IGNORED

Rotherham United at home match thread

7 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

I reckon QPR have just done enough now with that win. They`d have been bottom four if they`d lost and are now 18th four points clear of 22nd

It helps them as well that Huddersfield have Cardiff away and last day play Reading. It’s still possible but hard to see how all the teams below them overtake them.

• Like 2

A game of three halves first 30 mins decent enough, second 30mins dull and dreary final 30mins pretty good.

Referee was shocking their penalty was contactless, our defender never touched the Rotherham attacker. It was a dreadful decision………:disapointed2se:

The penalty that City could have got was about the right decision tho.  Anyone know why Nige got an yellow card?

Edited by Robbored
  • Like 1
5 minutes ago, Finley_Smith10 said:

That performance from the ref and the linesman on the dolman side was up there for one of the worst of the season. How that second Rotherham penalty shout wasn’t given was mental, yet the first one he gave.

Got all three major decisions in the game wrong. That takes some doing.

• Like 4
6 minutes ago, Robbored said:

A game of three halves first 30 mins decent enough, second 30mins dull and dreary final 30mins pretty good.

Referee was shocking their penalty was contactless, our defender never touched the Rotherham attacker. It was a dreadful decision………:disapointed2se:

The penalty that City could have got was about the right decision tho.  Anyone know why Nige got an elbow card?

elbow card? that's a new one for me :laugh:. 

• Haha 1
7 minutes ago, Robbored said:

The penalty that City could have got was about the right decision tho.  Anyone know why Nige got an elbow card?

This tickled me. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
11 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Three halves... 1/2 + 1/2 + 1/2 = 3/2

Figure It Out What GIF by CBC

• Like 1
  • Haha 6
16 minutes ago, Robbored said:

The penalty that City could have got was about the right decision tho.  Anyone know why Nige got an yellow card?

I'm guessing that Maths  was never your strongest subject Robbo

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, Percy Pig said:

A poor decision from Zak, but I do have sympathy, awkward place for it to bounce and the alternative is swinging his weaker foot at a pacey low ball on the volley, seem them shanked into the goal lots of times...

Got his body position slightly wrong and from there everything that could go wrong went wrong. 

Fine with it being given a pen providing the one on Conway is given. That's the point in the other thread. Just be consistently harsh or consistently passive. Don't cherry pick. 

Ref was a joke.. a couple of dangerous two footers, a blatant elbow all only met with a yellow (the first not even a foul apparently).

Fed up with it now. Shouldn't result in abuse but what other accountability is there? The profession is lost and its egotistical leaders can't see the wood for the trees..

Refs are poor...they have been all season. 

However we give them opportunities to make these poor decisions instead of doing better. It's so easy to blame the officials when they make poor decisions, however the move by us before should be looked at closer. 

Being where Vyner was, as a natural CB he would have let the ball roll across him and ' hoofed' it, instead of trying to take a touch. It was poor by him.

Same can be said for Bell going down for a penalty...he didn't need to and could have gone on and scored. 

Both poor decisions imo...and a reflection of why we don't win games more. 

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, Percy Pig said:

A poor decision from Zak, but I do have sympathy, awkward place for it to bounce and the alternative is swinging his weaker foot at a pacey low ball on the volley, seem them shanked into the goal lots of times...

Got his body position slightly wrong and from there everything that could go wrong went wrong. 

Fine with it being given a pen providing the one on Conway is given. That's the point in the other thread. Just be consistently harsh or consistently passive. Don't cherry pick. 

Ref was a joke.. a couple of dangerous two footers, a blatant elbow all only met with a yellow (the first not even a foul apparently).

Fed up with it now. Shouldn't result in abuse but what other accountability is there? The profession is lost and its egotistical leaders can't see the wood for the trees..

Their forward did a Scott and stuck out his ass into Vyner and then went down. How many free kicks have we had for that. :laugh:! Gamey but there we are  

How the player on a yellow could tug at ConwAy who was through and not get at least a second yellow and a Peno was down to a referee that didn’t want to penalize Rotherham for what ever reason. Other incidents with studs up and a belt on the nose were overlooked or given cards that were insufficient. However we as a team and a club have to toughen up and give it back , when we do is when we will mount a promotion challenge 

Edited by REDOXO

I did some stat crunching on Championship games this season for our attacking players and these are the results.

Conway - 1758 minutes played, 8 goals scored - One Goal every 219.7 minutes played
Nahki Wells - 2777 minutes played, 11 goals scored - One goal every 252.4 minutes played
Weimann - 2919 minutes played, 6 goals scored - One goal every 486.5 minutes played
Sam Bell - 1000 minutes played, 2 goals scored - One goal every 500 minutes played
Mark Sykes - 2367 minutes played, 4 goals scored - One goal every 591.75 minutes played
Mehmeti -  699 minutes played, 1 goal scored - One goal every 699 minutes played
Harry Cornick  -  721 minutes played, 1 goal scored - On goal every 721 minutes played

Conway is the most prolific striker we have by some considerable distance when it comes to game time played being turned into goals, Wells is second but has had the second most game time of all of our attacking players, Weimann is third who has the most minutes by a considerable distance of all of the attacking players. Bell is fourth with practically a 3rd of Weimanns game time to his name, Sykes is 5th, although for a considerable time, he was playing as a right back, and then you have the new lads who seem to be getting a lot of stick despite having no preseason, moving club only 3 months ago and mostly having inconsistent starting patterns.

I think this reinforces what I was trying to say today when I was saying that the new lads have not had enough time to really get into their best form whilst we continue to play Weimann and Wells when they are not playing at their best. I've maintained that Conway should be starting ahead of Wells and with over 1000 minutes less game time and a mid-season injury he's still more prolific. Bell seems to be getting tons of playtime due to his speed on the wing but has only scored two league goals and with the last few games meaning very little I do think Mehmeti should have got some time as at this point it looks like Pearson has ruled him out for the season, maybe with the intent to give him a pre-season to get properly set in with the squad. Cornick is last in the list and probably should have had a couple more goals than his only one he has so far, I mean the one he missed today was dreadful but I can see why Pearson likes him, he's a worker and although his goals to games ratio is pretty poor I think a preseason and a goal or two to get the fans off of his back and he could really come good.

I got a lot of shit on here today for getting frustrated that Mehmeti wasn't given any time and saying that Weimann shouldn't be coming on when Mehmeti isn't being given time and I can accept that, I'm a big boy, but what frustrates me the most is when fans glaze over issues because someone says something and then it comes back to bite them in the arse. Did I say Mehmeti should be on instead of Weimann, yes, does that mean that all of my opinions/views are instantly wrong when Weimann scored, no. Weimann scored a goal from the 6 yard box that fell kindly for him and I celebrated it like any other fan as I like the guy, but that doesn't change the fact that he's not been at his best and prior to the match I was not the only one saying it. I would still pick Bell, Conway and either Cornick or Sykes over Weimann for most games going forwards and I would like to see Mehmeti start with Conway in the middle because I think Conway would complement Mehmeti far better than Wells or Cornick do in that striker position. I'd also pick Scott over Weimann for that attacking midfield role with James and King/Williams behind them. I hope going into next season Weimann has less minutes, we have a couple of new midfielders (one to replace Scott), Mehmeti and Cornick get more game time, preferably starts, and Weimann is slowly fazed out. He's been an amazing players for us at times but I'm fed up of us holding onto players past their best whilst young and determined players sit on the bench or in the reserves.

• Like 1
58 minutes ago, petehinton said:

At what point are people going to finally clock Rotherham could still go down, so were always going to be grim to play against as they’re still fighting for their lives?

31 minutes ago, spudski said:

Shocking decision by the Ref...but why give him the option...worse decision by Vyner with that first touch considering where he is and the opposition. 

I think the first touch was a tough one to a pacy bouncing cross.  The decision to “touch” Hugill was the error.  It’s a penalty just like Conway’s was.

26 minutes ago, elhombrecito said:

Three halves... 1/2 + 1/2 + 1/2 = 3/2

Figure It Out What GIF by CBC

HHGTTG - A Trilogy in 4 parts!

• Thanks 1
11 minutes ago, Spike said:

I did some stat crunching on Championship games this season for our attacking players and these are the results.

Conway - 1758 minutes played, 8 goals scored - One Goal every 219.7 minutes played
Nahki Wells - 2777 minutes played, 11 goals scored - One goal every 252.4 minutes played
Weimann - 2919 minutes played, 6 goals scored - One goal every 486.5 minutes played
Sam Bell - 1000 minutes played, 2 goals scored - One goal every 500 minutes played
Mark Sykes - 2367 minutes played, 4 goals scored - One goal every 591.75 minutes played
Mehmeti -  699 minutes played, 1 goal scored - One goal every 699 minutes played
Harry Cornick  -  721 minutes played, 1 goal scored - On goal every 721 minutes played

Conway is the most prolific striker we have by some considerable distance when it comes to game time played being turned into goals, Wells is second but has had the second most game time of all of our attacking players, Weimann is third who has the most minutes by a considerable distance of all of the attacking players. Bell is fourth with practically a 3rd of Weimanns game time to his name, Sykes is 5th, although for a considerable time, he was playing as a right back, and then you have the new lads who seem to be getting a lot of stick despite having no preseason, moving club only 3 months ago and mostly having inconsistent starting patterns.

I think this reinforces what I was trying to say today when I was saying that the new lads have not had enough time to really get into their best form whilst we continue to play Weimann and Wells when they are not playing at their best. I've maintained that Conway should be starting ahead of Wells and with over 1000 minutes less game time and a mid-season injury he's still more prolific. Bell seems to be getting tons of playtime due to his speed on the wing but has only scored two league goals and with the last few games meaning very little I do think Mehmeti should have got some time as at this point it looks like Pearson has ruled him out for the season, maybe with the intent to give him a pre-season to get properly set in with the squad. Cornick is last in the list and probably should have had a couple more goals than his only one he has so far, I mean the one he missed today was dreadful but I can see why Pearson likes him, he's a worker and although his goals to games ratio is pretty poor I think a preseason and a goal or two to get the fans off of his back and he could really come good.

I got a lot of shit on here today for getting frustrated that Mehmeti wasn't given any time and saying that Weimann shouldn't be coming on when Mehmeti isn't being given time and I can accept that, I'm a big boy, but what frustrates me the most is when fans glaze over issues because someone says something and then it comes back to bite them in the arse. Did I say Mehmeti should be on instead of Weimann, yes, does that mean that all of my opinions/views are instantly wrong when Weimann scored, no. Weimann scored a goal from the 6 yard box that fell kindly for him and I celebrated it like any other fan as I like the guy, but that doesn't change the fact that he's not been at his best and prior to the match I was not the only one saying it. I would still pick Bell, Conway and either Cornick or Sykes over Weimann for most games going forwards and I would like to see Mehmeti start with Conway in the middle because I think Conway would complement Mehmeti far better than Wells or Cornick do in that striker position. I'd also pick Scott over Weimann for that attacking midfield role with James and King/Williams behind them. I hope going into next season Weimann has less minutes, we have a couple of new midfielders (one to replace Scott), Mehmeti and Cornick get more game time, preferably starts, and Weimann is slowly fazed out. He's been an amazing players for us at times but I'm fed up of us holding onto players past their best whilst young and determined players sit on the bench or in the reserves.

@BigTone please summarize!?

A good win, and it’s always very satisfying to get an injury time winner, but we made hard work of it. We should have been out of sight by half time. Second half our performance was quite flat and they had the better chances. Awful defending in the lead up to their goal, but it was a very soft penalty. 

Conway and Bell were our best players IMO. And congratulations to Andi Weimann on his 50th City goal. 

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, Super said:

2nd half was a tough watch in fact they looked the more likely to grab the winner. Still a wins a win but pretty poor quality.

Although our general play up to the final third has been high quality recently and we’ve been losing. In fairness if we had more of a cutting edge the game would have been done and dusted after half an hour.

18 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I think the first touch was a tough one to a pacy bouncing cross.  The decision to “touch” Hugill was the error.  It’s a penalty just like Conway’s was.

HHGTTG - A Trilogy in 4 parts!

I’ve only seen the clip above but I can’t see how that’s a pen - either way it’s the sheer inconsistency with the officials in this division which is the infuriating thing. 

• Like 4