IGNORED

Ross McCrorie signed - Confirmed

AshtonRobin21

20 minutes ago, Spike said:

I'm missing him with good reason, much improved but still makes mistakes both in positioning and his passing choices. If he's a starter over Dickie, Atkinson or McCrorie (if Pearson plays him at the back) then we've wasted money on these transfers. People say they want to push on for promotion but then value players with holes in their game just because they're a nice guy who tries hard. Football isn't about trying, it's about results and you don't get those when you play players with mistakes in them. 

Sorry but that’s nonsense. Wasted our money if Vyner starts? We’re looking to improve the standard of the squad and the more depth we have the higher the standards need to be to remain in the team.
The arrival of these players should drive those standards up and if Zak responds then fair play to him. He certainly stepped up last season. 
No player joining Bristol City doesn’t have holes in their game or they’d be in the premier league. 

• Like 18

1 hour ago, Spike said:

I'm missing him with good reason, much improved but still makes mistakes both in positioning and his passing choices. If he's a starter over Dickie, Atkinson or McCrorie (if Pearson plays him at the back) then we've wasted money on these transfers. People say they want to push on for promotion but then value players with holes in their game just because they're a nice guy who tries hard. Football isn't about trying, it's about results and you don't get those when you play players with mistakes in them. 

Translation:

"I wrote Vyner off, he proved me wrong but I can't bring myself to admit it".

• Like 5
  • Haha 7

10 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Translation:

"I wrote Vyner off, he proved me wrong but I can't bring myself to admit it".

I don’t know what’s worse, Moaning City fans or every post you make moaning about moaning city fans. 

• Confused 1

10 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I’ve got no idea how that bit works.

With Dickie he transfers his registration on 14th June…I assume he’s now our player though.

Assume same will happen with McCrorie….but does that mean he earns his first cap as as Aberdeen player or ours?  I’m sure some agreement will be reached if needed.

I'd guess, if everything is done and signed off, it would just be a date that triggers the transfer of the registration and the League would ratify it on day one. Scotlands next game is the 17th ( 90 Minutes actually says the EFL window opens on the 10th), so he would be our player if he plays.
Could be the quickest ever a clause has be activated :read:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, glynriley said:

No player joining Bristol City doesn’t have holes in their game or they’d be in the premier league. 

Yes, and even England defenders have mistakes in them like John Stones and Alexander-Arnold have a fair few mistakes in them although they might have other attributes that the likes of Vyner don't have! 

The point is all professional sportsmen can make mistakes if they lack confidence, are under pressure or if they have a lapse in concentration. The mind plays a massive part in performance. Vyner has improved his focus, developed confidence and took on leadership responsibilities with the likes of younger and less experienced players such as Tanner and Pring alongside him in defence. 

Both pace and athleticism would be lost in defence if Vyner (and Pring) move on.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Spike said:

I agree. Anyone we are bringing in should be better, or have the potential to be better than our existing players, otherwise what's the point? 

For me, whilst Vyner had a good season, he is a bit too laid back and he switches off and losses concentration at times. He is certainly not irreplaceable and with these defensive players we are signing, he needs to up his own level further to stay in the starting 11.

If Atkinson was fit then I think we'd be starting with him and Dickie at the back and Vyner would be back up.

• Confused 1

8 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I agree. Anyone we are bringing in should be better, or have the potential to be better than our existing players, otherwise what's the point? 

For me, whilst Vyner had a good season, he is a bit too laid back and he switches off and losses concentration at times. He is certainly not irreplaceable and with these defensive players we are signing, he needs to up his own level further to stay in the starting 11.

If Atkinson was fit then I think we'd be starting with him and Dickie at the back and Vyner would be back up.

Sorry Wsm,I think you're talking about Zac in seasons past and not the season just gone where he has upped his whole game considerably.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

I'm sure Scotty can come up with some square sausage swilled down with some Irn Bru. 

Scotty, being from Fraserburgh, probably considers a "soft southerner" :)

1 hour ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Edited by Port Said Red

19 minutes ago, Percy Pig said:

I like these posts, it's pretty obvious that the timing will be 8pm because that is the optimum time for engagement (my wife's business relies on social media promotions and any new product release is invariably announced at this time to boost views, engagement and therefore sales.

It's also pretty obvious that with international duty and previous posts that "Tuesday" will be the day that it will more than likely be today.

But you've presented it as if you "know" something. 

Very interesting.

Literally just sticking what the bloke who broke the Bryan not signing story on Facebook has posted about this signing on here for others information.

Chill out mate.

2 hours ago, TDarwall said:

I'm off to see the DMA's in Cardiff tonight, so I'd appreciate an earlier announcement. Not much to ask for a long standing season ticket holder......

And I'm in Cardiff seeing Coldplay who come on stage at 8pm, so get on the roof!

21 minutes ago, Percy Pig said:

I like these posts, it's pretty obvious that the timing will be 8pm because that is the optimum time for engagement (my wife's business relies on social media promotions and any new product release is invariably announced at this time to boost views, engagement and therefore sales.

It's also pretty obvious that with international duty and previous posts that "Tuesday" will be the day that it will more than likely be today.

But you've presented it as if you "know" something. 

Very interesting.

pulp fiction check out the big brain on brett GIF

• Like 1