IGNORED

Rotherham United at home match thread

25 minutes ago, Tom said:

I love that people are reacting as if Cam Pring wasn't playing at CB due to absolute necessity.

I think most weren't linking what we lose without him at LB, rather than not understanding why he was playing there

9 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

Clear Pen denied and their defender would have been sent off.

yep, straight red or second yellow.

7 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

I think Conway was looking for that. 

that doesn't matter, he's in-front of him, defender put hands on him...its a pen.  then send him off.

Not really flowing first half, but good enough.  Naismith good first half.  Tanner tough first half v Fosu, but battling through.  Would like to see Scott drop onto Coventry when there ball is loose...too much being picked up by Conor.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Offside said:

Looked a blatant pen from my seat in the SS. Their player was pulling Conway’s shirt straight away, I was expecting a free kick to be given before Conway got away from him. 

In fairness, your seat in the SS is about as far away from the incident as possible!! Looked it from my seat in the Dolman too mind ?

• Haha 1

Questions from the first half and one about the second half….

1) Have we had a more comfortable 45 minutes all season?

2) How did Cornick put that over the bar? 

3) If Humphrys’ had made that challenge five minutes later (rather than a minute after being booked) would the ref have given us a penalty and issued him a second yellow card?

4) Are Pearson and Downsy sleeping together?

5) Will the second half see Rotherham come out fighting and leave with a point or three or can be get a couple more goals which our dominance deserves?

• Like 1

It might look soft, but Conway had got goal side of the defender and was in on goal, so had no reason to go down other than if pushed/knocked off balance by the defender.

Also our players know they are unlikely to be awarded a penalty, so what incentive is there to simulate a foul when it's not?!

Agree with others that the ref realised he'd just booked the defender, so had he awarded the foul the defender would have to have been sent off, not that that is any justfication.

Great cross for a great goal. That's what excites me for next season. Robbed for a penalty yet again.

Am watching on Robin's TV and fully understand that the audio isn't great and that camera angles are limited. It does come across as the atmosphere being a tad flat but also a lot of empty seats (Atyeo excluded). Is that the case ?