IGNORED

Jason Knight signed from Derby - Confirmed

Bat Fastard

I'd say with no more in's and outs I think this is more how the squad would be seen by Pearson with Naismith also playing in the midfield should Taylor-Clark not yet meet the level expected from him by Pearson. I mean sure we could sign another CB and then we'd have Naismith as cover in the middle but looking at how many names we have who will want game time and the strength we have in-depth I'd say we're pretty set for the next season.

LtOH2Ud.png

• Like 10

36 minutes ago, Supersonic Robin said:

It's probably more useful to think of it like this:

image.png.ab5260efd55727443023478b585bb294.png

Perhaps you could consider King as an option at DM and argue that Naismith can then play as the LCB, but I think that takes Naismith out of his best position for us and relies a little too heavily on King who is moving further and further towards the 'coach' end of the player-coach role. Feels like realistically we still need 1 in at CB.

Hopefully Benarous will be back sooner rather than later as well. I rate him, just hope he’s fully recovered. 

4 minutes ago, Spike said:

I'd say with no more in's and outs I think this is more how the squad would be seen by Pearson with Naismith also playing in the midfield should Taylor-Clark not yet meet the level expected from him by Pearson. I mean sure we could sign another CB and then we'd have Naismith as cover in the middle but looking at how many names we have who will want game time and the strength we have in-depth I'd say we're pretty set for the next season.

LtOH2Ud.png

Remove the injure Atkinson and OTC and there’s your match day 20.  Might have to find a spot for King, but essentially that’s it.  Would not surprise me if Bajic leaves.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Remove the injure Atkinson and OTC and there’s your match day 20.  Might have to find a spot for King, but essentially that’s it.  Would not surprise me if Bajic leaves.

Remind or correct me - is it now 9 subs or is that from 24/25 ?

22 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I hope we stick with the back 4, the shape we had post Swansea at home but the options we have it can give either a useful Plan B or scope for in-game switches.

Naismith in front of the back 3 for some games e.g. we can switch seamlessly for phases of games etc.

Pearson said last week we’re playing a back 4 

1 hour ago, Red Army 75 said:

Maybe the big collar is for the Saturday Knight intro. 

Looking at his interview, the shirt is at least 2 sizes too big.

25 minutes ago, Ghost Rider said:

You have seen the show “knight rider”, right?

Yep - 30+ years ago.

8 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

I'm very surprised we've managed this. Not so much that he has obviously joined us from a bigger club but that our direct competitors (Ipswich, Stoke, Coventry ilk of club) either weren't interested or we've beaten them to it

The likes of Ipswich and Coventry etc didn't know what division they'd be in until recently. That's where we have been able to get a head start. Coventry are finding themselves scratching around for signings and they need to make about 10 of them!

This signing has been months in the making. We decided who we wanted a long time ago and got it done early. Knight was clearly impressed that we showed an early interest and showed him that we wanted him and showed him how we plan to progress the club..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

29 minutes ago, Spike said:

LtOH2Ud.png

Yea I said the same. Wanted another centre-half but singing Knight means we have more than enough in midfield to utilise Naismith at LCB.

How good is that team/depth on paper btw? The bloated squad of misfits of two years ago feels like decades ago.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

Yea I said the same. Wanted another centre-half but singing Knight means we have more than enough in midfield to utilise Naismith at LCB.

How good is that team/depth on paper btw? The bloated squad of misfits of two years ago feels like decades ago.

We've signed Jason, not Gladys.

• Like 1
  • Haha 8
  • Flames 2

17 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Good looking side is that. A fit Benarous would be great if we do lose Scotty but overall, that's looks pretty damn good! :)

If we lost Scott, the silver lining would be that we could have scope for one more GK, loan out the current 3rd choice, one more CB, one more CM and if the right player for the right deal arises in whatever position make a go for them too.

Then look to tie down Vyner, Pring, Conway for longer knowing that we have the extra space created by Scott sale for higher wages.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, glynriley said:

Hopefully Benarous will be back sooner rather than later as well. I rate him, just hope he’s fully recovered. 

Yepp. Benarous, King, and Taylor-Clarke (among others) fall into the category of "squad players" for me - those we'll use, but probably shouldn't be expecting to depend on. Think Benarous looks a great prospect, I'm just hesitant to put much (any) pressure or expectation on him for this season.

• Like 1