IGNORED

Huddersfield Town away match thread

There were some good points. We were on top most of the game. Lack a little in the final third...need to tighten up the final balls etc. 

Some great defending....strikers win games defences win leagues....good building block for next season. 

The regularity of games is now impacting our small squad...combined with injuries...not Ideal. 

Ref was  consistently inconsistent...par for the course in this league....but no penalty against us....a possibility when JD protected the ball....seen them given for less. 

All in all a frustrating night but not a write off.

1 minute ago, WECANDO said:

What an absolute dreadful performance by both teams.

Indeed.

They could both be playing another 12 hours and still wouldn't score.

TBH, I really expected to see a few goals tonight - how wrong was I :no:

Its a point which is a fair reflection as we were hanging on at the end, against the worst team I've seen at this level for some time. Doesn't say a lot for us.

• Confused 1
5 minutes ago, Robin101 said:

Love this forum. We were definitely relegated on Boxing Day, looking good for the play offs a week ago, and now apparently that was the worst performance some people have ever seen - and we didn’t even lose.

If only they could get their doses right!

Incredible over-reaction on here to that.

Thought we controlled the game and their only tactic was to try and kick us out of it.

Front 3 being rotated does not help but they will click soon and I for one expect Mehmeti to be a big part of that. Some posters here really showing themselves up with their opinions on him by the way.

I think we look slightly “after the lord mayors” post Man City but expect us to despatch Blackpool Saturday relatively easily.

We have a small squad and the improvement they are making is encouraging. Cam Pring a real highlight.

No grey areas for some on here is there! Honestly baffles me.

• Like 6
2 minutes ago, Curr Avon said:

Weimann saved us with his header off the line in injury time.

Well done Andi.

Our decision making and delivery in the final third has to improve, plus the shooting. That's the frustrating thing, because James and Scott opened the pitch up with their running, but it comes to nowt.

Spot on. 

Loving the podcast, by the way ?

• Like 1
Just now, Merrick's Marvels said:

Midweek, away from home, third game in 8 days, tons of injuries, makeshift team. 

And we didn't lose.

What on earth is the problem? 

No idea.

Also think tonight’s point might well be the one that made us mathematically safe when the season ends, can’t see any of the bottom three gaining 14 more points.

Most important thing was they didn’t close the gap on us.

• Like 9
Just now, TomThumb84 said:

Incredible over-reaction on here to that.

Thought we controlled the game and their only tactic was to try and kick us out of it.

Front 3 being rotated does not help but they will click soon and I for one expect Mehmeti to be a big part of that. Some posters here really showing themselves up with their opinions on him by the way.

I think we look slightly “after the lord mayors” post Man City but expect us to despatch Blackpool Saturday relatively easily.

We have a small squad and the improvement they are making is encouraging. Cam Pring a real highlight.

No grey areas for some on here is there! Honestly baffles me.

In fairness, Huddersfield played through us a number of times. 

2 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Midweek, away from home, third game in 8 days, tons of injuries, makeshift team. 

And we didn't lose.

Speaking at probally one of the most negative fans on here - I agree with this 

We looked ****** vs Cardiff - plus picked up two key injuries . Granted I have no idea how we played - but to not lose away from home is a great result 

• Like 4

Frustrating game that. Lucky to get a point the last few minutes of the game. 
Transition getting the ball into the final third is so slow, I thought bringing mehmeti on would change it and give us the pace but I didn’t work out

Plenty of chances to win that and a frustrating point on the road. Still building though. COYR ?

The old story - when did we last win a match when we had more than 50% possession?   We perform against the top sides but fall short against anyone who sits back.  Been like that for a few seasons.

Mind you, given our injuries I’ll take a point.  King (surprisingly) lasted the distance, Cam filled in well at Centre Half and Zak took responsibility.

6 minutes ago, pillred said:

If you think there is any chance we will be relegated I suggest a trip to the bookies where a grand will enable you to retire in comfort.

?

Highly improbable, I know, but we could struggle in the next matches and lose positions so...still better not to lose against teams behind us. 

Edited by Dan Robin
3 minutes ago, ORANGE500 said:

Does watching City ever bring you any joy ? pack it in and do something else because it sure isn't making you happy  and that goes for many of the other miserable moaning f*****s on here.

Yes just not tonight it would seem. I'm not saying the sky is falling in but that was a poor performance and there was no plan B tonight. we are down to bare bones and it shows.

• Like 1
Just now, MC RISK77 said:

Played some nice football and bar the last 5 mins we never really looked under threat.

They were dreadful though and if we were more clinical in the final third we win that.

I missed the nice football tbh.

A draw was probably fair given we were hanging on at the end.

2 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

And we didn't lose.

Well said! Given the run of games, one fit CB, a threadbare squad...we've kept a clean sheet away from home.

Would probably have gone on to win if we'd have scored early. 

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

Speaking at probally one of the most negative fans on here - I agree with this 

We looked ****** vs Cardiff - plus picked up two key injuries . Granted I have no idea how we played - but to not lose away from home is a great result 

usually i’d agree but Huddersfield were terrible and we should have been out of sight by half time so for me it’s absolutely not a great result, in fact it’s poor based on how bad the opponents were 

• Like 1
Just now, Curr Avon said:

We tired at the end and Diara was breaking the lines. Perhaps James was limited in the second half due to the hammering his ankle took in the first.

We did tire, understandably, and late in the game its often a balance between  between pushing forward for the win or playing it safe for a point. 

Problem was, we were dispossessed many times due to unforced errors and delayed decision making in midfield.

That exposed the defence several times.

Poor decision making and lack of ball control is, again, becoming a City trait.