IGNORED

Football things you got wrong.

The turtle

4 minutes ago, The turtle said:

What opinions did you have on football have you had which turned out to be beyond wrong?

Mine was being adamant torres wouldn't get 15 goals for Liverpool in his first season in england. He blew me out the water.

I thought Woolford was great and Bolasie was shit

Only one of those was wrong though and I've been right on most things since then ?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, The turtle said:

What opinions did you have on football have you had which turned out to be beyond wrong?

Mine was being adamant torres wouldn't get 15 goals for Liverpool in his first season in england. He blew me out the water.

One word - Semenyo.

Underestimated him, based on some fairly undistinguished early outings. 

Lesson learned. 

• Like 2

I used to.not know whether putting the ball in your own net was a "home goal" or an "own goal".

n

Also, cribbing @Kodjias Wrist above, I thought there was absolutely no way all those results would go against Rovers on the last day and pitch them into non league.

No wonder that their fans rioted as they would have gone to the game fully expecting to be celebrating league survival that evening.

I can still get a bit lost with positions when I have my Dad talking about centre halfs and my nephews coming out with strings of initials they've learnt from computer games.

• Haha 3

I thought we’d ride the wave of momentum after winning league 1 and get back to back promotions like several teams before us had managed.

I thought SOD would come good.

I thought Pearson would have had a more instant impact on results. I wanted him back when we appointed Holden, and I thought he’d come in and instantly improve what we had before going on to add his own players and move people on. I didn’t think it would take this long.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

One word - Semenyo.

Underestimated him, based on some fairly undistinguished early outings. 

Lesson learned. 

Mmmm. I’d say lesson not learned considering your posts regarding Harry Cornick. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

I didn't think Rovers would fall out of the league.

I didn't think against Hartlepool 3 minutes from time we would go on to win! Wild wild celebrations

I thought we were gonna get Eddie Nketiah on loan and he would be the difference for us to get promoted!

Would of been a Great loan signing and could of been