IGNORED

Who's Coming Down?

Port Said Red

9 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Everton are so, so, so bad. Those goals are pathetic and they have absolutely no idea what to do with the ball when they have it. Sensational viewing.  

Would enjoy Dyche taking them down. Another media love bird and ‘safe pair of hands’ on the managerial merry go round for PL clubs in a relegation scrap to scratch off the list. 

That misplaced midfield pass was a shocker, but fair play to Vardy superb goal. Massively entertaining game though!

• Like 1

Jamie Vardy playing the hits. Lovely to witness a goal and one onto the bar straight out of 2016.

Wilfred Ndidi is absolutely stealing a living. 

Everton are up against it and aren't coping well with Leicester going forward.

Ps. The King Power is a great modern stadium.

1 minute ago, petehinton said:

This is like watching that scene in Inbetweeners movie where Jay and Simon have each other in a headlock. Fantastic. Absolutely pony football moments both teams on a 5 minute rotation. 

I honestly think we'd take at least 4 points off of either of these teams next season.

• Confused 1

11 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

Being one of those people who makes a trip with my wife out of away days, I have earmarked 3 potentials already, Plymouth (long weekend in Cornwall) is in Southampton (visiting family) almost done, and Everton hopefully a new ground for me (We love Liverpool for a break). Being retired now means that it doesn't really matter if any of those are midweek or moved for TV coverage. :)

Me too. Spent a pleasant weekend in Chester for the Wigan game last August. Will do the same for Everton ( hopefully).

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

Me too. Spent a pleasant weekend in Chester for the Wigan game last August. Will do the same for Everton ( hopefully).

Chester is nice too, have you been to Port Sunlight? It's one of those towns built by Pastoral minded factory owners in Victorian times, like Saltaire or Bournville.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, glynriley said:

How do you know the parents weren’t also staying at the hotel? 

It’s not like anyone was harassing them. I agree it’s not the place to be asking for autographs or photos, and nobody did. 

A wave or nod of acknowledgment shouldn’t be to much to ask to give to fans who’ve travelled hundreds of miles to support them. 

Still, as long as they’re picking up their millions without having to put up with the common people, it’s all good. 

We live in an environment where away teams have their team buses attacked, fans get onto the pitch and attack players and players are subjected to appalling - sometimes racist or otherwise discriminatory - abuse from fans. I would wager it is not only fans of the away team who stand in a hotel lobby and wait for a chance to try to get a reaction from the players and I think there are extremely good reasons why players might want to put on headphones, look at their phones and ensure they don’t get sucked into or thrown off by anything ahead of a game. Meanwhile, if fans want to greet the players, they have an opportunity to do so in the stadium.

I’ve watched the same video as you have and I don’t see a single player deliberately ignoring a small child but rather quite a few players deliberately avoiding catching anyone’s eye or seeing what is going on around them, which may well be something they have learned to do from the response they get from fans elsewhere. It is a depressing reflection of the atmosphere professional footballers operate in but I am not going to judge the players for fearing negative reactions when we know that fear is not irrational.

11 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

Being one of those people who makes a trip with my wife out of away days, I have earmarked 3 potentials already, Plymouth (long weekend in Cornwall) is in Southampton (visiting family) almost done, and Everton hopefully a new ground for me (We love Liverpool for a break). Being retired now means that it doesn't really matter if any of those are midweek or moved for TV coverage. :)

Love the Liverpool weekend break ( not the team can’t stand them ) went to see Peter Kay in January was excellent ,

every time we go there we go in the Cavern club ( touristy I know ) but the quality of music is so good , been in there on a few afternoons then come out and it’s about 5 o clock but feels like it 2am , great weekend though Liverpool , lots to see and some great pubs , good people aswell , funnily though I don’t like scousers as football fans ( perhaps that’s just me ) 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Super said:

Not sure who that result helps the most.

Forest by a short head.  Roll on next Monday and a win against Southampton will make life very tricky for Everton, Leeds and Leicester.

Edited by Hxj

36 minutes ago, redkev said:

Love the Liverpool weekend break ( not the team can’t stand them ) went to see Peter Kay in January was excellent ,

every time we go there we go in the Cavern club ( touristy I know ) but the quality of music is so good , been in there on a few afternoons then come out and it’s about 5 o clock but feels like it 2am , great weekend though Liverpool , lots to see and some great pubs , good people aswell , funnily though I don’t like scousers as football fans ( perhaps that’s just me ) 

Last visit we saw Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds at the Phil', great night and a great venue with a great pub over the road. Don't be embarrassed about doing the touristy stuff, even the locals do it. :) 

• Like 1