IGNORED

Plymouth.

stephenkibby.

Home Park along with the County Ground and old Griffin Pk is one of the grounds that I’ve visited the most. It’s quite a walk thru the park but worth it when I bought the delicious burger with mushrooms from an outside vendor.

Strange what fans remember about away games……….:dunno:

12 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

I'm not a fan of Plymouth. With the exception of about 2% of its land mass it's grimmer than a 19th Century fairy tale. 

Also, I hate the way its fans behave on the very occasional times they happen to be in the same division as us. All this "Argyle the Pride of the West Country" shite. 

You aren't even in the West Country. You're the wrong side of the Fosse Way. Get back to West Wales, you green-clad clowns. 

I was born in Torquay and used to go raving in the Plymouth Warehouse, but I still laughed at this. It's not an easy place to love.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Oh Louie louie said:

I know a bloke who judges away grounds by how many mushrooms he gets robbo, don't think he's got all his buttons tbh..

I remember buying a delicious kebab outside Selhurst Pk……….City lost 2-0 that day. Mark Shail was at CB and got beaten in the air for the second goal.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, stephenkibby. said:

Without playing this week promotion looking nearer ,Sheff Wed have picked up 2 points in 4 games Barnsley beat at Exeter.

They have only one team in the top half to play,in the top two all season deserve to go up.

Have sold 38.000 for Wembley on Sunday. (Nearly Gas levels) Similar season to us in 2015.

I for one would welcome them back, always enjoyed the atmosphere in games against them. Have to say tho i lived in Devon for many years and had mates that supported them. Might not appeal to most on here.

I thought the Slags locked that many out each week?

1 hour ago, ralphindevon said:

I've spent all season hoping they go up but as they get nearer to their dream I'm reverting to hating them. 

Even when i lived in Bristol, Plymouth were my least liked Devon club, still are. Hate the place and have never seen us win there. 

COYR

We had a truly dreadful record down there for years.

However in our last 4 league visits we’ve won 2 (in 2003 & 2009) & drawn one.

The dates of those wins though show how infrequently we have played them recently.

14 hours ago, Bris Red said:

Always lively against Plymouth, I’ve always got the impression they care about us more than we do about them though. Wouldn’t class games against them as derbies as such but they always have a bit of needle about them certainly off the pitch aswell as on it..

It's odd, you'd think they'd be more focused on Exeter. Mind you, it's miles from Plymouth to anywhere.

I recall it being a bit of a dump, although that was a while back...

51 minutes ago, SecretSam said:

It's odd, you'd think they'd be more focused on Exeter. Mind you, it's miles from Plymouth to anywhere.

I recall it being a bit of a dump, although that was a while back...

Plymouth is lovely  My daughter was at uni there and I used to visit her regularly. I knew Plymouth pretty well before she went there and it’s a great place..

We almost moved there with work about 30 years ago but circumstances at that time dictated that we ended up not going

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Plymouth is lovely  My daughter was at uni there and I used to visit her regularly. I knew Plymouth pretty well before she went there and it’s a great place..

We almost moved there with work about 30 years ago but circumstances at that time dictated that we ended up not going

There was this one time, I was going to do something. But in the end, I didn’t. 

• Haha 8

34 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

The dates of those wins though show how infrequently we have played them recently.

I was living abroad fir those wins, you have to go back to 1967 for our last league win at Home Park before that. 

Hopefully that'll change next season

39 minutes ago, Robbored said:

The drunks, boozers and alkies of Plymouth were the winners in all that, then?

• Confused 1
  • Hmmm 1

2 hours ago, bcfcredandwhite said:

The Gas anthem (Goodnight Irene) was born from one of their games against Plymouth apparently…… so I’ve been told. 

Correct. Originally sung by Plymouth fans, then nicked by the gAss.

Not the first or last thing they've nicked either. "Gypsys, Tramps and Thieves" is really the song they should sing - sums them up perfectly. 

Edited by Merrick's Marvels
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Robbored said:

Home Park along with the County Ground and old Griffin Pk is one of the grounds that I’ve visited the most. It’s quite a walk thru the park but worth it when I bought the delicious burger with mushrooms from an outside vendor.

Strange what fans remember about away games……….:dunno:

What do you remember about going to Wembley with Rovers 

7 hours ago, GrahamC said:

My 1st ever away game was meant to be Argyle away. Got to the outskirts of Plymouth & the coach turned around as the game had been called off. The rearranged fixture was midweek, they needed to win for promotion & we got stuffed 4 -0.  Think Tynan got a hat trick. Naively I was impressed with our away following, till they scored & it was clear loads of their fans who couldn't get tickets were in our end! 

13 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Competitively we’ve played them 62 times in 102 years.  The gas have played them 109 times over the same period.

20 hours ago, Robbored said:

Plymouth is lovely  

Christ, if you think that, God alone knows what the part of Nailsea you live in must be like. 

Some nice villages nearby mind you. The Cornish-side is well-known, but I like the Devon coast from Bovisands to Warren Point, 

23 hours ago, ralphindevon said:

I've spent all season hoping they go up but as they get nearer to their dream I'm reverting to hating them. 

Even when i lived in Bristol, Plymouth were my least liked Devon club, still are. Hate the place and have never seen us win there. 

COYR

Exeter over Plymouth for me every day of the week and twice on a Sunday. Cornish ****s

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

59 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Plymton is a is another nice part in the area. Close to Derriford Hospital and on the edge of Dartmoor.

I have awful memories/connotations of both Derriford Hospital and Dartmoor so that's not really convincing me ?

• Like 1