IGNORED

Manchester City at home FA Cup 5th round match thread

5 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

I anticipate a difficult game…

Yea really looking forward to this one. A bit fearful if I’m honest but no reason to be, we’ve got absolutely nothing to lose against a team like Man City. Let’s give a good account of ourselves and enjoy the occasion. 

Work tomorrow is gonna draaaag.

It will I'm nervous now let tomorrow afternoon ? I just don't want us to be battered and it ruin our good run in the league but I'm keeping faith for a 100% committed performance. Let's do this!

• Like 2

Whilst always hopeful I think we have to be realistic. Anything can happen in a game of football but, in my opinion when they are on it, Man City are one of, if not the, best team in the world right now.

They have not been at their best this season and have lost more games and conceded more goals but are still an outstanding side,much better than the Man Utd team in 2017, whilst I feel that we are weaker than we were back then.

I hope for an entertaining game where we do ourselves justice and should we lose which is probable, we dust ourselves down and focus on the weekend.

Tomorrow is a great occasion and one we should savor, whilst hoping that just maybe, just maybe.

• Like 5
1 hour ago, cidered abroad said:

Well mentioned @daored

We won't ever win promotion with an all Academy side but it does help towards the team spirit.

I remember 1974 to 76 very well and it was wonderful to see us climb up to the First Division with a mostly home grown squad.

Oh for it to happen again.

Did anyone ever say " you can't win anything with kids"?

• Haha 1
  • Hmmm 1
52 minutes ago, Barn said:

Who's your front three tomorrow night?

I think this for the front 6 although Weimann might get in for Bell potentially. 

Wells

Bell  Scott Sykes 

Williams James

What are people seeing as ‘par’ on this one? I mean even against Premier opposition they seem to be able to hit the after burners now and again and score two or three very quickly.

I would have to say something like 0-3. It’s kind of well beaten but not over ran territory. Anything better than that and it feels like a wee moral victory (or even a real one...). Starts to get worse than that and it starts getting in to ‘o dear’ territory.

Given out turn around in penalties, I think we hang on gamely for 120 minutes and make it 7 in three matches...

35 minutes ago, cityexile said:

What are people seeing as ‘par’ on this one? I mean even against Premier opposition they seem to be able to hit the after burners now and again and score two or three very quickly.

I would have to say something like 0-3. It’s kind of well beaten but not over ran territory. Anything better than that and it feels like a wee moral victory (or even a real one...). Starts to get worse than that and it starts getting in to ‘o dear’ territory.

Given out turn around in penalties, I think we hang on gamely for 120 minutes and make it 7 in three matches...

I’d like to take them to extra time. And yes a penalty shoot out could be interesting (tense!) - especially as Gordon Owen is long gone! 

• Haha 1

Hey selling a ticket to the game as I have to work last minute, got a seat in E29, if anyone’s interested. Payed 40 for it, would like 45 just so I can buy myself a pack of drinks to watch it on tv. Have the ticket printed out so you can collect it, but I live in Horfield. If there’s a few people interested I’ll pick the person that offers me a scarf from the game as I’m gutted to be missing out on one ?

4 hours ago, cityexile said:

I ain't on board with all this "we're going to get battered" talk. 

I'm going to the game really hopeful and full of belief that we can pull off a cup shock. Man City have shown this season that they are beatable! What's the point of any of us turning up if we don't believe we can win? 

In our previous two games against them, they didn't batter us so I don't understand the "we're gonna get battered" talk. 

Every player and fan needs to truly believe that we can pull off a shock. It's the cup, anything can happen! The fact Pep has said its going to be a tough game should give us all confidence! 

Always believe x

Edited by W-S-M Seagull
  • Like 1
  • Robin 1

Whilst it is absolutely fantastic to be playing the best team in the world at home, we need to remember, this is OUR home. We can welcome them but we need to make them feel as if they don't want to be here. We need to show them zero respect both from the fans and the players. If we show them that respect simply because of who they are, we have no chance. 

Us fans need to be intimidating. City don't like that. If they have a corner in front of the SS, I don't care if its KDB who's taking it, give him crap like we give every other corner taker. 

We can't be nice 2moro. This is our home. If they want to best us at our home, they need to earn that. They don't get an easy win because of who they are. 

We need to be hostile towards them. We need to cheer every tackle from us. We need to get the gate rocking. 

And above everything, we need to all believe. 

We are just two wins away from Wembley and having a shot at getting to a major Cup final. We have to want that more than them! With how many prem clubs that have been knocked out, it's not unthinkable to think we can get all the way to the final. 

Edited by W-S-M Seagull
  • Like 4