IGNORED

Joe Bryan - Signed for Millwall

1 hour ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I can't really see him going anywhere else where he's likely to earn more than he would here. There is also the added benefit of being back in Bristol near his family etc.

No brainer, from his point of view. His (footballing) stock isn't particularly high at present (struggled to get into Fulham's side for a year or two then 7 games in Nice), so Championship is probably his best bet.

17 hours ago, chinapig said:

He's also a lot fitter and stronger than when he was with us. He has what Nigel calls Premier League fitness, which makes this rumour even more plausible.

Hasn’t he been injured for a large chunk of the last 18 months? And barely played this season in France. That said he was always a great athlete so after a full pre season would hopefully be firing on all cylinders. 

Edited by BITW

42 minutes ago, BITW said:

Hasn’t he been injured for a large chunk of the last 18 months? And barely played this season in France. That said he was always a great athlete so after a full pre season would hopefully be firing on all cylinders. 

Check out his Instagram, looks like a different person compared to when he played for us.

C85EF65E-B0AF-443D-9B0D-BBAB81119A22.jpeg

Edited by George Rs

IF he's coming back to play and is driven to do something for his home town club, then yes, we would be daft not to look into him returning BUT, if he's coming home to run his career down, no thanks, we've been there too many times over the years.

All about gaging his 'hunger' before we commit, in my very humble opinion.

• Like 7

People talking about him coming to play central midfield because LJ tried him out there a couple of times and because we have Pring. 1+1=3.

He’s a left back/ left wing back/ left midfielder. End of.

If he’s returning (and it’s a big if) it will be to come in and compete with Pring (replacing Dasilva). Can’t see us signing two left backs though.

Soooo, are we back in for Currie or going for Bryan? It will be one or the other though.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, B-Rizzle said:

People talking about him coming to play central midfield because LJ tried him out there a couple of times and because we have Pring. 1+1=3.

He’s a left back/ left wing back/ left midfielder. End of.

If he’s returning (and it’s a big if) it will be to come in and compete with Pring (replacing Dasilva). Can’t see us signing two left backs though.

Soooo, are we back in for Currie or going for Bryan? It will be one or the other though.

What if we're bringing in Bryan to play left midfield? That then leaves space to also bring in Currie. 

So now you’re gonna believe us

So now you’re gonna beliiiiiiiieve ussssssss

Joe Bryan’s coming back

(well maybe)

In all seriousness, if this is true and the other rumoured clubs are true, I wouldn’t see him choosing the others over us.

• Like 3
  • Robin 1

5 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Joe Bryan’s coming back

(well maybe)

In all seriousness, if this is true and the other rumoured clubs are true, I wouldn’t see him choosing the others over us.

Yeah it’s worth noting that Swansea have struggled to agree terms with their OOC players despite wanting to keep so that blows the “wages” argument out if they’re in the mix. I don’t see Joe choosing Cardiff, Swansea, Millwall, Stoke or Blackburn over us. How much the post know mind is always up to debate

17 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Joe Bryan’s coming back

(well maybe)

If he does, it would be about ££ and we would be better off leaving it plus he will probably get better money elsewhere. If he signs for us, happy days.

7 minutes ago, roddy-d said:

Why do some think Pring is off?? I’ve read nothing or seen anything indicating this. Is he signed till 2025 with another year option. 

2+2=5 basically. As you say there is nothing to suggest he is going anywhere.

14 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

If he does, it would be about ££ and we would be better off leaving it plus he will probably get better money elsewhere. If he signs for us, happy days.

I don't get the impression that money is Joe's primary motivation but time will tell.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, roddy-d said:

Why do some think Pring is off?? I’ve read nothing or seen anything indicating this. Is he signed till 2025 with another year option. 

I haven’t either but, the lad can play and that will not have gone unnoticed.

I think he is a key part of the squad now but as always money talks and a good offer for him may, and I mean may, see him move on.

I don’t see it this summer but the same will apply next season to Conway if he keeps scoring and we don’t at least make the top 6 .

9 minutes ago, ScottishRed said:

I haven’t either but, the lad can play and that will not have gone unnoticed.

I think he is a key part of the squad now but as always money talks and a good offer for him may, and I mean may, see him move on.

I don’t see it this summer but the same will apply next season to Conway if he keeps scoring and we don’t at least make the top 6 .

He’s certainly has came on loads since watching him play for Hereford. 
I for one can’t see him moving on in the summer. 

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Joe Bryan’s coming back

(well maybe)

Shock of the century that Cardiff is in for another of our former players

Joe Bryan’s coming back

(well maybe)

Bizarre part of that article is the contention in it that Pring could play CB is in any way a factor.

Can’t see that at all.

11 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Bizarre part of that article is the contention in it that Pring could play CB is in any way a factor.

Can’t see that at all.

No, agree…as several of us have said I would expect Joe to play in front of Cam, some left midfield-type role.

• Like 1

No, nor me.  Anything but imho.

I agree but hopefully we won’t use coming home as a chip with which to take the proverbial - it’s part of the conversation of course but won’t be the be all and end all.   Given who is in charge now I wouldn’t think that would be the case but historically that may well have happened. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Can’t see that at all.

Agreed, unless it's a short term fix until Atkinson is fit.

Not ideal but I'm not having Naismith at CB who continues to be an accident waiting to happen. He can play in midfield with James. 

I'd think that the first requisite for City this coming season if they want to make a serious attempt at reaching the playoffs is to have two players for every position, for every formation. So if whatever NP chooses, he has cover for every position and with another 50-55 games on the cards next season, that will be vital if there's to be no fall-off. Probably means Pring isn't going anywhere, I'd say.... JB as a LCDM might well work; after all, King & James can't play every week, that's for sure. 

Maybe as regards to Mehmeti, NP think he might try him on the right at some point. He's got Sykes and a few others  that can play there but IMO Weimann is better as a 10 and no one else has really grabbed the shirt when they've come in. And you only have to look back to last Saturday to see how dangerous a quality left footed player can be on the right flank. 

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Agreed, unless it's a short term fix until Atkinson is fit.

Not ideal but I'm not having Naismith at CB who continues to be an accident waiting to happen. He can play in midfield with James. 

I would still expect our summer recruitment to address this, so us signing Joe Bryan (or not) won’t be a factor.

Atkinson said last week that his ACL injury was a “7 to 9 month” one, so realistically he’s not going to be back until November.

We therefore already know this, so adding Jake O’Brien & either bringing in another CB as well or offering Kalas reduced terms, plus of course having the ever available Vyner to call upon is how we address this, not by playing our best LB out of position for months.

1 hour ago, BLRed said:

Can we have Webster and Kelly back please also? Along with brownhill, eliasson and Bobby 

We can all  dream lolz. I think the best thing we can hope for is they all get big money moves this summer. 

2 hours ago, roddy-d said:

Hope not! Although someone I know who knows his family said him and his agent were looking to leave in the Jan window when he was out of favour with Nige.