IGNORED

Huddersfield Town away match thread

7 hours ago, MelksRed said:

Awful signing. 

And has rung an alarm bell for summer recruitment - 

Should Scott provide us with considerable funds, it'll be the same heads that have brought in Cornick deciding how/where we invest!!.............

In all honesty this was a concern for me even pre Cornick(yes,I know he was cheap)..."they"" just don't have my trust................yet.

Edited by Son of Fred
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
7 hours ago, AshtonGreat said:

The lack of goals is a concern. None of our strikers are exactly prolific, and - as one of our key attacking players - Scott needs to start adding goals to his game. We’ll be alright for this season but it needs to be addressed if we are to push on.

Let Andi have a few games at centre forward - I'm struggling this morning to think why we wouldn't do this.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Curr Avon said:

No goals from open play for 414 minutes is the problem. Needs to change pronto. We've defended far better since Boxing Day, but need to use this platform to win matches.

Not for the want of trying. XG last night  higher than our average this season. Unfortunate that none of the ‘big’ chances fell to Wells. If we weren’t creating chances I would be more concerned 

• Like 1
8 hours ago, GrahamC said:

No idea.

Also think tonight’s point might well be the one that made us mathematically safe when the season ends, can’t see any of the bottom three gaining 14 more points.

Most important thing was they didn’t close the gap on us.

Ian Gay declared that we need 53 points. You must be wrong 

Looking forward to a small glass of sherry if Warnock finishes his career with a relegation this season.Gary Owers on Radio Bristol last night said "I have met Warnock away from football and he is a lovely bloke".The amount of times I have heard someone say that about him.Listening to the commentary last night,it sounds lucky we didn't pick up any more injuries,particularly in the first half.

As I see it , we usually lose these games up north on a cold wintry night , we are still a team in transition not play off hopefuls as some think and had at least 5 players injured who would of started tonight , city always seem to struggle when we have a group of games where on paper we should / could pick up maximum points , Cardiff,Huddersfield & Blackpool really should be 6 points minimum wouldn’t surprise me if we just get the one . 
now we are all but safe ( ?) from relegation I hope our season doesn’t just Peter out and we slide down to about 18th in the table would love to kick on and finish top 10 , again though we do tend to drift off at the end of a season I really hate that about us , I really want us to change the culture of city and coming to Ashton gate ( something Nige has alluded to ) and start being a tough nut to crack and people not liking coming here . 
That Birmingham game when we could have sent them down still gets under my skin , we just rolled over like pussy cats and had our bellies tickled & watching all those Brum fans having a jolly ??

• Like 5
1 hour ago, Beni71 said:

That involves all of the bottom 3 winning 7 of their last 11, or winning 6, drawing 3 & only losing two more games.

If you still thinks that he knows even less than I think.

Huddersfield’s run in looks brutal, their next 4 are West Brom away, Norwich home, Millwall away, Boro home.

Good luck with getting 53 points after that run of games, sadly think Cardiff are going to stay up now.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Son of Fred said:

And has rung an alarm bell for summer recruitment - 

Should Scott provide us with considerable funds, it'll be the same heads that have brought in Cornick deciding how/where we invest!!.............

In all honesty this was a concern for me even pre Cornick(yes,I know he was cheap)..."they"" just don't have my trust................yet.

Far too early to write him off.

Generally signings under Pearson have been good.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

That involves all of the bottom 3 winning 7 of their last 11, or winning 6, drawing 3 & only losing two more games.

Huddersfield’s run in looks brutal, their next 4 are West Brom away, Norwich home, Millwall away, Boro home.

Good luck with getting 53 points after that run of games, sadly think Cardiff are going to stay up now.

In complete fairness it only needs one of them to do that, not all three.

Even so very unlikely. I still think it might be higher than what the current average looks like, as with all three in an identical position it just needs one of the three to put any kind of run together for the teams above to be looking a bit nervously over their shoulders.

Equally, at the moment none of the bottom three can buy a win. Would feel confident one more win would be enough for us, not remotely worried.

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, cityexile said:

In complete fairness it only needs one of them to do that, not all three.

Even so very unlikely. I still think it might be higher than what the current average looks like, as with all three in an identical position it just needs one of the three to put any kind of run together for the teams above to be looking a bit nervously over their shoulders.

Equally, at the moment none of the bottom three can buy a win. Would feel confident one more win would be enough for us, not remotely worried.

Fair point but Wigan have won one in their last 16 (draw a lot), Blackpool just once since October. Huddersfield have a brutal next few games.

It isn’t happening.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Beni71 said:

⬇️⬇️⬇️

2 hours ago, GrahamC said:

In amongst his moaning last night, his recognising of the context of last night and then completely ignoring it so he can be negative….he seems to have adjusted his points total to 50 “we need to get to 50 points asap”.  It’s a start!  I guess I’d say “get as many points as quickly as possible”.  I would not overly surprise me if 45 points is already enough, but even I’d like 50, in fact I’d like more, because I think we can finish just in the top half.

We may limp to the international break…but hopefully have Naismith, Conway (and Wilson) all ready to give us a boost after the break.

• Like 2
  • Robin 1
4 hours ago, Son of Fred said:

Let Andi have a few games at centre forward - I'm struggling this morning to think why we wouldn't do this.

Was thinking the same. 

At last we have a manager who knows the value of playing partnerships.

We’ve giving the Bell/Wells/Sykes combo a try out that worked initially, but now has gone off the boil. 

I’d go Andi/Cornick/Sykes and see what that grouping delivers for the start of the Blackpool game … if nothing, sub on Bell/Wells at 60 minutes.

Edited by RedRock
49 minutes ago, Kolsch said:

Felt like a loss. Huddersfield are very poor and we should be winning games like that. Just one of those days and we go again on Saturday. 3 points essential.

I can see where you are coming from , Huddersfield are a poor side but up to a couple of months ago so we’re we even though we have improved we are far from the finished article. Playing side at the bottom of the league ( and with a new manager ) at this time of the year is difficult , I think if you are a Luton , Millwall West Brom with play off aspiration a draw would be a poor result , but putting it in context 5 first teamers out ( not squad but actual first teamers ) lower mid table I think you would take a draw before the game started ,but with how the game went I think we were all disappointed we didn’t get the win , 2 months ago we would have taken the draw just shows how much we have improved or are improving that we’re all disappointed we didn’t win .

• Like 2
5 hours ago, Slacker said:

Looking forward to a small glass of sherry if Warnock finishes his career with a relegation this season.Gary Owers on Radio Bristol last night said "I have met Warnock away from football and he is a lovely bloke".The amount of times I have heard someone say that about him.Listening to the commentary last night,it sounds lucky we didn't pick up any more injuries,particularly in the first half.

TBH he also used a post-match press conference to say this about Brexit.

"I can’t wait to get out of it, if I’m honest. I think we’ll be far better out of the bloody thing. In every aspect. Football-wise as well, absolutely. To hell with the rest of the world"

I don't think he and I would get on. :laughcont:

• Haha 1
34 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

TBH he also used a post-match press conference to say this about Brexit.

"I can’t wait to get out of it, if I’m honest. I think we’ll be far better out of the bloody thing. In every aspect. Football-wise as well, absolutely. To hell with the rest of the world"

I don't think he and I would get on. :laughcont:

I posted his pre match interview on this thread earlier and I must admit I kind of warmed to him watching it.   He does seem like a lovely old fella with a good sense of fun.    I wonder if he still thinks the same about Brexit - one of the very few if he does!

2 hours ago, Kolsch said:

Felt like a loss. Huddersfield are very poor and we should be winning games like that. Just one of those days and we go again on Saturday. 3 points essential.

3 points are not essential are they, it would be a nice lift for the moral of the club and fans but a bit of an exaggeration to call them essential don't you think.

Edited by pillred
1 hour ago, Daniro said:

I posted his pre match interview on this thread earlier and I must admit I kind of warmed to him watching it.   He does seem like a lovely old fella with a good sense of fun.    I wonder if he still thinks the same about Brexit - one of the very few if he does!

I wonder what Vaclik, Helik and Diarra think of him if he does! Not to mention Knockaert and the rest of his foreign legion at Huddersfield. 

• Like 1

Given all the injuries and the lack of strength in depth, I think a point and a clean sheet is a reasonable outcome.

As long as we're safe this season, I'll settle for that.

This will give Pearson the chance to test out players in new positions and combinations, and also opportunities for some of our "prospects" to prove themselves.

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

I wonder what Vaclik, Helik and Diarra think of him if he does! Not to mention Knockaert and the rest of his foreign legion at Huddersfield. 

Your post seems to be suggesting that 52% of our population are racist. 

• Confused 1
7 hours ago, Kolsch said:

Agreed. Although when on SSN they announced that three H'field defenders booked in the first 30 mins it suggested our old friend Neil W had sent his players to kick us out of the game.

4 minutes ago, 22A said:

Agreed. Although when on SSN they announced that three H'field defenders booked in the first 30 mins it suggested our old friend Neil W had sent his players to kick us out of the game.

Listening to the radio commentary, the best result we had last night was no more injuries  from bad tackles. Ref sounded very weak.

10 hours ago, DaveF said:

Far too early to write him off.

Generally signings under Pearson have been good.

Entirely agree. Quite how anyone can say that Cornick is an example of why our recruitment is poor is beyond me - he’s only been here 5 mins, plus he has played numerous games at this level including helping to get Luton to the play offs last season. However, I do think it would help him to play in a two up front. I think the same about Wells to be fair. I feel we need two strikers closer together. 

• Like 4
21 minutes ago, eardun said:

Entirely agree. Quite how anyone can say that Cornick is an example of why our recruitment is poor is beyond me - he’s only been here 5 mins, plus he has played numerous games at this level including helping to get Luton to the play offs last season. However, I do think it would help him to play in a two up front. I think the same about Wells to be fair. I feel we need two strikers closer together. 

Me too.

But don’t mention the word lop-sided in front of @Percy Pig, he’ll be using words like asymmetric on here!

Seriously though, in 17/18, we played Bryan as a left winger and Brownhill as a narrow right midfielder.  Why couldn’t Sykes be the Brownhill to Scott and James (Smith and Pack) to make more of a three…whilst allowing a front-two…and Mehmeti.

• Like 1