IGNORED

Huddersfield Town away match thread

3 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

You can put any stat you want to fit a viewpoint. 10 goals conceded in 14 games is another stat. 

I’m not trying to fit any stat into any particular viewpoint. Just asking the question. I’m actually very positive about the direction of travel generally, and I’ve really enjoyed our football for large parts of recent games. 

But it’s starting to become a bit of a habit: off to a flying start, playing some great attacking football, failing to convert any chances, and then running out of energy and ideas second half. 

I think to some extent it’s about new players and new formations, and taking time for it all to bed in. But I still think it’s becoming a worry. And however good your football, if you don’t score goals then that’s a massive problem. And 500 minutes is a long time without one. 

• Like 2

Frustrating watch, but that's the way Colin wanted it. Normal Colin tactics if they are better than you, kick them, if they start getting momentum, chuck yourself on the floor.

Should have had the game won first half, but wasteful in front of goal.

Those having a hissy fit, need to look in the mirror, give your head a wobble, then remember how many players we have out, and the makeshift team that played 

• Like 9
  • Flames 1
  • Robin 1
Just now, CityCiderEd said:

Just thought it was an absolutely awful game to watch although for the best part of the game we were much the better side. I struggle to see what Cornick offers us upfront.....

Not sure throwing him on with another newbie is a good idea. Wouldn't mind Pearson staggering the forward subs so that we keep some of that pace up top because Cornick certainly doesn't have it 

2 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

I’m not saying he doesn’t have weaknesses but at catching high balls all around his area I just can’t remember anyone better in recent years.

Kept us in at the end too.

Has the trust of the defence and reads the game well, did he do a Frankie once tonight? All his kicks within the sidelines!

Just now, Curr Avon said:

No goals from open play for 414 minutes is the problem. Needs to change pronto. We've defended far better since Boxing Day, but need to use this platform to win matches.

Sometimes we're just scared to shoot and, when we do, we're clearly overcome by fear and scuff it. 

We're not good enough to walk the ball in against a back 5. Shooooooot! 

• Like 2
12 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Spot on.

I thought he did really well but was labouring badly by the end, look at the other subs left, none had ever started a league game for us.

Did a useful job tonight when we were very short on numbers. 

Matty James MoM by a mile for me.

James was outstanding considering the kicking he endured. In the Cryogenic Chamber at the HPC tomorrow, I'll bet. 

Heaven help us if Matty is out of action..

• Like 12
11 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Midweek, away from home, third game in 8 days, tons of injuries, makeshift team. 

And we didn't lose.

What on earth is the problem? 

Exactly , paper thin squad at present , 45 points, eleven games to go , just keep it going best we can for next few weeks and then regroup after the break 

• Like 2

Good first half especially considering how hard they were trying to injure our whole midfield .  We played some lovely through balls sykes and bell should of scored .

The 2nd half we didnt play as good in the final 3rd and not as high tempo . Almost scored through a delightful cross from i think it was Mehmeti and Huddersfield almost scored a own goal if not for good goalkeeping  again . 

We deeply missed williams , King did alright considering but I do think we need to rest James as soon as Naismith is back  as he is irreplaceable. Scott didn't play badly but not as high standards that we are used to . 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

We did tire, understandably, and late in the game its often a balance between  between pushing forward for the win or playing it safe for a point. 

Problem was, we were dispossessed many times due to unforced errors and delayed decision making in midfield.

That exposed the defence several times.

Poor decision making and lack of ball control is, again, becoming a City trait. 

Team are somewhat knackered, we have a quite thin squad, throw in 5-6 injuries- we score an early goal and it's probably quite comfortable.

• Like 4

That was an awful game but as the away team with a host of players missing, we have to be pleased with the commitment and a point.

Huddersfield were absolutely terrible and if Warnock keeps them up he's a magician.

We maintained possession reasonably well but couldn't make the most of the few openings we had.

Lets take the point and never talk about the game again.

• Like 5
1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Team are somewhat knackered, we have a quite thin squad, throw in 5-6 injuries- we score an early goal and it's probably quite comfortable.

Yeah I was desperate for one of those early chances to go in, knowing with the thumping they had on Saturday we’d be well on the way to 3 points. 

• Like 2
Just now, Furious Custard said:

Yes just not tonight it would seem. I'm not saying the sky is falling in but that was a poor performance and there was no plan B tonight. we are down to bare bones and it shows.

Yes bare bones and we're 13th in the table 13 pts and a much better goal diference from the bottom 3 with potentially a lot of money to improve the squad  next season so the extreme negativity and constant criticism and moaning on this forum is quite ridiculous and as I previouly said I really don't know why some(in fact it's quite a lot) actually bother following City If it made me so miserable I certainly wouldn't.

• Like 5
  • Flames 1

Given our injury situation, obviously the actual loss of key players but - as important -  the disruption to playing patterns, partnerships et al, that’s an ok result for me. It’s another point away from the relegation mix for us and two lost for one of the teams in the mire at the bottom. 

Not much to get excited about now bar watching Conway return, Scott continuing to flourish and Mehmeti developing. Just need to scrape up another 8 points from somewhere. 

• Like 1

I get being pleased with a point away philosophy especially with our injuries.

But we won’t play any worse teams than Huddersfield tonight and that should be a concern even if we moved the ball well.

We needed to sign a different type of striker to what we have to replace Martin in Jan.

Hoping Cornick will find his feet with us but doesn’t offer a different or more physical threat to the rest of our strike force.

1 minute ago, Cov 77 said:

Exactly , paper thin squad at present , 45 points, eleven games to go , just keep it going best we can for next few weeks and then regroup after the break 

Yes I agree few hard weeks , injures taking there toll , key players out long term , forwards not firing we’re just about holding it together 45 points .11 games to go ( some tough ) finished last year 55 points I’d be pleased to improve on that maybe 60 as a target and fans should then be happy COYR 

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 1