IGNORED

Joe Bryan - Signed for Millwall

22 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Hope not! Although someone I know who knows his family said him and his agent were looking to leave in the Jan window when he was out of favour with Nige. 

He said she said. Clearly the kick up the backside he needed as said Pring has come on loads from the player I watched at Hereford while on loan there. 

• Like 2

People are talking about Pring as if it would be a case of ‘letting him go’. It wouldn’t be that. It would be a case of getting fairly big bids for him, which I definitely wouldn’t rule out happening as he’s been that good since January. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, petehinton said:

People are talking about Pring as if it would be a case of ‘letting him go’. It wouldn’t be that. It would be a case of getting fairly big bids for him, which I definitely wouldn’t rule out happening as he’s been that good since January. 

With a dominant ball winning CB, I’m more than happy to see him as a LCB in a 2 or 3.  He has been superb for us in 2023 but has performed  equally well in both positions.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, marcofisher said:

I can’t see us signing Bryan and Currie. Unless this means that Pring is off. I think we would go for Currie over Bryan as cheaper wages and fits our general direction in terms of signings. 

I can. That will mean we are fully covered down the left hand side. 

Our general direction in terms of signings is either players that we can develop or players Nige has worked with before. Whilst Nige hasn't worked with Bryan before, I'm sure Tinnion would have. Nige clearly trusts Tinnions judgement. 

Our dressing room is going to lose some experience in the summer so that may need replacing.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I can. That will mean we are fully covered down the left hand side. 

Our general direction in terms of signings is either players that we can develop or players Nige has worked with before. Whilst Nige hasn't worked with Bryan before, I'm sure Tinnion would have. Nige clearly trusts Tinnions judgement. 

Our dressing room is going to lose some experience in the summer so that may need replacing.

For me it’s about improving the squad, either with better players or providing depth…or both.  We are gonna need more players who can play 30-35+ games with decreasing the team performance level.  This season we’ve struggled when the likes of Naismith AND James have been injured at the same time.  We’ve struggled when Atkinson joined Kalas in the injured list and Pring had to move away from LB.

You’re right re experience too.  Kalas and King likely to depart.

29 minutes ago, Shuffle said:

With a dominant ball winning CB, I’m more than happy to see him as a LCB in a 2 or 3.  He has been superb for us in 2023 but has performed  equally well in both positions.

If we are going with a back four, which I suspect is Pearson's preferred defence, two dominant centre backs, both good in the air and enough pace on the ground to cope with quick attackers. Pring isn't tall enough for a permanent spell in the centre but he is very valuable to defending against wide attacks and massively important for his ability to create real goal scoring attacks down the left side. If we had a Joe Bryan type in wide left midfield, then a real added bonus.

On the right side, Tanner and Sykes are a pretty good pairing although an effective but different combination than the left two.

So defensivel cover, assuming Kalas doesn't stay, we need two centre backs plus Vyner / Atkinson and a right and left back.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

For me it’s about improving the squad, either with better players or providing depth…or both.  We are gonna need more players who can play 30-35+ games with decreasing the team performance level.  This season we’ve struggled when the likes of Naismith AND James have been injured at the same time.  We’ve struggled when Atkinson joined Kalas in the injured list and Pring had to move away from LB.

You’re right re experience too.  Kalas and King likely to depart.

For me replacing JD in the squad with Bryan is an improvement. Not many have spoken about Joe's set piece ability which would be a huge improvement on what we have got now. Also he adds goals to the team which Nige has spoken about a few times. For me it's an absolute no brainer if we can financially make it work. 

Down the left we will have Pring, Bryan, Mehmeti and Bell can play there too. 

Joe always came across as experienced beyond his years and now he brings back a wealth of experience to us. 

Usually im dead against signing former players but I think Joe will see the vast improvements the club has made since he left with the new training ground and the integration of the whole club at the training ground and the professional set up we now have under Nige. I think those things will excite him and give him the motivation to want to come back here and help take his club to the next level. 

13 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

If we are going with a back four, which I suspect is Pearson's preferred defence, two dominant centre backs, both good in the air and enough pace on the ground to cope with quick attackers. Pring isn't tall enough for a permanent spell in the centre but he is very valuable to defending against wide attacks and massively important for his ability to create real goal scoring attacks down the left side. If we had a Joe Bryan type in wide left midfield, then a real added bonus.

On the right side, Tanner and Sykes are a pretty good pairing although an effective but different combination than the left two.

So defensivel cover, assuming Kalas doesn't stay, we need two centre backs plus Vyner / Atkinson and a right and left back.

I also think by signing Bryan for him to play left midfield then that gives us the possibility of maybe playing Mehmeti behind the strikers.

• Like 6

Can’t remember who but someone in the Ross Mccorie thread said that JB was nailed on but after watching the pre match conference it seems very far away from that? 

Anyone have any idea if this is direct communication with joe & scout etc or just starting enquiries? 

1 minute ago, George Rs said:

Can’t remember who but someone in the Ross Mccorie thread said that JB was nailed on but after watching the pre match conference it seems very far away from that? 

Anyone have any idea if this is direct communication with joe & scout etc or just starting enquiries? 

Think we’d need @Bcfcshags or @The hand of RO'D to comment.

2+2=5, but the fact that Nige even talked about Bryan, rather than batting away or “I won’t talk about individual players”, sounded to me like confirmation we are in for him…almost positioning with the fans - this is not a signing for sentimental reasons, he’s here to make us stronger and help us challenge for promotion.

I could of course be totally wrong.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

2+2=5, but the fact that Nige even talked about Bryan, rather than batting away or “I won’t talk about individual players”, sounded to me like confirmation we are in for him…almost positioning with the fans - this is not a signing for sentimental reasons, he’s here to make us stronger and help us challenge for promotion.

The fact Pearson has named him suggests this is quite far down the line to me.

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Good point, just went through it again and it seemed quite clear he was trying to send that message. And if so they are probably quite far down the line if he’s talking about why they are signing him instead of why they are looking at him. No point bringing up the sentimental part otherwise 

With Nige there tends to be 3 categories of response that can be loosely interpreted as follows:

1. Flat out denial = genuinely nothing in it

2. "Won't talk about individuals" = we're interested but not at an advanced stage

3. Mentions player by name, expands a bit = very interested, deal at advanced stage. Not done but fairly confident.

• Like 9

5 minutes ago, AshtonRobin21 said:

Sorry to be a pain, but does anyone know roughly what minute mark Pearson starts to talk about Bryan?

Don’t know about NPs minute mark, but we need at least another 10 pages on this thread before anything happens either way 

• Like 1

Haven’t heard anything since last week. As a supporter having my own opinion on it, it makes complete sense, a player who can play 3 or so positions, which clearly Nige likes & has won promotion out of this league. Of course the figures have to be right but we’re much more attractive now we have a “proper manager” in charge as to when Joe left, I know LJ wasn’t Joe’s biggest fan. Also Nige spoke about this today, without shutting it down..

32 minutes ago, George Rs said:

Might be a stupid question but forgive me, how do people get itk about these things? 

Knowing someone who works at the club? Hiding in the bins at the training ground? 

Stage one - 3 weeks stakeout at Avon Gorge Hotel

Stage two - subscribe to Plane Tracker and attend Lulsgate (Bristol International Airport to you young uns) twice within a transfer window

Stage three - use the ? emoji with conviction and have the post liked by Kid In The Riot / bcfcshags / hand of Rod

Stage four - hide in the bins at the training ground

???

• Like 1
  • Haha 9

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Honestly no idea how far along this is! But I’d say if nige is openly talking about it, it’s a good sign. 

As for being ITK, I know someone who is high up in one of city’s main sponsors.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

With Nige there tends to be 3 categories of response that can be loosely interpreted as follows:

1. Flat out denial = genuinely nothing in it

2. "Won't talk about individuals" = we're interested but not at an advanced stage

3. Mentions player by name, expands a bit = very interested, deal at advanced stage. Not done but fairly confident.

He's also sending a message to Joe there as he'd be confident it would be heard by him.  

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Stage two - subscribe to Plane Tracker and attend Lulsgate (Bristol International Airport to you young uns) twice within a transfer window

Stage three - use the ? emoji with conviction and have the post liked by Kid In The Riot / bcfcshags / hand of Rod

???

Stage 5. Contact Bielsa and see what his spies found out.

• Haha 1

???

55 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Stage 5. Contact Bielsa and see what his spies found out.

Why not bypass all of this and just subscribe to Roy de Alien? 

• Haha 8

???

Ummm, there is a stage 5 :fear::fear::)