IGNORED

Rotherham United at home match thread

10 minutes ago, Percy Pig said:

When we give it back we get punished.

Norwood nearly breaks Sykes or Scott's leg, nothing. Tanner does the same thing, red. 

Sykes red card against Luton. 

I don't think we need to be elbowing people to get promoted, Tbh. 

No one needs to be elbowing anyone. But we have to toughen up and give as good as we get. Pearson keeps saying it and he is right. 

16 minutes ago, Percy Pig said:

I'll have a go. A lot of bollocks slagging off our match winning captain. 

Nice job!!

Well, what a strange game!

Our application first half was brilliant, and really Cornick's chance (awful miss!) could have sent us on the way to a rout. 

Second half, as has been the case a few times this season, turned in Rotherham's favour. 

I don't think there should have been any penalties in the game. 

It should have been a narrow win for us, and I guess we got what we deserved.

Has to be said, the luck involved in the ball landing to Weimann is epic! Several crazy bounces including off a defenders arse! Madness.

Scoring a last minute winner is always sweet. Now the buzz has subsided it's just an odd game to reflect on.

1 hour ago, Percy Pig said:

Ignore list is growing tonight...

1 hour ago, petehinton said:

At what point are people going to finally clock Rotherham could still go down, so were always going to be grim to play against as they’re still fighting for their lives?

What are you guys going to do in the summer when you don't have a match day thread to rail against fans who are critical? You'll need a new hobby.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

There’s a whole summer of recruitment that needs the same thoughts. ?

I'm writing them all off now!

1 minute ago, Percy Pig said:

I might actually acknowledge the kids on a Saturday! ?

Same here. It's going to be a long summer, eh?!

• Haha 1
29 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Just seen the Sky highlights. Never a pen IMO and for all the fuss around HC`s miss I`ve nothing said on here about his brilliant lay off to TC who shot straight at the keeper in the second half.

A decent layoff. But a miss literally every one of us wouldve scored! He had more chance of scoring than missing from there. Lets hope a decent summer of fitness for him sees him come back differently to what weve seen so far!

Thought we were good in the first half, capped by a great goal. But yet again we didn’t cash in when on top. 

Their pen was on the soft side, especially given that the one against Pring after the pen wasn’t given. 

Lovely to get a last-minute winner after so many that went against us in recent years, and overall it was deserved IMO. 

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Didn’t fit in to LJs style of play - whatever style it was……………:dunno:

The kind of style which beat multiple premier league teams including Mourinho's star studded Manchester United, in a cup that nearly took us to a league cup final?

• Like 4
16 minutes ago, nickolas said:

A decent layoff. But a miss literally every one of us wouldve scored! He had more chance of scoring than missing from there. Lets hope a decent summer of fitness for him sees him come back differently to what weve seen so far!

Cornick was chasing shadows all game - sitting in the Lansdown had him in front of us in the second half and every time the ball came near him he was either too soft in the challenge, too slow in the first 2 yds of pace and his legs just don’t seem to react quick enough. His pass completion % must have been appalling.

He needs a huge summer to get fit, bolster up and improve his reflexes and generally turn into a Championship footballer rather than one from the lower leagues. 

We have sooooo many players ahead of him (when fit) I’d be amazed if he kept his place in the match day squad next season.

• Confused 3
Just now, Denbury Red said:

Cornick was chasing shadows all game - sitting in the Lansdown had him in front of us in the second half and every time the ball came near him he was either too soft in the challenge, too slow in the first 2 yds of pace and his legs just don’t seem to react quick enough. His pass completion % must have been appalling.

He needs a huge summer to get fit, bolster up and improve his reflexes and generally turn into a Championship footballer rather than one from the lower leagues. 

We have sooooo many players ahead of him (when fit) I’d be amazed if he kept his place in the match day squad next season.

He did some good harrying at time and won a decent header, but in general I thought he was bog standard and the miss was a shocker. If his confidence has been wavering since signing, today will not have helped at all.

I was gutted not to see Mehmeti today.

I really want him to do well, but I'm really struggling with what Cornick adds to the team.
His touch isn't great, when he closes he looks like he's doing it without a plan. Even ignoring the open goal miss he looks clumsy and directionless at times. I really hope he has a good Pre-Season that makes him more confident and effective.