IGNORED

Twentyman leaving BBC

LondonRobin

Are we going to love bomb Geoff this evening? Are we going to make the effort to actually pick up the phone for once later and bombard Radio Local, inundate the switchboard, and demand to be put through to Geoff to tell him how much we remember him as a somewhat slow and cumbersome long-ball merchant who got a bit lucky playing as high as Division 2 have appreciated his measured coverage and Paxman-esque grilling of Sleepy Steve and Slimy Ashton? And how we will miss him?

Will we ****

• Like 2

On 16/04/2023 at 10:42, Sleepy1968 said:

I don't know about 'in future', but the podcast (One for the Bristol City: The Podcast) has been running since 27/2/2023. At the moment it seems to be mainly the fan content from SOTC. and is of massively variable length.

RB seem to be pushing both the City and Gas podcasts in recent weeks, so perhaps that is the way it will be in the future.

3 hours ago, Northern Red said:

I think the BBC learned their lesson from telling the public that they were axing 6 music and having to do and embarrassing u-turn under a barrage of protests. Now they swing the axe in private. I understand that a huge chunk of local broadcasting is being cancelled.

Edited by Flounder

Sad to see Yabbo go with the rest - totally unique character. And Geoff is an absolute master of his art.
Let me go and shadow him a couple of times as a young impressionable teenager and was always so generous with his time and expertise. Top man.

• Like 5
  • Flames 3

1 hour ago, Dredd said:

I wonder if the club have any plans to present him with something at the final game? Would be pretty unprecedented for an Ex Rovers player!

They could repurpose one of the 'found' shirts they're disposing of on the rewards site.

They still might insist he has a rewards balance first ...

• Robin 1

12 hours ago, Flounder said:

Bristol 24/7 summery of what is happening at Radio Bristol.

https://www.bristol247.com/news-and-features/news/these-bbc-radio-bristol-presenters-leaving/

I know Stephanie, and she's not a bad person but what a ******* job title: "BBC senior head of content production, West and South West".

"Content production" - this is how the corporation undervalues journalism and entertainment presentation. It's "content". 

• Like 3
  • Flames 2

11 hours ago, Ron W said:

Sad to see Yabbo go with the rest - totally unique character. And Geoff is an absolute master of his art.
Let me go and shadow him a couple of times as a young impressionable teenager and was always so generous with his time and expertise. Top man.

Are you the Ron Walker?

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Ron W said:

Did he introduce you to the rest of the BBC staff as ‘Ron Walker, my guest, your guest’?

• Haha 1