IGNORED

Plymouth.

stephenkibby.

25 minutes ago, B1ackbird said:

Damn, they had a new banner to display at Ashton Gate at 05:00 If they won...

There’s got to be a picture somewhere on here of that banner that those clowns sneaked in with. I’ve tried searching but I can’t find it. That’s a good enough reason for me to dislike them and hope they don’t get promotion ??‍♂️

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Simez said:

There’s got to be a picture somewhere on here of that banner that those clowns sneaked in with. I’ve tried searching but I can’t find it. That’s a good enough reason for me to dislike them and hope they don’t get promotion ??‍♂️

What banner ?

12 minutes ago, harrys said:

What banner ?

B1ackbird made reference to 05:00 because in 2004 ( I think it was) Plymouth fans sneaked in and unravelled a green banner by the old club shop. Of course they had to do it very early so nobody saw them. 

Glad they got stuffed, hope they blow promotion aswell, got no time for them at all and they certainly wouldn't be wishing us well. They can be very "gaslike" they think they are the Newcastle of the South West and its not the greatest of places to visit for football, can be quite nasty down there.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Hmmm 1
  • Flames 1

9 hours ago, weepywall said:

Glad they got stuffed, hope they blow promotion aswell, got no time for them at all and they certainly wouldn't be wishing us well. They can be very "gaslike" they think they are the Newcastle of the South West and its not the greatest of places to visit for football, can be quite nasty down there.

2 games next season that would be interesting. Hope they do it.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, weepywall said:

I don't know about "wishing us well" but I have known quite a few Plymouth fans, I worked there for some years, and I would say that their view of us is similar to our view of Southampton.

We each recognise that the other is the bigger / better club but also think that we ought to be up there at the same level competing against them.

They would like to be our rivals as we would like to be Southampton's.

Their actual rivals are Exeter and they would prefer a much better class of rivalry.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Eddie Hitler said:

I don't know about "wishing us well" but I have known quite a few Plymouth fans, I worked there for some years, and I would say that their view of us is similar to our view of Southampton.

We each recognise that the other is the bigger / better club but also think that we ought to be up there at the same level competing against them.

They would like to be our rivals as we would like to be Southampton's.

Their actual rivals are Exeter and they would prefer a much better class of rivalry.

I’m confused, when have we ever wanted to be Southampton’s rivals? 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Agreed, we might wonder why we aren't on their level but I don't see them any differently to any other middling Prem Club

Indeed. Rovers, Cardiff and possibly can throw Swansea in the mix nowadays as our direct rivals. Never ever consider Southampton as a rival though, don’t know any City fan that does to be honest.

Edited by Bris Red