IGNORED

Huddersfield Town away match thread

12 minutes ago, Robin101 said:

Love this forum. We were definitely relegated on Boxing Day, looking good for the play offs a week ago, and now apparently that was the worst performance some people have ever seen - and we didn’t even lose.

It’s a ‘ing shambles…..(some of the reactions - not the performance!) 

Edited by lenred
2 minutes ago, Dan Robin said:

Disappointing result, but given the chances they had in the second half, I'd say it's a fair one: we couldn't create much despite the attacking subs and had some sloppy moments in passing and defending.

Well, one point closer to safety.

If you think there is any chance we will be relegated I suggest a trip to the bookies where a grand will enable you to retire in comfort.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Furious Custard said:

That was a crap as any performance I can remember. Where was the midfield ? Why did we keep lumping it forward when it was clear we weren't going to win a header. Didn't even realize King was still playing in the 2nd half. So many mis placed passes from everyone.

Does watching City ever bring you any joy ? pack it in and do something else because it sure isn't making you happy  and that goes for many of the other miserable moaning f*****s on here.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2
4 minutes ago, bexhill reds said:

Good in the first half, just not got 90 mins in him now. He’ll be needed in the next few weeks until Naismith is fit. Scott does not need to be getting booked anytime soon

Spot on.

I thought he did really well but was labouring badly by the end, look at the other subs left, none had ever started a league game for us.

Did a useful job tonight when we were very short on numbers. 

Matty James MoM by a mile for me.

Edited by GrahamC
  • Like 11
7 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

Sometimes football isn't just about silky skills, it's about making the right, simple decisions at the right time. 

We didn't seem to know what to do with the ball. Endless mistakes, dispossession and frustration. 

Arrggggh. 

Like the Huddersfield forward in the last ten. Ball out wide was so obvious but he chose to be a selfish cock.

Just now, Northern Red said:

King did well enough but he was absolutely shattered with about 15 left which led to them getting through us more easily.

That's why I'd try the versatile Sykes in the midfield trio, playing Weimann as right winger. King can be useful but he can't guarantee 90 minutes, not to mention 2 games in a row.

• Hmmm 1

Still not quite understanding why people are jumping on Mehmeti after two quiet performances.

He's come to us midway through the season and is not used to this level. Also important to bear in mind that he was the main man at Wycombe and this could explain why he doesn't release the ball so quickly. Already, we have seen what he is capable of. We had six years of Callum O'Dowda jogging up to the full back before stopping and passing back - and he didn't even do that right at times!

Edited by An Outstanding Human
  • Like 9

Last week some were rubbing their hands at the thought of playing Cardiff and Huddersfield back-to-back.

6 points available, we take 1.

The reality is that these are the teams we struggle against. 

Any team that sets themselves up with a defensive low-block, we can’t break down. 

We expect every team to come and attack us for 90 minutes, and hope to hit them on the counter-attack. 

• Like 4
4 minutes ago, Robin101 said:

Love this forum. We were definitely relegated on Boxing Day, looking good for the play offs a week ago, and now apparently that was the worst performance some people have ever seen - and we didn’t even lose.

I can top that 

I completely forgot we were playing. Just had a quick look on Twitter and seen it ended 0-0

Been up the pub and not once realised we were playing 

….but on that note - shit result. Pearson out 

• Haha 3

I'm surprised anyone expected anything other than a gritty terrible game, Away vs. Warnock, against a limited team who spent the entire game committing niggly fouls just to stay in it. 

In previous months/years we have not been able to dominate these games. How often have we had games where city dominate the ball, shots on goal/target etc? We still played some alright stuff at time in a shitehouse attritional game. Think moaning about today is a sign of how far we have come in recent months. The best? Nowhere near it. But we are a mid table side who can't really expect to just go away from home blasting 5 past other teams. It just doesn't happen! Get away with an average point and move on to the next. 

• Like 4
5 minutes ago, Percy Pig said:

This. Did everything but score and managed to play a fair amount of good football throughout the game against a team specifically designed to stop good football.

Shame not to win, but to see it described as embarrassing is absolutely farcical. People need to grow up if they have to overreact like that to us playing well and not quite getting over the line with half a team out injured and a knackered squad.

Bloody Norah.

Could have easily lost it at the end there though.

I wouldn’t big up ourselves too much with that one, it was pretty average, especially in the final third. Should have won but I guess a point will have to do…

Onto the next.