat West Brom and Norwich to the signing of McCrorie too.

These days, it's only the parachute payment teams that I see us as struggling to compete with for signings.

I agree. Let’s remember we are going into our ninth consecutive season at this level, everything at the football club is setup for the Premier League and we have a manager who has been there and done it at this level. 

Having navigated away from most of our financial issues we have gone from a bit of a basket case to a club that now appear to be on the up again. I certainly think we look an attractive proposition to new players hence the good business we have done so far this window.

• Like 12

1 hour ago, ExiledAjax said:

It's this season.

9 subs, five of which can be used in three instances plus a half time change.

We'll need to open the Lansdown top tier to fit them all in!

7 hours ago, Lrrr said:

The neck of that shirt is bloody abysmal, has it got bigger in the off season? Its like the sheriffs hat from one of the Scary Movie films and it gets bigger each time you look back at it

Maybe JL has been watching a lot of Harry Hill recently

6 hours ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Has Knight signed for City or Vogue? We make a steal of a signing and people are more concerned about the state of a collar on a shirt. Since when did  Bristol become such a capital of sartorial taste. 

Apparently the next season of The Great British Sewing Bee is to be filmed in BS3

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Supersonic Robin said:

I don't know, I think it's a lot to do with Pearson he's a good draw.  Have you seen some of the players Coventry are after and have signed they are on a mission.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Spike said:

I'd say with no more in's and outs I think this is more how the squad would be seen by Pearson with Naismith also playing in the midfield should Taylor-Clark not yet meet the level expected from him by Pearson. I mean sure we could sign another CB and then we'd have Naismith as cover in the middle but looking at how many names we have who will want game time and the strength we have in-depth I'd say we're pretty set for the next season.

LtOH2Ud.png

All of a sudden we have a squad full of options!

1 hour ago, Antman said:

surely the tune to create a song to!

I said the same a few pages back mate! ?

Oh, what a Knight
Signed for us in twenty twenty three
What a very special time for me
In our midfield, oh what a Knight

Edited by One Team
  • Like 2
  • Flames 1

12 hours ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

100%...couldn't believe that some would rather focus on his collar an neck rather than the player. 

Seriously??

• Like 3
  • Flames 1

15 hours ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

It  probably all started with that 19th century phrase "Shipshape and Bristol Fashion"

Hopefully, that collar suggests that Knight is going take games by the scruff of the neck.

We needed a dominant, aggressive enforcer in midfield, for others to follow.

Might well be time for Jason and the Aggro-nauts.

28 minutes ago, shelts said:

OMG the collar . 

Will anyone be looking at, or caring about, the shirt collars when we lift the championship trophy next spring? 

:D

Ah. So it WAS a deliberate act to create a shirt with a massive oversized collar and neck for the KnightFever promo.

Bit to subtle for me (and some others). 

Thankfully, Stefan Kuntz has now retired from playing! 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, RedRock said:

Ah. So it WAS a deliberate act to create a shirt with a massive oversized collar and neck for the KnightFever promo.

Bit to subtle for me (and some others). 

Thankfully, Stefan Kuntz has now retired from playing! 

Would that be a big sleeve rather than big collar?