IGNORED

Middlesborough at home match thread

1 minute ago, Northern Red said:

So the half hour before our game contains 15 minutes of talk about the Coventry v Watford game that had just finished, yet the half hour after our game will be spent entirely talking about the upcoming Burnley v Sheff Utd game.

Top stuff Sky, great coverage.... ?

On the plus side we didn't have to suffer Keith Andrews! 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

So the half hour before our game contains 15 minutes of talk about the Coventry v Watford game that had just finished, yet the half hour after our game will be spent entirely talking about the upcoming Burnley v Sheff Utd game.

Top stuff Sky, great coverage.... ?

true, but they did mention Cameron Dring at one point so they really did their homework for our game 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
4 minutes ago, miketh2nd said:

Yep it deflected off a head onto him rather than him missing the replay has shown. 

exactly it hit him after hitting someone else, Vyner player of the season for me....zero to hero

1 minute ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

There was a change after the Jan window I think. I don't want to speculate why, just seems a better spirit within the players, they have pulled together well as a smaller squad, despite the injuries AND needing to play out of position in some cases.

Nige has since said that that window was as much about who left the club as who came in, seemingly inferring that some people who weren't playing were having a negative impact on the group.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Percy Pig said:

Tanner needs to do more to stop these crosses from the left. 

⬇️⬇️⬇️

1 hour ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

He keeps getting sucked in and leaving so much space out on the line.

Partly deliberate I think, want to keep it compact in the middle of the pitch, between the outsides of each box.  With James and King we can’t split them wide and then expect them to get back into the centre.

• Thanks 1
  • Flames 1
20 minutes ago, Andrew_V1 said:

Good game but also very clear demonstration of where we are short on the required quality. Some very dodgy defensive choices offset with some brilliant attacking moves. Naismith looked absolutely miles off it and not ready 

totally agree with defensive remark.

Need some perspective ref Naismith. 

Returning from Injury. On the road to recovery. A non-game....an opportunity to give him some competitive game time....thats it. He was always going to be rusty. 

Let's think about his input next season and how this trivial performance can lead to better things early next season based on what we know he is capable of.

Could of lost....could have won.....did neither.....calm the horses. 

Edited by MelksRed
  • Like 2
8 minutes ago, Jerseybean said:

Their MDT is at 34 pages! Some of their fans were impressed by Vyner others made their keeper MotM.

This post stood out for me: ‘Still a crap result, pretty much bossed by a team full of school kids who made a lot of our players look average’.

Hardly school kids - we only had two players under 24!

1 hour ago, redkev said:

Fair play city 3 or 4 players out and put on a first half like that , really good game to watch & fair play to boro aswell playing proper football ( as you would expect with carrick  in charge ) Ryan giles quality down their left , 

would love to see Scott in this match his type of game 

Giles is great down the left…really like him.  But he’s so poor defensively.  Got to play him at LWB to not let him get exposed.

• Thanks 1

Decent game of football that. Disappointing not to get home after leading 2-0 but Boro are a good side. Boro will probably be happier having come back but at the same time both sides will be disappointed not to have forced a winner. Bell was a real nuisance for them and was justifiably named the Sky MoM but Cornick is improving into this team and nice to see him off the mark after Nahki unselfishly gave him a tap in. Good to see Naismith get some minutes. 

Edited by RoystonFoote'snephew
Text corrrection
  • Thanks 1

Thoroughly entertaining game, wish I’d been there.

Some excellent individual performances too, against some quality opposition players.

Things are looking up.

Pleased for Cornick.  He played well tonight.  He’s ragged at times, unpredictable but he can be a menace.  Giles had a torrid time defensively.

Belly had Tommy Smith on toast.  Needs to work on his final ball.  Cool finish.

Dasilva another good game too.

Goals happen, shit happens.  Despite Pring’s scoop clearance, there was still a lot of time after that to north make that the focus.

Thought whoever let Smith go for their worst was poor.  Do the hard yards early, don’t think you can make it up.

We are in the up.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Great game. Well done Cornick especially. Really entertaining both sides deserve credit.

Decent with the ball, without it not bad at times- one phase of play without it where I thought we looked very good, Cornick was in the middle of the line.

More good signs moving forward,  million miles from the shambles of Spring 2021. Strong room for growth too and depth as players return- Naismith returning is good.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, megansdad said:

Key point for me is we did that with all players being our own. No loanees. Looked a very decent performance and bodes well for next season. Surely Andy King must get a new contract.....

Spot on. By contrast, Boro had four PL loanees (Steffen, Giles, Ramsay and Archer) on the pitch at various times today. I know whose shoes I’d rather be in. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Hmmm 1

Really enjoyed that game. 

I thought everyone played with desire. 

Created plenty of chances and defended well. Organised and pressed well. Lots of energy...just needed to be more composed and take care for the ball on occasion in the final third. 

Really happy to see Harry do well. And yes...he definitely has a Steve Jones vibe about him. 

It was obvious Naismith was rusty when he came on...but good to get some minutes under his belt again. 

I thought James and King really shone today. And Wells put in a great shift. 

It's worth looking at the present Championship table and how close it is from 4th Boro and 13th us. One loss difference. And all the teams in between just a few losses difference. 

Just goes to show how tight this league is. Converting just a few draws and losses into wins would have had us top 6. 

https://www.whoscored.com/Regions/252/Tournaments/7/Seasons/9141/Stages/21050/Show/England-Championship-2022-2023

Edited by spudski
  • Like 11